November 18, 2019, 05:17:52 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 142977 times)

December 27, 2018, 01:38:02 AM
Reply #780

eyesalwaysblue

Hilarious reading the pre-match thread and almost universal condemnation of the 3 at the back.

We’re all fucking clueless aren’t we?
Great to see it sorted out though, bodes well.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 27, 2018, 02:03:35 AM
Reply #781

sam of the south

Hilarious reading the pre-match thread and almost universal condemnation of the 3 at the back.

We’re all fucking clueless aren’t we?

We were still breached a number of times, though, despite having three CB’s.

Keane and Mina were both caught napping on a few occasions.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 27, 2018, 02:08:44 AM
Reply #782

gizzblue

We were still breached a number of times, though, despite having three CB’s.

Keane and Mina were both caught napping on a few occasions.

Liked .....although I've never seen a game were anybody stops the other team getting through a few times .
Born not made a blue .

December 27, 2018, 02:17:30 AM
Reply #783

sam of the south

Liked .....although I've never seen a game were anybody stops the other team getting through a few times .

True.

We looked like two different teams in attack and defence at times, though, which was odd because of the extra man we had at the back.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 27, 2018, 03:22:35 AM
Reply #784

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
We are going to always concede chances. Its how the team deal with those chances and how they are defended. It's how many saves, blocks, tackles and clearances that are made thats important, especially away from home.

December 27, 2018, 04:03:03 AM
Reply #785

Shogun

Administrator
Reckon we should just jib off Goodison this season.

December 27, 2018, 05:34:13 AM
Reply #786

Ramjam

I must admit that I’ve been one of Bernard’s critics this season but he showed up today just like he did at Leicester, I’m hoping we see more of these types of performances from him in the second half of the season, well played Bernard lad
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 27, 2018, 05:38:57 AM
Reply #787

sam of the south

I must admit that I’ve been one of Bernard’s critics this season but he showed up today just like he did at Leicester, I’m hoping we see more of these types of performances from him in the second half of the season, well played Bernard lad

Yeah, he was great.

So intelligent, especially when he turns, and lets the ball run.

He looked dangerous whenever he roamed inside.
Henry David Thoreau

December 27, 2018, 09:20:22 AM
Reply #788

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The lads have just gone and got a 5-1 away from home

Massive that
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 28, 2018, 08:34:06 PM
Reply #789

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like Brandsy has got the chequebook firmly shut this Jan. avoids mistakes I suppose, sometimes the smartest thing you can do is nothing!

I do worry about getting 7th tho tbh. Leicester with two huge results back to back, West Ham have had their best ever points from a prem month despite losing almost all their good players, and wolves and Watford continue to look decent!

Assuming no further investment, how confident do we feel?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:36:21 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2018, 09:03:05 PM
Reply #790

Macca77

First team to lose by 4 goals at home then win by 4 goals in consecutive games

December 28, 2018, 09:26:20 PM
Reply #791

kramer0

Sounds like Brandsy has got the chequebook firmly shut this Jan. avoids mistakes I suppose, sometimes the smartest thing you can do is nothing!

I do worry about getting 7th tho tbh. Leicester with two huge results back to back, West Ham have had their best ever points from a prem month despite losing almost all their good players, and wolves and Watford continue to look decent!

It should be close. I see West Ham and Watford as our closest competitors for 7th because they have the best management situations. Leicester definitely belong in the conversation but I worry less about them because their form has been erratic for awhile and Puel's position doesn't feel secure. Bournemouth are too weak defensively and I'm not bothered by Wolves at all.

I think doing nothing in January is sensible. Silva could be getting more out of this group of players, by reconfiguring the midfield and being a little more disciplined at times. He needs to do more with what he has before he gets to ask for reinforcements.

December 28, 2018, 09:33:02 PM
Reply #792

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It should be close. I see West Ham and Watford as our closest competitors for 7th because they have the best management situations. Leicester definitely belong in the conversation but I worry less about them because their form has been erratic for awhile and Puel's position doesn't feel secure. Bournemouth are too weak defensively and I'm not bothered by Wolves at all.

I think doing nothing in January is sensible. Silva could be getting more out of this group of players, by reconfiguring the midfield and being a little more disciplined at times. He needs to do more with what he has before he gets to ask for reinforcements.

Worry about West Ham but hopefully Anderson throws a wobbler soon. He looks a real talent, hopefully he lashes the towel in or they will continue to rise.

Leicester closest to us stylistically and squad quality?

They have Vardy the much better striker, we have Richarlison the much better wife forward etc.

Both play sssssemi posession based but retreat to hit it and quit it counter attack stuff when the heat is on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2018, 10:29:43 PM
Reply #793

Bluedylan

Is that Leicester who wanted to sack Puel a week ago? Nah, not remotely worried about them. City and Chelsea were both pretty poor against them. A normal City and Chelsea batter them. Same with West Ham. They've had some lovely fixtures recently. Wolves and Watford won't even enter the conversation imo.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 28, 2018, 10:44:14 PM
Reply #794

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is that Leicester who wanted to sack Puel a week ago? Nah, not remotely worried about them. City and Chelsea were both pretty poor against them. A normal City and Chelsea batter them. Same with West Ham. They've had some lovely fixtures recently. Wolves and Watford won't even enter the conversation imo.

Man you are so confident.

Yeah they’ve never really fell for puel, he’s doing marginally better than he did at Southampton but still lots of room for improvement.

We need to make the most out of our own lovely fixtures imo. So many missed opportunities as usual and we’re currently on pace for about 9th.

Our fixture list has got to be FAIRLY promising compared to the others, and I fancy us to improve the further we get into the year and silva gets more used to the side etc.

Our performances and results have us about where we deserve to be though, we will have to improve to finish 7th no doubt about it.