August 25, 2019, 02:58:14 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 95192 times)

hill135, kramer0, ToffeeKev, Fieldy618 (+ 1 Hidden) and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 30, 2018, 07:19:10 AM
Reply #810

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Our performances and results have us about where we deserve to be though, we will have to improve to finish 7th no doubt about it.

quality of chances created vs quality of chances conceded.

As good a metric as any for how we are playing outside of refs, or luck or poor finishing or whatever.

We are almost square in the middle. Bang on the average mark for the league, with 8 teams creating more going forward, and 9 better at keeping sides quiet.

It’s just where we are at the minute. Manager should get 3 windows imo, unless he has us in the shit which there doesn’t appear to be any danger of.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2018, 05:17:09 PM
Reply #811

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of people flip flopping with their opinions game to game.

Nothing has changed mine as I completely expected what’s happened this season.

Get used to games like yesterday because we’re a long way off going there and taking three points at ease.

Any talk about him being under pressure or anything of the sort is absolutely ridiculous.

Could things be better this season? Well, yes.

Have things improved? Yes. In fact, things have improved a lot more than they’ve worsened.

We’re heading in the right direction and we have to keep some faith.

No point throwing the toys out the pram because we’ve took a 1-0 loss to Brighton away. We’ve been losing these games for the last 15 years, why should silva find a formula six months into the job?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 30, 2018, 05:20:10 PM
Reply #812

eyesalwaysblue

Improvement is all we could ask this year, not in terms of league position, maybe not but in terms of seeing a brighter future definitely..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 30, 2018, 07:03:06 PM
Reply #813

Bluedylan

Still pretty certain that we'll finish 7th like.

Our fanbase is so short-term and neurotic, than any single defeat is met with derision and massive criticism of the team and the manager. I find our fans more dispiriting than the team or the manager, a lot of the time.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 30, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
Reply #814

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Still pretty certain that we'll finish 7th like.

Our fanbase is so short-term and neurotic, than any single defeat is met with derision and massive criticism of the team and the manager. I find our fans more dispiriting than the team or the manager, a lot of the time.

Quite delusional as well I think, our fans.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2018, 07:04:20 PM
Reply #815

Dr. Sponge

Playing with 3 centre backs makes me feel a bit safer when we overload players in attacks, we’re less likely to get done on the break.

The problem yesterday was going forward, the wide attackers underperformed, the midfield was weak and Richarlison was dominated.

There didn’t seem to be a plan to attack with a system that suited the starting eleven and we just ended up playing into Brighton’s hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December 30, 2018, 07:04:50 PM
Reply #816

Bluedylan

Quite delusional as well I think, our fans.

To think we'll finish 7th? Only 2 points off that position.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

December 30, 2018, 07:13:20 PM
Reply #817

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Think he means that those who expected us to finish much higher than 7th are delusional.

December 30, 2018, 07:16:10 PM
Reply #818

Bluedylan

Think he means that those who expected us to finish much higher than 7th are delusional.

It's a little dig at me, because I'm very confident we'll finish above Leicester, Bournemouth etc.

December 30, 2018, 07:28:05 PM
Reply #819

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

No the expectation thing, we win one or two and the expectations soar, we lose one or two and hells bells break loose.

December 30, 2018, 07:29:00 PM
Reply #820

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

This. And even 7th will be a stretch.

We have been average all year. It’s just going to take more time than they’ve had so far.

December 30, 2018, 07:58:57 PM
Reply #821

Martip

The thing is why is it delusional to expect the club to perform well vs spend ? I reckon we must be in the top 4 highest net spenders in the last 3 or 4 years so why shouldn't expectations be that we beat some of the shit we 've played recently ?

The truth is we perform so badly vs spend because of the recent history of mismanagement and poor transfer decisions.

December 30, 2018, 08:04:57 PM
Reply #822

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The thing is why is it delusional to expect the club to perform well vs spend ? I reckon we must be in the top 4 highest net spenders in the last 3 or 4 years so why shouldn't expectations be that we beat some of the shit we 've played recently ?

The truth is we perform so badly vs spend because of the recent history of mismanagement and poor transfer decisions.

Yeah but you can almost discount all spend up til last summer.

In jan we spent 27m on cenk, he’s not even getting on the bench now and we’re likely going to get rid at a loss.

In the summer we spent like £18m on digne and he’s now one of our best players.

Anything pre brands has to be written off. We started this with a bloated, aging squad full of old shite players on big contracts, and some young players with not enough prem mins to know if they can make the grade.

It’s going to take time to get this side out the mud. The worry is if Leicester, Wolves, Watford etc. move quicker.

December 30, 2018, 08:08:39 PM
Reply #823

Hawkandro

The problem yesterday was going forward, the wide attackers underperformed, the midfield was weak

This a key area we need to improve and Silva has already said he wants more from his wingers/wide attackers. Can see Walcott and Lookman being moved on ASAP. Walcott does not do enough to justify the outlay and Lookman doesn't appear to really have a future here. We really need to get someone like Felipe Anderson - someone out wide who will offer 10 goals a season. Richarlison is on target for that, but none of the others stand a chance at present and coupled with a lack of quality up top, we will continue to lose games like yesterday.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 30, 2018, 08:16:02 PM
Reply #824

KoemansNumberTens

We have a real issue in attacking positions. Our wingers are shite and we don’t have a forward. Things would look a hell of a lot better if we just played lookman and richarlison on the wings and played an actual forward up top. Bernard hasn’t been nearly good enough. Walcott has regressed from okay to horrendous and richarlison is wasted upfront most of the time

Think he’s getting 2 major decisions wrong with playing Walcott and where he’s playing richarlison

Also where’s lookman? Be gutted if he’s sold.