October 24, 2019, 03:46:36 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129514 times)

September 04, 2018, 05:45:16 AM
Read 129514 times

Glory

It's the first season under a new manager. The last four seasons have seen wildly different approaches with little to no stability for the players. What is everyone expecting him to do? Win the League?

I was disappoited by the last game, but I am hardly surprised. It will take time. Maybe even a season. If we get on his back after 10 games then we really are our own worst enemy.

September 19, 2018, 07:14:47 AM
Reply #1

Glory

We're not a fucking top 6 team. Who in their right mind thought we were going to be?

This is a project. People need to get a grip and adjust their expectations.

September 19, 2018, 04:57:03 PM
Reply #2

Glory

My comment wasn't about people expecting us to finish top 6, it was about people expecting us to play like a top 6 side.

6 competitive games in, after fours seasons effectively in the wilderness, and our fanbase are already moaning about zonal marking, shit players, possibility of the manager not seeing the season out.

September 19, 2018, 05:46:47 PM
Reply #3

Glory

No.

We’re trying to deconstruct why we’ve failed to beat West Ham and Huddersfield at home and how Silva can try and rectify what have been two very worrying and poor performances.

What do you want us to do? Just completely ignore the last two results and pretend everything is ok and results will come?
How about analysing it with some context?

September 19, 2018, 05:58:14 PM
Reply #4

Glory

And you think ‘we’re not a top 6 side’ Is that do you
Do I think we're a top 6 side this season? Of corse I don't. Nor am I expectig us to play like one after 4 months with a new manager who has inherited an appaling squad.

September 19, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
Reply #5

Glory

That’s what people are doing.
If that's your opinion then fair enough. My opinion is that a lot of the last few pages hasn't been.

September 19, 2018, 06:27:08 PM
Reply #6

Glory

I think if anyone is guilty of removing context here it’s yourself.
Because I dare to say that 6 games is not enough before people start jumping on results and performances?

November 19, 2018, 06:21:35 AM
Reply #7

Glory

I would be interested to see where we sit in such a metric over the last month or so ratger than the entire season.

It will possibly be the same but I think it's quite obvious that a gameplan is really starting to influence how the side plays.

November 29, 2018, 06:44:01 AM
Reply #8

Glory

While the article makes an interesting point, it's a bloody obvious one. You could also apply the same analysis to a lot of teams, doesn't mean it is a bad thing.

The way I read it, it was almost dismissive of Silva's tactics (not saying they're not open to criticism) and us be wholly reliant on Gueye. Somehow completely ignoring that Silva is using his resources to maximise output, as a manager should. In my opinion if we were to lose Gueye for whatever reason we would adjust the way we play. We're not as rigid as we were under previous managers (particularly Martinez).

However that was purely my interpretation and others could have formed a completely different opinion of the article.

May 10, 2019, 07:53:29 AM
Reply #9

Glory

Wouldn't xg be somewhat redundant to look at near the end of the season?

I would imagine there is a difference from season to season so should we be looking at actuals (in terms of goals scored and conceded) at this stage?