August 22, 2019, 11:05:46 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 94166 times)

December 03, 2018, 03:44:51 AM
Reply #615

Dr. Sponge

Bernard has lacked composure in a few games against the top sides, but he’ll come good. Walcott is the one that needs rotating, he’s been poor to average all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 03, 2018, 04:06:08 AM
Reply #616

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Weird that Walcott always gets a chance but Bernard always looks better over the course of a match. Regardless I reckon Lookman has earned a shot over either one at the moment

December 03, 2018, 08:13:25 PM
Reply #617

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Weird that Walcott always gets a chance but Bernard always looks better over the course of a match. Regardless I reckon Lookman has earned a shot over either one at the moment

Thought he looked more composed and 'meaty' on the ball than Walcott when he came on
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 04, 2018, 12:15:59 AM
Reply #618

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he looked more composed and 'meaty' on the ball than Walcott when he came on

Yeah one of Lookmans better cameos. Wouldn't mind seeing him against Newcastle

December 04, 2018, 12:38:01 AM
Reply #619

Cozzie

I also think we need to end the Richarlison upfront chapter.

It hasn't exactly "failed" as such but he is our most effective player and we aren't getting enough out of him.

I know many don't rate Tosun but he is a finisher, he will do just fine in my opinion until Jan.

Richarlison is more effective on the left cutting in.

I'd start Tosun upfront and bring Lookman in for Theo. Give Bernard a rest as well.

December 04, 2018, 12:48:20 AM
Reply #620

eyesalwaysblue

Think Bernard needs to keep his spot he's getting fitter and better each game..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 06, 2018, 03:08:31 PM
Reply #621

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Changed my mind on Theo. We need players who run beyond and he makes better runs than anyone else. Worth having in the side for that alone, despite how disappointing he’s been when in the good positions lately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2018, 03:18:02 PM
Reply #622

Waltzer

I think the latest set of results emphasises that you're only as good as your strikers. I think we are about right, however, if we had a Kane, Aguero, Salah even Lukaku etc we'd be in the top 4 as we dominate enough games. I know we arent going to go out and get someone like those mentioned but even if we could get someone like Lacazette I think we'd be much better off points wise

December 06, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
Reply #623

Lxxx

Changed my mind on Theo. We need players who run beyond and he makes better runs than anyone else. Worth having in the side for that alone, despite how disappointing he’s been when in the good positions lately.

It's no use getting in those positions if you constantly fail to produce. Last night he was clean through on goal from Pickford's pass but he looked as if someone had tied his shoelaces together, not for the first time, and the chance was gone. His inability to get a football under control is poor for someone with his experience. 

December 06, 2018, 04:04:29 PM
Reply #624

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott over lookman for me all day.

Still struggling to see what lookman gives to this side at the moment.

Looks totally not arsed and takes up strange positions.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 06, 2018, 04:08:04 PM
Reply #625

Lxxx

I think we need to persevere with Lookman, give him games, time and encouragement. Theo is yesterday's man, there is no upside to consistently playing a winger who fails to produce and is getting older. Lookman has bags of potential but he doesn't have much game intelligence, which can only come with experience, if it comes.

December 06, 2018, 04:34:43 PM
Reply #626

sam of the south

Lookman seems convinced that he’s a roaming, free role forward in the Messi mould.

He isn’t.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 06, 2018, 05:21:40 PM
Reply #627

Lxxx

Lookman seems convinced that he’s a roaming, free role forward in the Messi mould.

He isn’t.

If he's been watching Raheem Sterling and thinks he can try and model his game on him then he first needs to learn the basics before he can progress to that style of play.

December 06, 2018, 05:26:47 PM
Reply #628

sam of the south

If he's been watching Raheem Sterling and thinks he can try and model his game on him then he first needs to learn the basics before he can progress to that style of play.

Indeed
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 06, 2018, 05:27:26 PM
Reply #629

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I do get excited about the raw ability of Lookman, but then again I also notice when he goes missing, doesnt track back, fucks up a tackle, is regularly out of position, etc. Then I look at Walcott and think, that pace is scary, its keeping their full backs in their own half, nice tracking back, good reading of the game, etc. Its a tough one. I think at the end of the day, we will have to offer him bit part games, on big wages, and if hes not happy with that, then we should cash in on him, as currently Walcott is the better option overall. Be nice to have both, but its not going to happen. The priority, after securing Gomes ;) is a scary, goal scoring forward. Hopefully a VERY good one.