August 24, 2019, 01:17:13 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 94261 times)

November 05, 2018, 02:33:37 AM
Reply #465

Ross

#moshiriout

No.

Better governance and take this serious otherwise we’ll end up in trouble.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 05, 2018, 02:44:34 AM
Reply #466

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not a great idea sacking somebody without having a replacement lined up nevermind alternatives. There’s a World of difference between Silva and Allardyce and plenty of other options in between.

What would have happened if Watford hadn’t have sacked Silva?

Are you really suggesting there was nobody else between Allardyce and Silva?

If he was such a short term strategy and given the money he’s been paid and paid off with Moshiri made him the highest paid football manager in the world for 6 months work.

It’s mind blowing madness especially considering we were and are still paying Koeman.

I’m very critical of the club in general but I find it hard to even understand exactly what you are suggesting here, let alone believe it.

Club knew who they wanted, right or wrong, and someone was going to have to accept a short term contract, or take a shafting.

If there’s one man in football happy to take a wad of doh and not mind getting a big egg in the face for the honour it’s Sam.

It was a bit crude but frankly I think all sides played a blinder and got what they all wanted.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2018, 02:50:16 AM
Reply #467

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's really obvious what happened with the benefit of hindsight.  They wanted Silva, couldn't get him and Allardyce had us by the balls as things deteriorated in the meantime.  There was no point in looking for another long term manager at this stage because they were clearly going to get Silva in the summer otherwise, his sacking was irrelevant.  Allardyce and his bloated contract was a necessary evil in the circumstances.

It wasn't pretty, and it certainly wasn't cheap.  But in the circumstances you can see how it ended up that way and you're missing the point somewhat if you're questioning why we didn't go for someone else instead of Allardyce once we couldn't get Silva.

November 05, 2018, 03:12:21 AM
Reply #468

Ross

I’m very critical of the club in general but I find it hard to even understand exactly what you are suggesting here, let alone believe it.

Club knew who they wanted, right or wrong, and someone was going to have to accept a short term contract, or take a shafting.

If there’s one man in football happy to take a wad of doh and not mind getting a big egg in the face for the honour it’s Sam.

It was a bit crude but frankly I think all sides played a blinder and got what they all wanted.

If Silva hadn’t have been sacked by Watford, who plainly didn’t want to deal with us after turning down a record compensation package, what was the alternative? Keep Allardyce for another year?

I’m happy Silvas here, I’ve always liked to see us playing attacking football the type his teams play. But I’m sure you’ll agree they’re polar opposites as manager and the idea we made him the highest paid manager in the world ever and then gave him £50m to spend for a six month job doesn’t fit for me. Looks like terrible planning whichever way you look at it, especially considering Silva doesn’t really fancy Tosun and Walcott pushing on like you’ve said yourself.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 05, 2018, 03:41:09 AM
Reply #469

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
If Silva hadn’t have been sacked by Watford, who plainly didn’t want to deal with us after turning down a record compensation package, what was the alternative? Keep Allardyce for another year?

I’m happy Silvas here, I’ve always liked to see us playing attacking football the type his teams play. But I’m sure you’ll agree they’re polar opposites as manager and the idea we made him the highest paid manager in the world ever and then gave him £50m to spend for a six month job doesn’t fit for me. Looks like terrible planning whichever way you look at it, especially considering Silva doesn’t really fancy Tosun and Walcott pushing on like you’ve said yourself.

We would have got him in the summer.  Yes they played hardball mid-season but there's no way it wouldn't have happened in the summer if he'd continued to make it clear he wanted to leave.  We didn't get lucky that he was sacked, it was an irrelevance.

November 05, 2018, 04:57:22 AM
Reply #470

Ramjam

Any news on the legal action or tribunal that Watford was harping on about, that’s all gone a bit silent
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 05, 2018, 12:52:05 PM
Reply #471

Ramjam

I’ve just watched Silva’s post match interview and ill tell you what, this guy grows on me every time I here him speak, we have a great manager and a great guy on board with us here and I’m fuckin loving it. this man is fantastic for our club, go on Marco lad
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 05, 2018, 08:55:02 PM
Reply #472

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Didn't you bring up that "extra year" of Allardyce's contract as a reason it *wasn't* a 6-month hire to begin with?
And now you're using it as a ludicrous alternative that couldn't possibly happen.

Clearly, if Silva had not been fired when he was and was unable to extract himself from his contract during summer '18, then we would have started the season with Allardyce and waited it out.

November 05, 2018, 10:55:11 PM
Reply #473

Ross

Didn't you bring up that "extra year" of Allardyce's contract as a reason it *wasn't* a 6-month hire to begin with?
And now you're using it as a ludicrous alternative that couldn't possibly happen.

Clearly, if Silva had not been fired when he was and was unable to extract himself from his contract during summer '18, then we would have started the season with Allardyce and waited it out.

How can you say keeping Allardyce for his full contract is a “ludicrous alternative and couldn’t possibly happen” and then in the next sentence say we’d have kept Allardyce for the following season?

November 05, 2018, 11:00:14 PM
Reply #474

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
How can you say keeping Allardyce for his full contract is a “ludicrous alternative and couldn’t possibly happen” and then in the next sentence say we’d have kept Allardyce for the following season?

You can't. I wasn't saying that, i was saying that you have said that and was pointing to how your contrary nature has tied your argument in knots:

So we just gave him the extra year of his contract as a bonus then?
Or should that be an added bonus on top of his £2m bonus for recusing us from 11th that is.
This is clearly arguing that Allardyce was given a contract that was legit and intended for it's full term. It is clear that you were disagreeing with @BlueForYou 's suggestion it wasn't a long term solution.

Whereas here:
You are disagreeing in a manner that suggests you feel keeping Allardyce on for another year is ludicrous.

It can't be both ways.
Moshiri, however, did know what he was doing, and covered his bases with Allardyce.

November 05, 2018, 11:17:39 PM
Reply #475

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
You can't. I wasn't saying that, i was saying that you have said that and was pointing to how your contrary nature has tied your argument in knots:
This is clearly arguing that Allardyce was given a contract that was legit and intended for it's full term. It is clear that you were disagreeing with @BlueForYou 's suggestion it wasn't a long term solution.

Whereas here:You are disagreeing in a manner that suggests you feel keeping Allardyce on for another year is ludicrous.

It can't be both ways.
Moshiri, however, did know what he was doing, and covered his bases with Allardyce.

He just says things to wind people up, best ignore him really.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 05, 2018, 11:23:41 PM
Reply #476

Ross

Whereas here:You are disagreeing in a manner that suggests you feel keeping Allardyce on for another year is ludicrous.

It can't be both ways.

I’m not disagreeing with anything there Mick I’m asking a question.

I refuse to believe that any sane person would give Allardyce £6m just for the hell of it. Circumstances changed when Silva got the sack obviously and they made new plans according. But to tie him down to a deal knowing you’d no intention of him seeing that out and it’d cost you a significant amount of money to terminate would be sheer madness.

If we couldn’t have got Silva in this summer do you or don’t you think Allardyce would still be our manager?

November 05, 2018, 11:39:52 PM
Reply #477

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously not
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2018, 11:40:02 PM
Reply #478

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce would have been our manager until Silva was available. That was always plan A, from the moment we approached Allardyce at least.

No way of telling if it would be summer 18 or summer 19. So the 18 month contract covered both those bases

November 06, 2018, 12:15:44 AM
Reply #479

gizzblue

Can we now stop sullying this thread with talk of the dark days of the unmentionable rotund one before Silva and Brands dragged us kicking and screaming to become a team again .

Born not made a blue .