October 15, 2019, 03:34:39 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125546 times)

October 07, 2019, 12:15:59 AM
Reply #300

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes we have had a terrible start, but look at the results this weekend to get some perspective. Spurs lost 3-0 at Brighton, City lost 2-0 at home to Wolves, Newcastle are beating United, West Ham lost at home to Palace. All might be considered shocks, we are not the only team struggling for form.

Sorry if people think I am clutching at straws, but sometimes we do need to step back and look at the wider picture. This league gets stronger by the year, and I haven't ever seen it so competitive (excluding Liverpool and City).

The next 2 league games are absolutely huge for Silva and I believe it will make or break his career with us. West Ham at home is a must win now for him, and he also needs something at Brighton, which will be extremely difficult, otherwise I fear he won't be with us for much longer.

Doesn't matter if he wins the next two. The problems we are seeing now, have been present since day one.

It's time to accept that this is just who he is. This is just what we're like under him. Sometimes it will go our way, sometimes it won't.

Can't break down a team with a set defence, open on the break, open to set pieces, reliant on crosses and corners for chances.

It is shite football and he's out stayed his welcome, we are wasting valuable time. Every day longer is a blot on Brands' copybook in my opinion.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2019, 01:23:42 AM
Reply #301

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Said this elsewhere but firstly we will fly up the table once we get sorted with another coach. Even playing as poorly as we are, we should have more points than we have and we have plenty of individual quality.

But secondly I have to say, if we don't put some real points on the board before December then we are going to start sweating. If we are anywhere near the bottom 3 going into December you could see the sort of panicked free fall that kills you and leaves you looking at a huge mountain to climb.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2019, 01:48:28 AM
Reply #302

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dogs of War saying meeting about silva next week. Definitely staying for the west ham game.

October 07, 2019, 02:05:03 AM
Reply #303

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dogs of war ?
Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

some supposedly ITK twitter account. One of them isn't it, probably BS

October 07, 2019, 03:02:06 AM
Reply #304

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers brap, dont understand twitter
Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Better off out of it mate. Not a force for good in my opinion.

October 08, 2019, 05:42:25 AM
Reply #305

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's never going to happen this drop Sigurdsson deeper thing.

He could have tried it last year, pre season or this season, he won't do it save sometimes in the final 10 mins of a game for some reason.

It's never going to happen and I'll be honest with you, I don't think 433 will either.

When Gbamin is back it will be Gomes and Gbamin in the middle and he'll hope Gbamin can cover enough ground to do Gueyes job and that's that.

October 08, 2019, 05:40:20 PM
Reply #306

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/DAHughes_/status/1181452327678599169

Absolutely mad that he hasn't been able to spot or correct this glaring issue in 2 years.

Based on evidence like this I think he will be gone after the West Ham game if we lose

He did sort it end of last year... But now teams have changed it up slightly he is taking an age to sort it again.

I really wish it wasn't like this but it is. He's done.

October 08, 2019, 05:50:49 PM
Reply #307

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder how Richarlison would react to him leaving.

He's gone when silva goes, I think if he has a good year 10+ goals we can sell at a healthy profit in the summer.

Really need him to have another good year though.

October 09, 2019, 03:24:03 AM
Reply #308

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't like that myself. Don't like us singing sacked in the morning etc either.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:52:35 PM by brap2 »

October 09, 2019, 01:55:44 PM
Reply #309

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If Delph is fit :

Pickford

Sidibie Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Delph Iwobi

Richarlison Kean Bernard
If Delph is not fit :

Pickford

Sidibie Keane Mina Digne

Davies Gomes Iwobi

Richarlison Kean Bernard

Gomes is horrible defensively so in this one you are relying on us controlling the ball a lot and tactically fouling as soon as they break, but both of these sides would give us more between the lines, more movement and more options on the fly.

October 10, 2019, 03:01:24 AM
Reply #310

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really good thread on our press. Can see why we need gbamin back ASAP.  If to clone Gueye.

https://twitter.com/cam_meighan/status/1181997772268019712?s=19

October 12, 2019, 11:17:14 PM
Reply #311

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Open play expected assists.

One Everton player in the top 20, Digne.

Barkley and Deulofeu miles ahead of anyone we have in midfield  :'(