November 19, 2019, 01:12:02 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 143185 times)

December 24, 2018, 02:09:14 AM
Reply #735

hannu

i hope i dont come across as being knee jerky, just feel very deflated by the month, am not feeling much of that feel good factor atm

December 24, 2018, 02:37:23 AM
Reply #736

Dr. Sponge

Today was a bad day at the end (hopefully) of a bad run. We were weak and Spurs were ruthless.

It's not the end of the world though, we've still got a decent squad, a few really good players and a DoF & manager with the right vision for the club, who are backed by an owner who will spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:38:31 AM by Dr. Sponge »

December 24, 2018, 03:09:55 AM
Reply #737

sam of the south

Today was a bad day at the end (hopefully) of a bad run. We were weak and Spurs were ruthless.

It's not the end of the world though, we've still got a decent squad, a few really good players and a DoF & manager with the right vision for the club, who are backed by an owner who will spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we really need to get a RB, CM and a Striker before we can start really seeing Silva and Brands’ vision.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 24, 2018, 06:44:54 AM
Reply #738

eyesalwaysblue

Big worry is the dip in form of the new players Digne,Gomes,Mina Not the same extent but Zouma as well, they all hit the ground running and all have dipped dramatically over the last few games, without comparing recent regimes too soon it's hard not to feel a bit of deja vu.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 24, 2018, 02:39:01 PM
Reply #739

Cereal Killer

Big worry is the dip in form of the new players Digne,Gomes,Mina Not the same extent but Zouma as well, they all hit the ground running and all have dipped dramatically over the last few games, without comparing recent regimes too soon it's hard not to feel a bit of deja vu.

They're all used to having a Xmas break for a little rest and feet up  ;)

December 24, 2018, 02:55:19 PM
Reply #740

Bluedylan

The morning after the night before! Ugh...

Did I really get thrown out of that bar after throwing up on the bouncer? Who the hell is that in the bed next to me (and what’s his name?) Did a clear 2-0 lead turn into a 6-2 defeat at home by Spurs?

Nah! Chrimbo nightmares. Too much cheese and wine before bed probably..
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 24, 2018, 03:01:10 PM
Reply #741

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Drank too many beers and watched Elf last night. And cried at the ending ffs. Everton are destroying me.

Oh well, off to the parents house later today.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 24, 2018, 03:42:45 PM
Reply #742

eyesalwaysblue

They're all used to having a Xmas break for a little rest and feet up  ;)
Not too convinced but I'll take it....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 24, 2018, 06:45:37 PM
Reply #743

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He’s going 4-3-3 eventually, isn’t he. Surely?

Really don’t know how to solve the Sigurdsson situation. Clearly a very, very good player who is scoring goals...but we have to accommodate him up top where he puts in about 20-25 passes a game. He’s a passenger for too much of the play, while opposition sides stroll through the middle of the pitch.

Gomes Gana Davies worth a go I think, if we’re really never going to see Sigurdsson in CM which it doesn’t look like we will.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 24, 2018, 08:46:22 PM
Reply #744

Mac934

He’s going 4-3-3 eventually, isn’t he. Surely?

Really don’t know how to solve the Sigurdsson situation. Clearly a very, very good player who is scoring goals...but we have to accommodate him up top where he puts in about 20-25 passes a game. He’s a passenger for too much of the play, while opposition sides stroll through the middle of the pitch.

Gomes Gana Davies worth a go I think, if we’re really never going to see Sigurdsson in CM which it doesn’t look like we will.
I'm sorry, but Davies brings nothing to the team. He hasn't pushed on at all. Siggurdson is a problem, but keeps on bagging goals so can't be dropped I don't think.

December 24, 2018, 09:09:14 PM
Reply #745

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry, but Davies brings nothing to the team. He hasn't pushed on at all. Siggurdson is a problem, but keeps on bagging goals so can't be dropped I don't think.

If we can buy a CM in jan that we actually want then sound we deffo should but until then he’s our next best CM I suppose?

Also he wasn’t even that bad yesterday was he? I mean no worse than anyone else.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 24, 2018, 09:52:21 PM
Reply #746

Shogun

Administrator
Hard to judge isn’t it, Gylfi produced a bit of brilliance for both our goals yesterday.

Can see why he ended up on the wing at Spurs

December 24, 2018, 09:52:37 PM
Reply #747

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
You can see what Silva is trying to do but it's not clicking right now. The hope is he isn't a stubborn as Martinez in terms of refusal to adapt philosophy

December 24, 2018, 09:57:40 PM
Reply #748

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hard to judge isn’t it, Gylfi produced a bit of brilliance for both our goals yesterday.

Can see why he ended up on the wing at Spurs

He’s so good, but so quiet.

Look at what poch has done with Erickson or pep has done with De Bruyne. Flighty, shooty 10s with no locomotion transformed into complete CMs who can be involved in all phases of build up, rather than just around the box.

The Icelandic stats nutter would always post about how Gylfi produces chances at a better rate (less passes to create a chance), but I actually think that’s a bad thing. He’s ball shy, and the more you get your best players on the ball taking more touches the better your team is imo.

I’d hate to see him on the bench because he’s a born match winner. But there’s definitely an argument there that we aren’t good enough as a team to carry someone who only wants the ball on the edge of the box

December 24, 2018, 11:20:54 PM
Reply #749

Mac934

If we can buy a CM in jan that we actually want then sound we deffo should but until then he’s our next best CM I suppose?

Also he wasn’t even that bad yesterday was he? I mean no worse than anyone else.
He was anonymous most of the game. Hardly noticed he was there as Spurs ran through midfield as if it wasn't there. He wasn't the only one true. Who can we realistically go for and get in January though?