September 20, 2019, 04:26:35 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 104104 times)

September 16, 2019, 06:17:40 PM
Reply #255

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Silva out graffiti on the side of the ground apparently
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2019, 11:41:46 PM
Reply #256

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some fella on twitter reckons silva was a hairs breadth away last season, but the derby performance and form afterwards earned him a stay. Reckons a deal was worked out with his successor, and hinted at a ginger fella... 

Moyes? Dyche? Koeman back?!

I'd keep silva over any of that tbh.

I personally reckon he *might* go this year.. I'd personally wait til. Tuchel gets binbagged by PSG, but I reckon Moshiri would go for Howe you know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2019, 12:39:01 AM
Reply #257

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Struggling to be arsed tbh.

He keeps playing exactly the same set up and just rotating players, just like he did last year. Would like to see a bit of adaptation and flexibility tbh, and away from home he needs to find a way of having a bit of control on the game, these shoot outs relying on individual quality to win out arent taking us anywhere fast.

September 17, 2019, 12:51:23 AM
Reply #258

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's got to be more than coincidence that apart from a two year spell with basically the same team thirty odd years ago we haven't found one top manager.

Moyes was a top manager

September 17, 2019, 03:33:14 AM
Reply #259

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you really? Personally I don’t give a fuck how much we sale players for, I’m only interested in watching the best team possible. We sold Lukaku for 80ish million and spent a large chunk of that and got nothing to date, i know what I’d rather have now and it wouldn’t be the money. it’s all good selling players, but it’s another to bring in adequate replacements to push up the table

Yeah and while we've done one we've never quite done the second bit. I guess that's what Brands is for.

Really short sighted view to say you aren't arsed about getting value for players but... I can understand that it isnt what jazzes you up about football of course. We just want a good weekend and to come away from the game not getting shit rubbed in our faces which unfortunately isn't always the case.

You'd think however that if any fan base should truly understand the damage that can be done by not building the squad effectively and at the right pace, how much damage can be done to the club.

September 17, 2019, 04:13:48 AM
Reply #260

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone still wondering why we went in for Doucoure? Crying out for midfield presence.

And without a striker, we’re pissing in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He's shite an all tho!

Why are we only scouring players in the prem!

Altho that was clearly a Silva demand like.

September 17, 2019, 08:10:14 PM
Reply #261

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair we did compete. Fairly even game for all the wham about Bournemouths style of play etc.

It was standard silva - shoot out relying on quality and errors, we make the errors we lose, we have a bit more quality we win etc.

No control over the game, despite having lots of the ball we don't create much and are wide open on the break. Another like villa where if you play it again 100 times we win 33 lose 33 draw 33 or whatever.

Edit - same goes for the ones weve won an all to be fair.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:13:57 PM by brap2 »

September 17, 2019, 08:22:08 PM
Reply #262

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So his tactic is to just have better players and hope we don’t make errors. Surely if we pay more for better players we should pay enough for a manager who’s tactics are more than just that

Well, it's my simplistic view of him yeah, and it's on silva to show he's more than that imo. Not just put his hand out and say "Doucoure" in January.

September 18, 2019, 11:46:36 PM
Reply #263

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Has never come back to win a game in the league, phwoar that's a stinker that.