August 12, 2020, 10:56:17 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 184785 times)

October 17, 2019, 02:31:10 AM
Reply #315

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keane isn’t good at the things he’s supposed to be good at.

He's very one dimensional isn't he. Usually with cbs at our level I think you can get physical units like a huth or Morgan or dunk, or even smalling who's athletically good, but can't kick a footy on a straight line, or good on the ball but couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Keane is a mix of both, but like a bad mix... He's a stopper who's not  brick shithouse or fast and he can ball a bit but not that well like.

We were blessed with Jags who was fast as fuck, a good stopper and a good last line defender. Could barely kick a ball but yknow. Give him that one.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2019, 02:56:25 AM
Reply #316

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know a lot changed today but I feel like when Walcott starts we generally create more chances?

An Inconvenient Truth
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2019, 04:29:54 PM
Reply #317

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we’re on our way to establishing this as a way to play in the vast majority of the games vs the not great sides.

The other “hated” team selection/ approach could justifiably be claimed to work vs the better sides, so just hope we can mix it up accordingly.

He'll change the midfield definitely. Think Delph will be straight back in, probably for Davies.

October 27, 2019, 03:50:24 AM
Reply #318

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seen enough in the last two games to make me think he can turn it around.

Two wins in the next two games and he’s sound.

He’ll still be here regardless of what happens on Tuesday anyway. There’s a level headedness to the board with brands involved so I think we’re a long way from him getting the boot.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he lasts the season tbh.

Turn it around to what extent tho? What are you waiting for?

Get to the end of the season and hit reset? Csb get on board with that.

October 27, 2019, 05:05:59 AM
Reply #319

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Getting us to a top half finish would be a pretty impressive turnaround, but will it happen and is that the best we can hope for? We’re only a few points off of 7th but our form is awful and we have a nightmare December coming up. I really don’t see how anyone get have genuine belief he’ll turn it around.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Turn it around as in go on to have a successful Everton career, no. No chance.

Turn it around as in win enough home games to come 8th 9th or 10th, sure.

October 27, 2019, 05:06:12 AM
Reply #320

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Getting us to a top half finish would be a pretty impressive turnaround, but will it happen and is that the best we can hope for? We’re only a few points off of 7th but our form is awful and we have a nightmare December coming up. I really don’t see how anyone get have genuine belief he’ll turn it around.

Turn it around as in go on to have a successful Everton career, no. No chance.

Turn it around as in win enough home games to come 8th 9th or 10th, sure.

October 27, 2019, 07:41:26 PM
Reply #321

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Exactly mate. So why persevere with him?

The only argument I could make is that the market for managers is worse mid season.

Don't want another stop gap, we need progress really.

October 28, 2019, 02:48:34 PM
Reply #322

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Marcelino would be an interesting one.

Not the worldy you'd hope for and plenty of risk (no English etc.) but is a good manager.

Would need a few players in Jan to make his system work I believe.

October 28, 2019, 03:05:30 PM
Reply #323

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I hate this bit, where it's abundantly obvious to everyone that the incumbent manager isn't going to be the right one, but we're stuck with him until we have a specific combination of bad results to justify giving him the bullet.

It's like breaking up with someone, and still having to live in the same house for another few months.

This is why I'm not really interested in blaming VAR.

Bad decisions from refs or individual errors cost teams but if you are good you give yourself a wider margin of error. Silva has games on a knife-edge even when we are winning, so the lightest breeze and we're at sea.

I believe this side has real real quality, finding excuses for him to stay is just prolonging the inevitable really.

if the marcelino rumours are true so be it, if the Martinez or Moyes ones are true maybe we hold out to the end of the year..

October 28, 2019, 04:15:25 PM
Reply #324

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is Martinez an actual rumour. Christ if we go down that road twice there’s something seriously wrong with the club

Can't bring myself to read the echo article but the headline is unfinished business.

October 28, 2019, 04:40:40 PM
Reply #325

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's not coming back, just read the article instead of stressing about it.

I'm not stressing out whatsoever but thank you for your concern.

Fucking stress / flap is the NSNO snowflake isn't it.

October 29, 2019, 04:55:37 AM
Reply #326

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I still have faint hopes despite myself, I think because deep down I'm an optimistic blue.

But fucking hell, you've got to say he's made a fantastic case for his own sacking. 18 months down the line and the table refuses to reflect what we've all tried to believe was coming, and without that bizarre turn of form at home against good sides in their own private turmoil, we've been largely meh.

The football is better than koeman and Allardyce, and the underlying numbers do suggest a team that should be closer to maybe 9th than 16th, but is that good enough?

I think he's wasting a decent squad personally, and it's the first time I've felt that way since Martinez.

Need replacements for Keane, Coleman, Gomes, Walcott, and depth up top, and need to fuck off the likes of Delph, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson Tosun Bolasie Niasse, but there's more than enough to get 7th in this side, we just need a manager and more importantly a COACH who can improve performances.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:57:03 AM by brap2 »

October 30, 2019, 03:53:05 AM
Reply #327

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I thought if anything it was disappointing how we looked vs that shower!

Like the look of Quina though. Would rather him than Doucoure if we must in the summer.

October 30, 2019, 01:51:34 PM
Reply #328

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Won 2-0, hit the bar twice, had one cleared off the line and I don’t recall Pickford making any saves.

Really wasn’t that bad. We would’ve all took that before the game.

Can go into spurs now with the cloud lifted somewhat.

I can get on board with this a bit I think.

November 04, 2019, 04:30:22 AM
Reply #329

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not discounting his mistakes, but fucking hell hes been unlucky.

we keep losing games where we've out shot the opposition (xg). Another one today. Horrible horrible luck, horrible individual errors, poor game management.

We need some luck.