August 25, 2019, 12:40:03 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 95089 times)

KoemansNumberTens, sam of the south and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 06, 2019, 02:37:26 AM
Reply #75

KoemansNumberTens

The season as a whole wasn't shite. Why is everything so black and white with you? 8th, playing much better football, ending the season as one of the best teams defensively, and beating a number of the Top 6 handsomely is not a shite season.

Maybe you're just not very good at expressing yourself, I don't know.

It’s not. I’m actually saying it’s not black and white. That if you look at the bullet points it’s been shite but we end the season with optimism because of how it’s ended. I didn’t think what I posted was overly difficult to understand. I apologise though xx

May 07, 2019, 04:53:12 PM
Reply #76

KoemansNumberTens

Personally I think koeman fucked up walsh’s prospects rather than the other way round.

Lazy sums the man up.

May 07, 2019, 05:45:42 PM
Reply #77

KoemansNumberTens

Let's not play down the total ineptitude of Walsh please (despite how shit Koeman was/is).

The man had a say in all of the piss poor dealings that were concluded.

If he didn't, he essentially failed at his job as DoF.

He was weak and so easily bullied. Of course he failed but I think the vast majority is on koeman who just saw us as an easy life. We appointed him for the Southampton rebuilds that we’re actually done by a director of football

May 13, 2019, 12:25:28 AM
Reply #78

KoemansNumberTens

Loved his post match interview. Talked about our dreadful away record at spurs and against all the top 6 in recent years and said it wasn’t good enough. Talked about being unhappy with our start. Wanting more than today’s draw and how he’s convinced the players individually and the team as a whole are better now than when the season started

The season in terms of billet points has been on the disappointing side. Shite in the cups and 8th. The thing is though we end the season with some big results against good teams and real hope for the next 1. Shame we didn’t snatch 7th but the optimism is more important at this stage

The good thing about our squad is that it’s easy to make a vast improvement with just 1 signing
Even if we lost the loan players we’ve got players who can come in for them. If we retain gueye and find a good quality striker there’s no reason we can’t be fighting it out with Chelsea arsenal and Utd next season (all be it as the clear underdog)

August 24, 2019, 07:55:56 PM
Reply #79

KoemansNumberTens

Spending £22m on a prettier Morgan Schneiderlin won’t help our cause if we have aspirations to ever control a game of football.

The brave decision on Gomes would have been to say thanks but no thanks. He really just elegantly does nothing. Decent buy at the price but not really good enough

August 24, 2019, 08:07:46 PM
Reply #80

KoemansNumberTens

I don’t actually think he’s THAT bad a player, he’s just not what we were crying out for.

I think he suffers from playing in a midfield two. You can’t really class Sig as a midfielder as he gives his teammates no assistance whatsoever.

I don’t either. He’s decent but probably no more than that. Plus his limited skill set mains it’s hard to find the players that can play with him

Gomes and sigurdsson together is a nightmare without someone with gueyes defensive numbers.

August 24, 2019, 08:10:40 PM
Reply #81

KoemansNumberTens

I dont see that myself he had more good games last season than he did bad, he's able to retain the ball and pass it,, but due to tactics only sideways or backwards, he was cheap enough and technically already bedded in,, weve took a risk signing gbamin as gana's replacement and we couldnt do the same with gomez,, shame we didnt get dacoure or someone as good to replace i prees fresh air sniders

We can’t just blame the tactics. Gomes had similar issues at Barcelona they aren’t a bad attacking team. He’s limited. Be fine alongside gueye and a quality playmaker. We lost gueye and sigurdsson is hide and seek champion

August 24, 2019, 09:15:25 PM
Reply #82

KoemansNumberTens

You say we cant keep blaming tactics but in the first half we had just 16% play through the middle compared to 43% bernards side and 40% colemans and then in the second half it upped to 21% and 35% bernards and 43% colemans and its the same every game

Maybe we can’t play through the middle cos we’ve a playmaker that hides and 2 others with no bravery in their passing. The players in that midfield are more of a problem than any system

August 24, 2019, 09:47:08 PM
Reply #83

KoemansNumberTens

I think one of the main problems the CM’s have with forward passing is a lack of intelligent movement ahead of them.

It’s a perfect storm of shit. DCL poor movement, Sigurdssons fantastic hiding, Gomes and Morgan’s safety first passing. It’s a horrible combination infinitely worse than the sum of the parts

2 minutes ago
Reply #84

KoemansNumberTens

I think Schneiderlin played okay last night and did his job well, his ball to Coleman for the DCL open goal miss was also very good. I think he's getting a bit of a rough ride cause Gomes was so poor and it's unwarranted

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

He did. The balance of that midfield is still poor on their best day though