December 16, 2019, 12:03:58 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 152893 times)

October 07, 2019, 12:08:12 AM
Reply #15

arteta4spain

Bottom three here we come! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

October 07, 2019, 02:04:27 AM
Reply #16

arteta4spain

He's half way through so about 5m of the 9 as he's already had the rest
5 is fuck all tbf. But it’ll be the cost of getting the next manager. We HAVE to do due diligence. I find it mad that we take a chance on these up and coming managers. Can’t be hard to look for a winner and convince them or at least sound them out.
Is Kenwright/Moshiri looking for a Moyes type and think with the money we’ve now got that we can crack the top four? It just doesn’t work like that! I can’t comprehend why we go for the same type ALL THE FUCKING TIME! It’s so infuriating!!

October 13, 2019, 04:57:51 AM
Reply #17

arteta4spain

Yeah, we really haven't replaced him.

Not only did he get into double figures for goals and assists that season, but he was also constantly involved, and he always looked to play positively, before his confidence dissipated.
We haven’t really replaced the spine of the team tbf, Jags, (Keane and Mina aren’t fit to lace his boots and too early to see if Gbamin can do it) Gana (although Gbamin is the replacement is making up numbers or technically good enough to fill a very big Gana void. Barkley ( Sigurdsson? ) and Lukaku ( don’t think Keans gonna do it. Tosun? 🤦‍♂️ if he ever gets a game)
I think therein lies the problem there’s no spine to the team. Shape wise and mentally too come to think of it!

October 20, 2019, 07:19:43 AM
Reply #18

arteta4spain

After the result today hopefully Silva has seen whats worked and how to use certain players.
Someone mentioned we looked like we were playing a 4-2–2-2 and this could be flexible as it could give  Kean a chance with dcl up top or Tosun ( if he’s ever going to play for us again)
Davies needs to be given a run of games especially when it worked as well as it did today. Could save ourselves a fortune if Davies can start to establish himself more.

October 28, 2019, 01:47:58 AM
Reply #19

arteta4spain

He'll end up at Southampton and we'll have Moyes till end of season

Big Davie saying let's get to 40 points and take it from there
Funnily enough I've just said that to my mate, bar the Silva to Southampton.
I think Moyes would snap our hands off if we offered him just until the end of the season. It'd split the fan base massively as some would think he doesn't deserve to come back and his credentials after us aren't great. He might just see it as a way to revitalise his career. I don't know, little torn on this tbh. At the same time beggars can’t be choosers despite our wealth, we’re currently up shit street.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 01:49:20 AM by arteta4spain »

November 26, 2019, 04:48:28 AM
Reply #20

arteta4spain

We long for anyone who thinks hard enough about the game to realize how important controlling space is, both in and out of possession.

Formations give us a common language to talk about how we'd set the team up but are ultimately overrated, i.e. there isn't a "best" formation we should aspire to play. The shape of the team should be different depending on the phase of the game (opponent in possession, just gave the ball away, building from the back, possessing ball in final third, etc.).

Well-coached teams find ways to create numerical advantages in most or every phase, with or without the ball. Silva mostly has us doing okay without the ball (minus some horrible team shapes when we give the ball away in the final third but that's a feature of most high-pressing teams) but if you look at our build-up patterns, you can pinpoint exactly why we're struggling. Our midfielders are poorly spaced and can't create numerical advantages, which is why every attack we try to build feels so labored and eventually ends in the ball being sprayed out to a fullback or winger.

And that's not even mentioning free kicks and corners, where we have a massive weakness at the back post that's been analyzed in a few places.
Thing is it doesn’t help when your midfield pass like crabs or are powderpuff. I honestly believe the problem lies in the middle. We’ve been decimated with the Gbamin and Gomez injuries AND losing Gana. We’ve no spine it’s just a mess and as it’s been said before were just going round in circles with this. I fear for any manager coming in. It’s going to be a major rebuild in the summer. Can see Richarlison going and we need to shift a few off the wage bill. And we’ll get less prize money too if we’re languishing in the bottom half come May.
Moshiris pockets aren’t as deep as City’s. We need to be careful with our spending especially as we’ll have to pay Silva off too! And if we get another manager in from another club there’s the pay for that. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ just squandering money left right and centre. Wonder how long Moshiri will think fuck this! But it’ll be his own doing for hiring shit managers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums