September 20, 2019, 09:15:41 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 104176 times)

February 13, 2019, 11:39:40 PM
Reply #60

Martip

Sure, you can. The midfield looks entirely different with Davies in the team, giving the other midfielders another option off the ball.
Personally I think people are over egging what Tom has brought to the table mainly as their frustration in Sig has come to the boil. From what I've seen he's a busy little player but certainly shouldn't be in the side over Sig....I know others disagree but I've not seen the shining light over the last 3 losses.

While we are on the subject of Tom, although I 've nothing against the lad,  I 've got to say I'm not a big fan of giving the captaincy to a youngster who has yet to hold down a first team spot. Feels like we have given the privledge  away too cheaply and it really should be earned by performances on the pitch.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:49:23 PM by Martip »

February 24, 2019, 01:41:40 AM
Reply #61

Martip

And Del rubs salt in the wound
People will no doubt disagree but I'd have him in the 11 over bernard any day of the week....much more of a threat.

February 24, 2019, 02:21:43 AM
Reply #62

Martip

He’s crap. 1 good performance doesn’t change the history of 20 bad 1s
He's not crap. You d rather have bernard in the 11 ?

February 24, 2019, 02:26:55 AM
Reply #63

Martip

:headbang:

Almost as bad as the "should've kept Duffy" shouts after he had one good game
Absolutely not....the last game aside del is much more of a threat and scores/assists more. He has a good game things happen, bernard has good game he plays a clever pass.

February 24, 2019, 03:19:29 AM
Reply #64

Martip

He is crap. He failed at Barca twice, he failed here twice. He failed at Sevilla. His numbers at Watford are shite. He’s genuine crap. He shouldn’t be because he has a lot of the tools but he’s done the square route of  fuck all.

I’d much prefer Bernard though he’s not started great.
You say he failed at Sevilla but his stats were 1 goal and 5 assists in 17 games and for milan it was 4 goals and 3 assists in 17 games.

I also can't agree he failed with us the first time round as he got 2 goals and 8 assists in 26 appearances and is on 6 goals and 4 assists in 20 for Watford

I agree that he didn't make it at Barcelona but let's be honest none of our players would of got into that team so it's an unfair comparison.

Bernard is currently 3 assists and no goals in 23 games so I'm not sure why you think bernard will be more effective ? He's neat and tidy but not shown anything like being an effective prem player which is probably why Silva doesn't start him these days.

March 10, 2019, 04:09:38 PM
Reply #65

Martip

For me it's not just the mistakes and erratic play it's more the impact this has on us and the opposition.

The mental strength of our defenders seems to be really weak and his beak induced flapping really does not help matters.

Similarly teams can be down and out in a game with us ala Newcastle then he starts tripping off his tits which gives them an in and some confidence.

I'd much rather have a calmer goalkeeper who controls his area/communicates with his defenders without having a shouting fit and think this would reap dividends throughout the rest of the team.

Look at the best goalkeepers in the prem atm.....none of them behave like a kid in their first day at nursery.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:14:35 PM by Martip »