August 20, 2019, 06:04:09 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 93850 times)

December 24, 2018, 01:14:39 AM
Reply #720

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Im off to bargain booze.... *cheers*

Don’t choose any old shite ;)

December 24, 2018, 01:15:46 AM
Reply #721

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t choose any old shite ;)

Hahha beers for me. 3 cans down and in desperate need of more!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 24, 2018, 01:17:21 AM
Reply #722

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hahha beers for me. 3 cans down and in desperate need of more!

If following evertonian logic  go for perfectly acceptable middle of the road but lash it down the sink for not winning the league...

December 24, 2018, 01:19:00 AM
Reply #723

hannu

Professionals shouldn’t be making career decisions on the past month.

am not saying they will look at just one month but
halfway through the season we are 11th
looking at the table we are not looking like a side quality players want to come to
if we hadnt imploded so badly this month we would maybe be 6th and looking more attractive to join

December 24, 2018, 01:20:48 AM
Reply #724

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
am not saying they will look at just one month but
halfway through the season we are 11th
looking at the table we are not looking like a side quality players want to come to
if we hadnt imploded so badly this month we would maybe be 6th and looking more attractive to join

Yeah but it’s 4/6 pts.

If Utd want someone they’d sign for them regardless.

No one is signing for Bournemouth instead of us.

December 24, 2018, 01:32:19 AM
Reply #725

hannu

Yeah but it’s 4/6 pts.

If Utd want someone they’d sign for them regardless.

No one is signing for Bournemouth instead of us.

there will be players that would think twice about signing for us

am not talking about Bournemouth

but its like another wasted season being mediocre, am more concerned about for example would a player want to leave somewhere like Marseilles to join us or any other  half decent team around europe or would these teams be able to turn the heads of players we might want

we are stuck on a similar level to west ham, the other month we looked a much better team than west ham we dont now tho

December 24, 2018, 01:41:07 AM
Reply #726

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
there will be players that would think twice about signing for us

am not talking about Bournemouth

but its like another wasted season being mediocre, am more concerned about for example would a player want to leave somewhere like Marseilles to join us or any other  half decent team around europe or would these teams be able to turn the heads of players we might want

we are stuck on a similar level to west ham, the other month we looked a much better team than west ham we dont now tho

Don’t stress about Jan.

Major moves happen in the summer.

December 24, 2018, 01:42:30 AM
Reply #727

hannu

Don’t stress about Jan.

Major moves happen in the summer.

we could really do with a decent striker now tho

December 24, 2018, 01:44:18 AM
Reply #728

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That’s part of the problem though isn’t it. We get a few wins and people start thinking we’re miles away from West Ham etc and start thinking like oh on paper we’re not that far away are we, we should be looking at 6th...

What I said the other day that a few people took a bit wrong, that we’re basically the same level as Leicester / West Ham (maybe went a bit far when I said Bournemouth like), we might have some individual players better than some of their individual players, but there’s just not enough of a gap in quality. Not like say, us to Tottenham, or us to United.

We didn’t learn anything new today and we’re not in a different position than we were the other month I don’t think. We are just going to have some good bits and some shite bits because that’s where we are at the minute.

Gimmie a richarlison every year and we’ll be in a better position soon.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:46:51 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 24, 2018, 01:46:08 AM
Reply #729

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
we could really do with a decent striker now tho
Oh yeah but doubt history changing signings happen in Jan.

Not like we thought we’d be first etc.

If you’re target is 7th it’s unlikely that we’d be 7th all through the season

Well have some bits of form better than 7th and some bits worse.

Unlikely that someone guaranteed to break that flow is going to change their mind on 3 pts

December 24, 2018, 01:48:53 AM
Reply #730

Bluedylan

I need GLewis coaching me through life.

I don't mean to make you uncomfortable in any way, and I mean it purely platonically, but I think I'd make better life decisions and have a better perspective if you lived next door to me.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 24, 2018, 01:52:16 AM
Reply #731

Gash

Global Moderator

I don't mean to make you uncomfortable in any way, and I mean it purely platonically, but I think I'd make better life decisions and have a better perspective if you lived next door to me.

I bet he'd even bring your wheelie bin in if he's home from work before you. :)

December 24, 2018, 01:55:32 AM
Reply #732

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Ha

Yeah it all falls down on the point that every match day I think it might be different ;)

December 24, 2018, 02:03:00 AM
Reply #733

toffee_scot

It would be nice as well if Silva could settle on which defenders to use, in the past few games we haven't had the same defensive lineup because he keeps rotating some of the players.

December 24, 2018, 02:06:09 AM
Reply #734

hannu

i know we have progressed in some area's we was a complete mess last year and there are some decent players here.

am frustrated atm, we have wasted 4 years and not improved, we need to hope brands can find players that will improve in the future because we are going to struggle to attract ready made players that can drastically improve us i feel