September 19, 2019, 10:03:20 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 103785 times)

Heisenberg and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 17, 2018, 02:44:26 AM
Read 103785 times

arteta4spain

I do think Gylfi is causing issues, not him personally but feel like we'd be a better team with someone like Davies in there and more of a 4-3-3.

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Mina Digne
Davies Schneiderlin Gana
Walcott Tosun Richarlison

And over the next couple of windows we need to sort that midfield three out because I'm not sure any of them are up to it.
Not seen any of the game but it seems that Sigurdsson is a square peg in a round hole at the moment. I think once we have our first xi it’ll start to work but I think we’re not looking beyond that. I know that we haven’t got a lot of options right now or the actual numbers to do it’s an when everyone is fit. It feels like there’s no plan b.
I wasn’t sold on Silva tbh and he gives me a touch of the Martinez’s. You can roll your eyes but we do need to give him time 2 seasons max. This is a transitional period right now and Silva may and right now is encountering some problems if he can start to iron them out during the season we’ll be fine. Only time will tell.
Jury is still out on him but he’s got enough to time to get it right.

November 07, 2018, 05:30:10 PM
Reply #1

arteta4spain

I think the problem, which were probably aware of, is that we’re trying to play catch up by some distance. If Moshiri has come in say around the time we were constantly competing for the europa I think we’d have had a chance to really push on. As much as he’s going to hopefully take us that next level, it’s gonna be difficult but hopefully with M&M we should be there or thereabouts :-)
Quietly optimistic but i was when Martinez was doing well in his first season.

November 12, 2018, 03:11:43 AM
Reply #2

arteta4spain

You know what I m not sure if I'm caught in the moment but I think sack of tosun in Jan and buy a top class forward and we maybe could attack 5th or 6th.
Deffo game for that. I don’t think Silva rates him hence bringing on dcl today and always using Richarlison up too rather than on the wing. Haven’t a clue who to go for tho. Be interesting to see where we’re at come Jan.

November 27, 2018, 09:42:03 AM
Reply #3

arteta4spain

This is cool. You see a side of silva we haven't seen yet in the last minute of this clip.
That was great from Silva. He’s really really winning me over and I’m all aboard the Silva train. He seems nothing like Martinez and I can see him really taking us places.
He comes across lovely there with the kids. Love it! :-)

December 25, 2018, 05:18:45 PM
Reply #4

arteta4spain

Can't see why we don't go like a 4-2-3-1
Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Gana Gomes
Lookman Sig Richarlison
              Tosun

Obvious choices there right now but places for Davies, Walcott Zouma, to occupy amongst others. Can accommodate Sigurdsson as he can be the further forward of the three behind Tosun so effectively a 4-2-2-1-1/4-4-1-1
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:21:21 PM by arteta4spain »

January 21, 2019, 06:24:29 AM
Reply #5

arteta4spain

Had my doubts about Silva from the start.

He didnt inspire me and nor did his record with Hull and Watford.

Another reason is his nationality. On holidays there I found the Portuguse are a strange lot and can be quite sullen.  They seem to take things very badly when they dont go well.

And for football examples, look at Ronaldo or Mourinho. Absolutely great while things are going their way, but very sulky and moody when they arent.

I believe Everton would really thrive better with a British manager.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Eddie Howe? 🤦‍♂️

April 09, 2019, 03:20:16 PM
Reply #6

arteta4spain

I felt confident defending set-pieces yesterday, mainly down to the leap Kurt Zouma has. Not human.

We played a lot of long balls yesterday too, which worked very well. Arsenal didn't have an answer for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i did see that during the game. Colossus.  He's getting better with games but one thing that needs to happen is replacing Jags organisational skills in the back four. Despite his age he's got a wealth of experience and awareness of how to organise a defence. If Keane, Zouma (if we sign him) and Mina can somehow harness that then replacing him might not be as hard a task.

April 12, 2019, 01:36:29 AM
Reply #7

arteta4spain

I hope we give him another year and he stays on in a coaching capacity when he stops playing. I think he'd have a lot to offer as a coach
Definitely! I’d hope he’d stay here and not maybe move back to Sheff Utd.  Not sure if he’s ever be manager material, be a coach of some capacity beckons.

September 16, 2019, 12:00:52 AM
Reply #8

arteta4spain

I see Keane and Mina and I have palpitations. They just don't fill me with confidence. They look like they're a pass/ moment from making a horrendous mistake.
Yearn for a cb pairing of Jags and Lescott. That's the last time I felt comfortable with the back four.

September 16, 2019, 12:23:33 AM
Reply #9

arteta4spain

Criminal we didn’t get a cb in. I wasn’t confident at the start of the season. We really miss Zouma.

September 17, 2019, 09:48:22 PM
Reply #10

arteta4spain

I think it's a bit of both tbh. He's been hampered by the lack of signings but he really shouldn't have gone on the quota of "epl experience” I understand that as it will feel eaiser to bed them in etc and that's fair enough but you're hampering yourself and not allowing the club to get decent or even top players as they don't fit your remit. Surely though it's his job and the coaching staff to train the players to how he wants to see them play. I know it's generalising but it can't be that difficult for non prem players to adapt especially if they are of a decent/ high standard. It feels a little lazy from Silva that.
And he's also supposed to be able to utilise the players he's got to play a decent standard of football.
But it's not just Silva it's been like that since Moyes left tbh.  I know a lot of people on here didn't like him but you can't deny that he could get average players playing for each other and the shirt and give 100%. We've now got a bunch of half assed players and they lose their bottle as soon as the going gets tough.
Keane springs to mind. He's a ticking time bomb. As soon as we go behind or he makes a costly mistake his head goes. Mina is just a mistake waiting to happen. Last time I had confidence in a back four was when we had Coleman Jags Lescott and Baines. Two have gone one can't get a game and the other is looking like he's lost it.
Hopefully we come good but it's gonna take a long time before it does. I dont want Silva sacked but with what's been spent you have to wonder, if the shit we get served up continues, how much longer will he be in charge? I personally don't think he's learning from his mistakes. Why is it every manager we've had when they go into their second season they majorly fuck up. Even Moyes did. Then again after that we got 4th. Maybe we need a little perseverance. Will Silva get that though?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:50:17 PM by arteta4spain »