October 22, 2019, 01:12:20 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129002 times)

November 25, 2018, 08:00:02 PM
Reply #585

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Still want Kenny in for Coleman.

The right side in general is weird. Should work really well but is very hit and miss. I think it's clear Coleman is rated by Silva though, Same goes for Walcott

November 25, 2018, 08:06:59 PM
Reply #586

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need to revamp the right hand side of the team over time.

When Gana drifts out to the right, and it ends up being a triangle of Coleman-Gana-Walcott, it looks fucking awful. Three players who play in straight lines, and have no subtlety to their game at all.

*coughs politely*

The right side in general is weird. Should work really well but is very hit and miss. I think it's clear Coleman is rated by Silva though, Same goes for Walcott

It’s clear we don’t have a premier league level alternative, yes.

Disappointed Lookman still isn’t starting over Walcott but I can sooooort of understand it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2018, 08:09:54 PM
Reply #587

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, just think with Kenny you have more quality in the final 3rd without having too much of a drop in quality defensively.

Coleman was very lucky not to give away another penalty yesterday.

Then again, Kenny can throw in a shocker every now and then.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 25, 2018, 08:16:22 PM
Reply #588

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, just think with Kenny you have more quality in the final 3rd without having too much of a drop in quality defensively.

Coleman was very lucky not to give away another penalty yesterday.

Then again, Kenny can throw in a shocker every now and then.

I think Coleman is off form which doesn't help and if he doesn't return to it there's a real issue there. Kenny will give a 6 out of. 10 every week but it's whether we want stability there or the possibility of a game winning performance which Coleman has in the tank.

November 25, 2018, 08:17:34 PM
Reply #589

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
*coughs politely*

It’s clear we don’t have a premier league level alternative, yes.

Disappointed Lookman still isn’t starting over Walcott but I can sooooort of understand it.

Watching Lookman again yesterday he's great with the ball at his feet but his passing is often really poor so I can see why Walcott is the safer option.

November 25, 2018, 08:41:46 PM
Reply #590

eyesalwaysblue

Passing accuracy comes with games, Lookman should be in for the "occasional" Walcott, it would pay off for him to be starting.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 25, 2018, 09:04:19 PM
Reply #591

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman is explosive and exciting, but in terms of his contribution to the team across 90 minutes - in areas like passing, tracking back, covering the RB etc - it wouldn't surprise me if Silva isn't seeing enough in training to warrant starting him vs have him cause all sorts of problems as a super-sub off the bench as needed.

Bit of a similar situation to Deulofeu - for me he was usually best for us when coming off the bench.

November 25, 2018, 09:32:51 PM
Reply #592

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We need to revamp the right hand side of the team over time.

When Gana drifts out to the right, and it ends up being a triangle of Coleman-Gana-Walcott, it looks fucking awful. Three players who play in straight lines, and have no subtlety to their game at all.

Its not quite the old Hibbert-Neville-Osman triangle of doom, but it is a definite step down in quality to the other side.

November 25, 2018, 09:40:52 PM
Reply #593

Dr. Sponge

Its not quite the old Hibbert-Neville-Osman triangle of doom, but it is a definite step down in quality to the other side.

Osman was tidy with the ball. Go for Cahill instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 26, 2018, 12:06:35 AM
Reply #594

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Osman was tidy with the ball. Go for Cahill instead.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cahill wasnt used as a right midfielder.  Osman on thw wing with no pace, and Hibbert behind and Neville inside was just a creative vacuum.

November 27, 2018, 04:22:19 AM
Reply #595

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

This is cool. You see a side of silva we haven’t seen yet in the last minute of this clip.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 27, 2018, 09:42:03 AM
Reply #596

arteta4spain

This is cool. You see a side of silva we haven't seen yet in the last minute of this clip.
That was great from Silva. He’s really really winning me over and I’m all aboard the Silva train. He seems nothing like Martinez and I can see him really taking us places.
He comes across lovely there with the kids. Love it! :-)

November 27, 2018, 01:55:05 PM
Reply #597

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/idrissa-gueye-powers-evertons-surprising-defense/

Very interesting piece, Gueye’s incredible ball winning is powering us at the moment and allowing silva’s ‘everyone up’ ethos to work better than it has elsewhere in the prem.

Interesting that we’re 11th for expected goals per game, and 11th for passes, but we are managing to make a lot of shots despite the fact we don’t really have a serious striker.

In general the article portraits an interesting picture that doesn’t really match the current feeling. We are pretty good at the moment and we deserve to be where we are, and silva has found a way to make it work that relies on one super-powered Kante-like midfielder charging about winning the ball whenever he goes anywhere near it - but up top we are taking quite a few shite shots until we squeak one in.

An injury to gueye, or a dip in finishing, and we may well struggle however.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:56:53 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 28, 2018, 09:39:19 PM
Reply #598

Bluedylan

Dominic King saying Silva's 'especially keen' on signing Zivkovic from Benfica.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 28, 2018, 10:52:46 PM
Reply #599

D15TIN

https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/idrissa-gueye-powers-evertons-surprising-defense/

Very interesting piece, Gueye’s incredible ball winning is powering us at the moment and allowing silva’s ‘everyone up’ ethos to work better than it has elsewhere in the prem.

Interesting that we’re 11th for expected goals per game, and 11th for passes, but we are managing to make a lot of shots despite the fact we don’t really have a serious striker.

In general the article portraits an interesting picture that doesn’t really match the current feeling. We are pretty good at the moment and we deserve to be where we are, and silva has found a way to make it work that relies on one super-powered Kante-like midfielder charging about winning the ball whenever he goes anywhere near it - but up top we are taking quite a few shite shots until we squeak one in.

An injury to gueye, or a dip in finishing, and we may well struggle however.
He's essential to how we play definitely

We probably need 2/3 signings in Jan to maintain our position/better it, as you say 1 injury to gana.. or Sigurdsson or gomes would have a big effect on how we play