August 26, 2019, 03:10:17 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 95625 times)

sam of the south and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 09, 2019, 11:51:32 PM
Reply #105

Lxxx

Pickford is an absolute liability yet has the ability to make the odd great save here and there

If he didn’t look as if he’s one more breath from a heart attack it’d be a shrewd move to bring in big Nev as a kind of mentor for him, if we’ve even got that kind of culture at the club anymore.

March 10, 2019, 02:44:04 PM
Reply #106

Lxxx

He wouldn’t be dropped. He’s still a decent keeper but he needs a strong word in his ear, either from his manager or from an experienced goalkeeping coach, to try and instil some calmness into his game.

He’s erratic but still got a load of potential.

March 10, 2019, 10:18:22 PM
Reply #107

Lxxx

Yesterday was always going to be a game where his temperament was likely to be called into play.

It needed his manager and captain, or another experienced head, to get in his ear all week and before the game to keep a lid on him and calm him down. I’m sure Silva and Sig know all about the rivalry in the north east but do they really understand it? The result was like watching an exciteable puppy prance around, on the highlights reel I saw anyway.

Maybe this is what is lacking at the moment, both managerially and squad-wise. With such a churn over a short space of time there doesn’t seem to be much leadership or backbone running through us at the moment.

April 28, 2019, 04:03:38 AM
Reply #108

Lxxx

Tosun was massively unlucky with that chance tbf

Unlucky or not the end result is still the same. We’re still not clinical enough.

May 04, 2019, 10:07:25 PM
Reply #109

Lxxx

The doubters have gone awfully quiet. Can hear a pin drop.

Doubters which included you at one point I believe.

Every fan had reservations when we went on a horrible run, perfectly natural and normal. Even the chairman had a very public wobble about the current situation at the time.

Nothing to be gained from taking the fickle high ground now it looks like we’ve turned it around. Or maybe there is, depends on your personality.

May 07, 2019, 05:38:38 PM
Reply #110

Lxxx

Walsh was promoted way over his ability and into a situation where there was only one winner.

I'm not excusing his ineptitude but I don't think it was all his fault. Should never have been appointed in the first place and the blame has got to go to Moshiri in this instance.

May 10, 2019, 05:22:58 PM
Reply #111

Lxxx

So the xg shows us we are about on par defensively compared to where we will finish in the table.

Attacking xg shows us what we all know to be our main weakness despite what some might insist on here, which is that we lack a real cutting edge and options up top rather than DCL playing every week. Improving and willing as he is. Richarlison has had another year in his development and Bernard only recently started to come into form in the new setup, all three will be better for this seasons experience.

So plenty to look forward to, especially with another summer of shipping out the ones that aren't good enough and bringing in better quality. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:24:01 PM by Lxxx »

August 24, 2019, 04:27:01 AM
Reply #112

Lxxx

Bore off. Think it's a fair comment. Digne shows how having a top technical full back suits silvas approach.

You could say same about any manager btw. Pep klopp the lot

Buying a decent full back doesn’t somehow make it a tactical mastersyrole.

August 24, 2019, 04:52:09 AM
Reply #113

Lxxx

Spending £22m on a prettier Morgan Schneiderlin won’t help our cause if we have aspirations to ever control a game of football.

August 24, 2019, 07:44:10 PM
Reply #114

Lxxx

Let’s stop making excuses now. He’s paid to find a way of playing that gives us a chance of putting the ball in the opposition net.

Thus far this season in 3 games we have one deflected goal and  not really looked like scoring the rest of the time.

We can’t keep solely blaming DCL for his lack of output.

We’ve got a lot of talented players now. He needs to come up with a way of utilising them effectively, over and above hoofball and repetitive crossing.

August 24, 2019, 07:58:28 PM
Reply #115

Lxxx

The brave decision on Gomes would have been to say thanks but no thanks. He really just elegantly does nothing. Decent buy at the price but not really good enough

I don’t actually think he’s THAT bad a player, he’s just not what we were crying out for.

I think he suffers from playing in a midfield two. You can’t really class Sig as a midfielder as he gives his teammates no assistance whatsoever.