October 15, 2019, 03:15:27 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125532 times)

October 06, 2019, 11:35:36 PM
Reply #150

sam of the south

Has he, who have we got rid of that was on a healthy wage? The only one I can think of are Rooney, the others like Bolasie, Sandro etc are out on loan so we'll still be contributing a fair bit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

There was a quote about it.

Jagielka was hefty, as were Williams, Gana, and McCarthy, plus we shipped out around another 15 players.

Even if we were still paying half the wages of some of the loan players we are still making a saving.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 06, 2019, 11:36:29 PM
Reply #151

sam of the south

It is worrying that our long term highlights now seem to be watching useless players contracts run out.

There’s always someone else to wait for and the replacements aren’t exactly pulling up trees. How many more years of sigurdssons and Coleman’s declines have we got to put up with

Yeah, dreadful business of the past is really hurting us.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 12:34:30 AM
Reply #152

sam of the south

Still.

Tosun, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Keane, Niasse... I dread to think what that lot take out the club every month.

Between £1.5m-£2m a month.

That’s £18m-£24m per year.

Absolute madness.
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 12:40:42 AM
Reply #153

sam of the south

The league hasn’t been this mediocre for years, and we are in the bottom 3, whilst those bastards are 8 points clear at the top. What a time to be alive.
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 12:54:36 AM
Reply #154

sam of the south

How long is his contract ? What’s the cost of paying him off ?

Cost of not paying him off could be relegation
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:05:07 AM by sam of the south »
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 01:07:13 AM
Reply #155

sam of the south

Wonder which of the pundits will be first to say “they’re too good to be relegated” ...or ..will anybody say it this time round ?

When it comes to the quality of our individual players we shouldn’t be in much danger at all, but if he stays on I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bottom going into 2020.
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 01:52:03 AM
Reply #156

sam of the south

Dogs of War saying meeting about silva next week. Definitely staying for the west ham game.

Great
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 05:38:37 PM
Reply #157

sam of the south

Doesn't this essentially mean we're toothless?

It means we’re uncreative if xg gives us only draws against the mediocre to poor sides we’ve played so far.

It means we’re also toothless, yes, and shaky, and a bit porous.
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 05:44:10 PM
Reply #158

sam of the south

That's a pretty decent combination all round then!!!

Yeah, we’re living the dream! 🙆🏼‍♂️
Henry David Thoreau

October 07, 2019, 08:20:35 PM
Reply #159

sam of the south

But of all the players you listed I doubt they even scored combined as  many as what Kane got on his own last season, so have we really got the players to score us goals and play that formation?

It’s irrelevant if we continue to have an enormous gap between our two DM’s and number 10, we won’t create enough GOOD or varied chances for the likes of Richarlison, because the opposition knows we will just work it out to Digne on the left to sling a cross in.
Henry David Thoreau

October 08, 2019, 05:15:11 PM
Reply #160

sam of the south

https://twitter.com/DAHughes_/status/1181452327678599169

Absolutely mad that he hasn't been able to spot or correct this glaring issue in 2 years.

Based on evidence like this I think he will be gone after the West Ham game if we lose

Too proud to change it
Henry David Thoreau

October 09, 2019, 05:24:01 PM
Reply #161

sam of the south

If Delph is fit :

Pickford

Sidibie Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Delph Iwobi

Richarlison Kean Bernard
If Delph is not fit :

Pickford

Sidibie Keane Mina Digne

Davies Gomes Iwobi

Richarlison Kean Bernard

Gomes is horrible defensively so in this one you are relying on us controlling the ball a lot and tactically fouling as soon as they break, but both of these sides would give us more between the lines, more movement and more options on the fly.

Absolutely.

Gbamin for Delph if he recovers properly.
Henry David Thoreau

October 10, 2019, 03:15:54 AM
Reply #162

sam of the south

Really good thread on our press. Can see why we need gbamin back ASAP.  If to clone Gueye.

https://twitter.com/cam_meighan/status/1181997772268019712?s=19

So, Schneiderlin is lazy, Sigurdsson is slow, Richarlison is too rash, and Gbamim is going to have to get a bionic leg.
Henry David Thoreau

October 13, 2019, 02:15:29 AM
Reply #163

sam of the south

Im still gutted about barkley to be honest,, i would love to see him in middle of our midfield a player who is actually capable of passing the ball forwards although i cant see why our mids dont actually do that anyway bar tactically,,,another player weve not replaced

Yeah, we really haven’t replaced him.

Not only did he get into double figures for goals and assists that season, but he was also constantly involved, and he always looked to play positively, before his confidence dissipated.
Henry David Thoreau