My thoughts from last night:
- Gana does his job so well at times, and then others he just becomes a massive liability. I think his first 3 or 4 touches last night were balls given straight to the opponents. Doucoure also nullified Gomes brilliantly for most of the game, so in effect we had no Central Midfield.
- Walcott reminds me so much of myself playing Fifa; run, run, run, run, lose the ball. So infuriating, and he is not justifying his (what I imagine is a) sizeable wage.
- Richarlison is trying hard up front on his own, and still scoring, but he is not the answer up top. Bullied badly all night after his goal, and you could see his head drop once Cabasele starting banging into him every time he went near him. Move him back to the left and move Bernard onto the right.
- Tosun looks like the 2nd coming of (second season) Jelavic. The ball looks like an alien concept to him. Until we sign a striker in January who can hold the ball up, I think we will struggle.
- Coleman tried hard, but is definitely on the slide now. RB is another area we need to look at strengthening in January/June.
- I really hope Silva manages to change the culture of the team even more; the first half we looked pretty decent, but once we scored we did what we always do; sat back and allowed them to come onto us. Infuriates me, we do this all the fucking time whenever we take the lead. Try attacking and going for a 2nd or 3rd. Whether this is a hangover from Allardyce and Koeman, I don't know. All I know is that this mental state will hold us back until we change it.