September 17, 2019, 08:26:16 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 102151 times)

TheRam, Juanito, brap2, KoemansNumberTens, Waltzer, Audrey Horne and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 15, 2019, 10:37:45 PM
Reply #120

Lxxx

We've all known Coleman, Keane, Schneiderlin and Sig aren't what we need for a long time. The fact they're all still here and even all on the pitch at the same time either disproves the great job Brands has done so far or questions the managers selection and tactics. Or both. It's open for discussion anyway.

September 15, 2019, 10:52:06 PM
Reply #121

Lxxx

I'd be thinking about binning off football at the moment for skateboarding if I was Davies.

September 15, 2019, 11:01:04 PM
Reply #122

Lxxx

Coleman: Well, Brands got Sidibe in, so we’ll see if Silva has the confidence to try him and let him find his feet.

Keane: Strong rumours suggest that Silva, worryingly, insisted that any new CB had EPL experience. Any CB’s within our reach that aren’t overpriced in this league are pretty mediocre.

Schneiderlin: As average as he is, we’ve still got him, and with Gbamin injured, Gomes injured, Delph likely to get injured, and Gana departed, it might not be a bad thing. Plus, who’s gonna take on those ridiculous wages?

Sigurdsson: Any team that could afford his fee and wages wouldn’t want him. I do feel that if they didn’t fancy Vlasic, they should’ve got another young number 10 in, although maybe that’s Iwobi. I just hope Silva gives him a go.

When playing four of your weakest players weakens your chance of staying in your job you find a way around it. Or attempt to.

September 16, 2019, 01:29:04 AM
Reply #123

Lxxx

Zouma made Keane play well. Some partnerships bring the best out of each other.

I don’t think Keane/Mina is one of those.

September 16, 2019, 03:42:28 AM
Reply #124

Lxxx

Got to find a way to start playing the ball through the middle. There’s only so many teams playing crosses and cutbacks work against. We’re playing right into CB’s hands with floated crosses, just to be cleared then repeating the process until we inevitably lose the ball and give teams chances in good areas.

Got to find ways how to get the striker running onto balls against he keeper.

This isn’t a new problem though. It’s been clear for a long time but we still persevere with the same formation and selection.

September 16, 2019, 12:40:03 PM
Reply #125

Lxxx

Gana really did keep him in a job last season.

He now hasn’t a clue how to adapt. Painful to watch.

September 16, 2019, 03:54:30 PM
Reply #126

Lxxx

Good players tend to keep managers in jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Thanks. I’ve just said that.

September 16, 2019, 07:13:01 PM
Reply #127

Lxxx

I think it's very early days to be making lots of these calls. The team has gone through significant change again this summer, and we saw how that means time to gel. We've got an exceptionally strong home record to build on, a strong (albeit recently shaky) defensive platform and have added some quality in the players we've signed. Yes the 2 away defeats are poor, and we need to be winning those games if we're to push on for top 6, but like I say, we need time to gel.

Silva proved he could look at an issue and come up with a solution when we were shipping set piece goals last season. So let's see if he can solve this issue too.

What are we actually waiting on to gel? We've not got a new system. We've not got a new style of play, or any new tactics. The back four were all here last year. The two new midfield additions have both been out injured and the new kid up top hasn't had that many minutes either. It looks like the 'significant change' you refer to is just attempting to play the same way but with an inferior player in place of Gana.

So far it's not been good enough, full stop. Let's just say it as it is and not try to overplay the mitigating factors.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:14:09 PM by Lxxx »