August 25, 2019, 05:31:52 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 95509 times)

December 31, 2018, 04:43:40 PM
Reply #840

everton15

And we'll finish 6th
and win the FA CUP............. :badum:

December 31, 2018, 08:53:54 PM
Reply #841

Dr. Sponge

I like the 3 at the back, I think it suits us. Less likely to be punished by a counter attack (which has caught us out a few times) and they should eat up all long balls thrown at us.

Going forward we’re a threat from set pieces and Digne and Coleman also have a bit more freedom down the flanks.

It worked for Chelsea two seasons ago, but the main ingredient (aside from them all being brilliant players) was the target man, Costa. If we play this formation we either need DCL or Tosun, as they’re the only players we have who can come close to holding it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 01, 2019, 12:38:01 AM
Reply #842

Bluedylan

Bang out three wins at home against Leicester, Lincoln and Bournemouth and everyone will be buzzing, and we'll move beyond a rough December.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 01, 2019, 01:12:55 AM
Reply #843

Shogun

Administrator
Bang out three wins at home against Leicester, Lincoln and Bournemouth and everyone will be buzzing, and we'll move beyond a rough December.

Really worried about Lincoln
I never claimed to be a saint

January 01, 2019, 08:20:09 PM
Reply #844

Martip

Seriously getting worried after another horrible home performance when the away team rested some of their best players. 'Transitional' only buys you so much patience.

January 01, 2019, 08:34:12 PM
Reply #845

Bob Sacamano

Seriously getting worried after another horrible home performance when the away team rested some of their best players. 'Transitional' only buys you so much patience.

How much? Put it in context of you walking into a car crash of a business and being asked to be part of the team that turns it around. Would you want/need more than a few months?

January 01, 2019, 08:41:10 PM
Reply #846

Martip

How much? Put it in context of you walking into a car crash of a business and being asked to be part of the team that turns it around. Would you want/need more than a few months?
I suppose everyone's biting point will be different but I don't see the direction or signs of improvement. Other teams always seem to do more with less and the players are looking less and less motivated.

I do feel that we as fans have fallen into the habit of making too many excuses for performances that are simply not good enough.

I was expecting ups and downs but not such a poor sustained period and what worries me is the minimal chages he makes actually seem to make us worse. You can't say what we have seen over the last month is better than last year ? It's not and no matter how much we don't like to admit it it's worse atm and we are in free fall.

January 01, 2019, 08:44:20 PM
Reply #847

KoemansNumberTens

We finished 8th last season. Spent more money than most. Invest more in wages too. Was it really a car crash? There’s a hell of a lot of teams went into this season with less. Was it really a car crash?

January 01, 2019, 08:46:48 PM
Reply #848

Mayor Farnum

Transition means change.

January 01, 2019, 08:48:06 PM
Reply #849

SANA_DR0

Transition means change.

not really much change, when you consider Silvas win record for hull was 19%, 33% for Watford and now its 33% for us.

Silvas keeping up his stats.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 01, 2019, 08:48:31 PM
Reply #850

Bob Sacamano

We finished 8th last season. Spent more money than most. Invest more in wages too. Was it really a car crash? There’s a hell of a lot of teams went into this season with less. Was it really a car crash?

You need to make your mind up. I was u see the impression you thought 99% of the squad was “vile shite”, “a bit shit” etc etc etc etc.

I wasn’t quoting you because to be honest I could have just guessed 1 of your 3 standard replies.

January 01, 2019, 08:50:03 PM
Reply #851

Mac934

There is no sign of improvement or a plan. There are glaring issues throughout the team. If nothing is done to rectify any of them during January I will lose faith in the management team completely. Today's performance is yet another gutless display of ineptitude on a par with much of the last 2-3 seasons.

January 01, 2019, 08:52:21 PM
Reply #852

Waltzer

I think we need to look at ourselves in some of this. Is it a coincidence that managers come to us with a good reputation, fuck up, get sacked then do well somewhere else? Appreciate its a 2 way street, but we are terrible supporters and Goodison must be a terrible place to play

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 01, 2019, 08:52:50 PM
Reply #853

Bob Sacamano

I suppose everyone's biting point will be different but I don't see the direction or signs of improvement. Other teams always seem to do more with less and the players are looking less and less motivated.

I do feel that we as fans have fallen into the habit of making too many excuses for performances that are simply not good enough.

I was expecting ups and downs but not such a poor sustained period and what worries me is the minimal chages he makes actually seem to make us worse. You can't say what we have seen over the last month is better than last year ? It's not and no matter how much we don't like to admit it it's worse atm and we are in free fall.

I think there’s a massive problem in that we really overrate our side and underrate our competitors. Just because we overpaid doesn’t make them good.

I’m not actually questioning your doubts, just interested in the rationale behind Xmas being the limit. Personally I’ve really dialled it back from giving managers a few years to mould the team, I’m more on board with the 12 month reflecting on points and performance.

January 01, 2019, 08:53:38 PM
Reply #854

KoemansNumberTens

You need to make your mind up. I was u see the impression you thought 99% of the squad was “vile shite”, “a bit shit” etc etc etc etc.

I wasn’t quoting you because to be honest I could have just guessed 1 of your 3 standard replies.

I don’t think we are very good. I do think we should at least be a little better than we are.

Also we’ve signed quite a few under this manager. So some of the responsibility of them not being very good has to fall on him.

Still painfully unbalanced. Not sure of the logic of adding Bernard and Gomes to Walcott and sigurdsson. Silva clearly doesn’t like any of our strikers so who carries the can for not signing 1?

Look for me entertainment is secondary to results. It’s barely anymore entertaining despite the money invested and we are actually lower in the league.