November 20, 2018, 02:22:52 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 22694 times)

eyesalwaysblue and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 19, 2018, 06:09:46 PM
Reply #375

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If that's your opinion then fair enough. My opinion is that a lot of the last few pages hasn't been.

I think if anyone is guilty of removing context here it’s yourself.

September 19, 2018, 06:27:08 PM
Reply #376

Glory

I think if anyone is guilty of removing context here it’s yourself.
Because I dare to say that 6 games is not enough before people start jumping on results and performances?

September 19, 2018, 06:31:25 PM
Reply #377

Lxxx

As fans, on a fan’s forum, if we’re not analysing the previous weeks game and talking about results, tactics, players, manager, style etc... then what's the point of being on here.

We can appreciate the current situation knowing we need to give it time and still critically appraise where we’re at and the journey we’re on.

Think some people need to reign it in.

September 19, 2018, 06:32:59 PM
Reply #378

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Because I dare to say that 6 games is not enough before people start jumping on results and performances?

No one is jumping on anything.

Again, the context here has been lost by yourself.

Two poor performances and people will question various things about shape, individual performances, team selection, tactics etc.

If you call that jumping on things, or thinking we all expect us to be a top six side then that's your prerogative.

September 19, 2018, 06:34:56 PM
Reply #379

Bluedylan

Me too sorry, I literally posted ‘he might not last the season’ after West Ham.

A few have took this to mean I think he should go or whatever, glory might be talking about me there.

Just to clarify I didn't take it as 'you think he should go'.

Just thought it was a bit silly to even mention it, personally, after the first defeat. But you're entitled to your opinion, obviously.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 19, 2018, 06:36:25 PM
Reply #380

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Just thought it was a bit silly to even mention it, personally, after the first defeat. But you're entitled to your opinion, obviously.

In the current climate though it really isn't that much of a mad shout.

Take a hiding at Arsenal and the daggers from the media will already be out.

September 19, 2018, 06:40:11 PM
Reply #381

Bluedylan

Don't we need to push against 'the current climate' though, and try to be a bit longer term? One of our main problems has been constant upheaval and instability.

The last time we've had relative success has been under the stability of Moyes, and then in Martinez's first season, built on Moyes' foundations.

I'm not saying brap wants him sacked, or is advocating anything like that, but I don't see what even suggesting he might not last the season, based on one defeat could possibly contribute, other than to stress people out.

September 19, 2018, 06:46:55 PM
Reply #382

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Not sure I am actually based on how you’ve been responding to my posts lately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2018, 06:52:08 PM
Reply #383

Bluedylan

Not sure I am actually based on how you’ve been responding to my posts lately.

Course you are. And if I disagree, I hope you don't mind me saying. That's all it is. Me disagreeing. Nothing personal.

September 19, 2018, 06:53:22 PM
Reply #384

Bluenose 91

Touchy on here lately isn't it  lolol

September 19, 2018, 06:56:22 PM
Reply #385

Gash

Global Moderator

Nah, it's a mad shout. Players suspended and injured, team still gelling, we're bound to have bad performances until we get a more settled team playing the way Silva wants us to. Even Moshiri being a bit mental at times knows we can't just keep chasing managers then sacking them as soon as things get a bit ropey, not that they are at the moment anyway.

September 19, 2018, 06:58:18 PM
Reply #386

kramer0

I wish Silva would be a little cagier tactically.

We've done a better job of controlling matches down a man this season. Sitting a little deeper makes us harder to exploit through the middle and we'll always carry a threat because our wingers are so good in space.

Obviously, this sort of thing won't work every match (Huddersfield at home, for instance) but I think we'd see better performances if we were less aggressive at trying to pressure the ball in our opponent's third. We're not built to play so aggressively, especially our midfield.

September 19, 2018, 07:00:28 PM
Reply #387

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, it's a mad shout. Players suspended and injured, team still gelling, we're bound to have bad performances until we get a more settled team playing the way Silva wants us to. Even Moshiri being a bit mental at times knows we can't just keep chasing managers then sacking them as soon as things get a bit ropey, not that they are at the moment anyway.

He didn’t last in the immediate previous season, and yet it’s a mad shout that may not last this.

Wouldn’t have been a mad shout if I’d said it before a ball had been kicked to be honest.

What is the average life span of a mid table prem manager these days? 1.5 seasons maybe?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2018, 07:13:50 PM
Reply #388

Bluenose 91

I wish Silva would be a little cagier tactically.

We've done a better job of controlling matches down a man this season. Sitting a little deeper makes us harder to exploit through the middle and we'll always carry a threat because our wingers are so good in space.

Obviously, this sort of thing won't work every match (Huddersfield at home, for instance) but I think we'd see better performances if we were less aggressive at trying to pressure the ball in our opponent's third. We're not built to play so aggressively, especially our midfield.

Agree with this.

Go a little bit more conservative until he gets more of the players in who can play the style he wants to a good level.

September 19, 2018, 07:16:04 PM
Reply #389

Bluedylan

Agree with this.

Go a little bit more conservative until he gets more of the players in who can play the style he wants to a good level.

Arsenal game should be a decent chance to go more solid, and try to play on the break.