December 11, 2019, 12:25:51 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 151728 times)

November 25, 2019, 03:08:31 AM
Reply #345

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Only one of question is Gbamin. Apart from looking terrible on his debut, not much better the next game then getting injured I'm yet to see why people have him in most 'best 11', appreciate this isn't that, but not sure why the confidence. He may well be, but I haven't seen anything yet

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Because the alternative is Schneiderlin, or Delph who turns 31 next year.

I mean yeah if we want to buy a new base midfield sound but he gets the benefit of the doubt at the min based on his track record and brands track record.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2019, 04:26:41 PM
Reply #346

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Both, but mainly the former.

If you change the word would to wouldn't it all comes together
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 26, 2019, 02:25:01 AM
Reply #347

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This whole period has echoes of Mike Walker. Brought in to produce attractive football, indulged in luxury players (Samways etc) and left hard working players out. Then Big Joe came in, gave Everton some heart and identity back and even had a few players like Limpar/Kanchelskis who could play a bit too. Those where the first years I watched Everton. Whoever replaces Marco I want them to be a tactician, play percentages, appreciate hard work and MOST OF ALL .... identify with Everton FC, not bullshit our fans, take pride in the club and show any luxury players the door if necessary.

Can I just ask, what's sparked your switch from 'Evertonian are philistines who adore hard working grafters with no ability' to 'what Everton need is hard working grafters with no ability'?

Remarkable about face.

November 26, 2019, 06:28:08 AM
Reply #348

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Plenty of talent in the side, plenty of balance in the side.

A better coach and we'll be absolutely fine, a good coach and we'll be good, a great coach and we'll be superb.

Midfield is still an issue as it is every year since Barry left, but we have Gbamin to come back and January in a few weeks.

December 05, 2019, 08:15:08 PM
Reply #349

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If nothing else at least the last two games should finally have put to bed this ridiculous notion of Gylfi Sigurdsson playing cm.

Awful, awful, player. Can't wait til he's sold at a dramatic loss.

December 09, 2019, 04:59:32 PM
Reply #350

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Let this be the last time we appoint a manager who plays out from the back.

The end.

Thomas, have you actually watched any of bielsa

December 09, 2019, 05:12:24 PM
Reply #351

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes as Athletic Bilvap have always been my favourite La Liga team due to their Basque heritage/cantera policy.

He is probably the exception to my rule. He can get average to capable teams playing that way and make it work.

But aa others including Guardiola have acknowledged he is a genius .

Not everybody is a genius. Its unbelievable we asked a coach as modest as Silva to ask players dicu as Michael Keane to play it out from the back.

OK because you are coming across as extremely confused at the moment in regards to your posts. Also you are hammering these points in every thread almost every day.

Can I just say - we know you don't like playing from the back or 433 or anything about modern tactics, it's nice that you've learned about bielsa, but can you please stop spamming these oddly contrasting opinions?