August 19, 2019, 03:06:14 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 93786 times)

September 19, 2018, 03:35:18 PM
Reply #360

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We're not a fucking top 6 team. Who in their right mind thought we were going to be?

This is a project. People need to get a grip and adjust their expectations.

Didn’t see anybody expecting us to be a top six team this season.

I think we all have reasonable expectations, but even those might have to be lowered.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 19, 2018, 03:45:09 PM
Reply #361

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Didn’t see anybody expecting us to be a top six team this season.

I think we all have reasonable expectations, but even those might have to be lowered.

Nobody did, maybe some dangerously deluded loons.

This is just ‘you are all not positive enough like me because I am a gr8 fan’ fluff.

This is a tactics thread not a ‘ffs stop talking about tactics & get behind our brave boys’ thread.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2018, 04:57:03 PM
Reply #362

Glory

My comment wasn't about people expecting us to finish top 6, it was about people expecting us to play like a top 6 side.

6 competitive games in, after fours seasons effectively in the wilderness, and our fanbase are already moaning about zonal marking, shit players, possibility of the manager not seeing the season out.

September 19, 2018, 05:03:42 PM
Reply #363

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My comment wasn't about people expecting us to finish top 6, it was about people expecting us to play like a top 6 side.

6 competitive games in, after fours seasons effectively in the wilderness, and our fanbase are already moaning about zonal marking, shit players, possibility of the manager not seeing the season out.

No.

We’re trying to deconstruct why we’ve failed to beat West Ham and Huddersfield at home and how Silva can try and rectify what have been two very worrying and poor performances.

What do you want us to do? Just completely ignore the last two results and pretend everything is ok and results will come?

September 19, 2018, 05:04:15 PM
Reply #364

Bluedylan

Nobody did, maybe some dangerously deluded loons.

This is just ‘you are all not positive enough like me because I am a gr8 fan’ fluff.

This is a tactics thread not a ‘ffs stop talking about tactics & get behind our brave boys’ thread.

Thought it was just a catch-all thread about the manager (including tactics) tbh. Perfectly reasonable for people to talk about the fans relationship with/expectations of the manager.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 19, 2018, 05:46:47 PM
Reply #365

Glory

No.

We’re trying to deconstruct why we’ve failed to beat West Ham and Huddersfield at home and how Silva can try and rectify what have been two very worrying and poor performances.

What do you want us to do? Just completely ignore the last two results and pretend everything is ok and results will come?
How about analysing it with some context?

September 19, 2018, 05:51:00 PM
Reply #366

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

That’s what people are doing.

September 19, 2018, 05:54:20 PM
Reply #367

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

And you think ‘we’re not a top 6 side’ Is that do you
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2018, 05:55:34 PM
Reply #368

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Don’t think I have seen or heard of anyone anywhere suggesting Silva will not see the season out.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:02:36 PM by Escla »

September 19, 2018, 05:56:10 PM
Reply #369

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do t think I have seen or heard of anyone anywhere suggesting Silva will not see the season out.

I said he might not, to be fair.

September 19, 2018, 05:58:14 PM
Reply #370

Glory

And you think ‘we’re not a top 6 side’ Is that do you
Do I think we're a top 6 side this season? Of corse I don't. Nor am I expectig us to play like one after 4 months with a new manager who has inherited an appaling squad.

September 19, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
Reply #371

Glory

That’s what people are doing.
If that's your opinion then fair enough. My opinion is that a lot of the last few pages hasn't been.

September 19, 2018, 06:03:56 PM
Reply #372

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I said he might not, to be fair.

I was reffering to what Glory said.

September 19, 2018, 06:05:06 PM
Reply #373

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought it was just a catch-all thread about the manager (including tactics) tbh. Perfectly reasonable for people to talk about the fans relationship with/expectations of the manager.

Looks more like you’re talking about the fans relationships with other fans to me.

September 19, 2018, 06:06:16 PM
Reply #374

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was reffering to what Glory said.

Me too sorry, I literally posted ‘he might not last the season’ after West Ham.

A few have took this to mean I think he should go or whatever, glory might be talking about me there.