October 15, 2019, 03:28:11 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125537 times)

September 17, 2019, 01:27:56 AM
Reply #45

stirlingblue

It’s all getting a bit depressing in here, so let’s try and cheer things up a bit.

If you swap Villa for Fulham we’re 4 points better off than we were last season in the same five fixtures.

September 18, 2019, 04:06:48 AM
Reply #46

stirlingblue

My main issue with Silva is that he’s been here for a while now and I’m still not sure what he’s actually trying to do.

He made a career of 4-3-3 but has now dropped that in favour of a 4-2-3-1 that plays closer to a 4-2-4, is that what the long term plan is?

September 22, 2019, 12:47:12 PM
Reply #47

stirlingblue

He's got 3/4 games before I make a decision on it I want him to stay or go.

In his defence, he stated all window he wanted a CB. He wasn't given one. Left with 2 defenders who can't play together. Same with the Rom issue aswell. Since he went, season after season managers have said we needed a replacement and it never came. I know it's very mush a grasp at straws but I honestly don't think there's many who can come in and sort this team.

He also insisted on an experienced PL centre back in a window where they were being quoted at ridiculous prices.

September 22, 2019, 07:25:37 PM
Reply #48

stirlingblue

Did he?

It’s what the papers were reporting, whether it’s true I don’t know for sure but every defender we were linked with had played in the PL

September 23, 2019, 01:29:21 PM
Reply #49

stirlingblue

It’s always going to be a hard ask to have us push the top 6 consistently, but as a few posters have pointed out we have a new stadium to fill and if we can’t fill it by European football then we should at least try to be entertaining.

From a neutral perspective our games are pretty boring to watch, would love to see some attacking, entertaining football.

People knock Eddie Howe because he teams are good for getting pumped every now and again but they’re a massively more fun watch than the dross we serve up, and isn’t that the point?

September 28, 2019, 02:57:05 AM
Reply #50

stirlingblue

Fun  fact:
IF Everton win their next three League matches Silva will have gained 1 league point more than Koeman had when he was sacked. (Same number of games played).

That’s ducking depressing as we’re probably looking at 3-6 points maximum

September 29, 2019, 06:29:19 PM
Reply #51

stirlingblue

Thing is, we’ve probably got 25-30 games a season where we’re expected to impose our game on the opposition who’ll be sitting back, and he doesn’t seem like he has a plan for those.

We’ll probably get better results against the Top 6 than we used to, but that’s not progress if we can’t beat the dregs of the league.

September 30, 2019, 04:45:55 PM
Reply #52

stirlingblue

Vardy with 14 goals in 17 games since Rodgers came in. Obviously a lot of credit goes to Rodgers for rejuvenating him, but it's so important to have a top striker. You score first, you win 69% of your games.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

They have the third most points in the league since Rogers arrived.

The mans a bit of a twit but obviously a good manager

October 06, 2019, 01:36:30 PM
Reply #53

stirlingblue

The only upside to this shite season is the memes

October 06, 2019, 06:50:26 PM
Reply #54

stirlingblue

Other than us all complaining on here is there anything rumoured about Moshiri/Brands etc wanting rid of him