October 24, 2019, 04:36:25 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129537 times)

January 01, 2019, 08:48:06 PM
Read 129537 times

SANA_DR0

Transition means change.

not really much change, when you consider Silvas win record for hull was 19%, 33% for Watford and now its 33% for us.

Silvas keeping up his stats.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 02, 2019, 12:48:13 AM
Reply #1

SANA_DR0

I think we need to look at ourselves in some of this. Is it a coincidence that managers come to us with a good reputation, fuck up, get sacked then do well somewhere else? Appreciate its a 2 way street, but we are terrible supporters and Goodison must be a terrible place to play

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I disagree with this totally. We have not got in a top class manager, the last 3 managers have all done ok ish at other clubs, then they came to the biggest clubs they have ever been at.. we should have went and got a top class manager, who has been there and done it.. someone with experience at playing at the top level.
Silva looks as lost as Martinez did, the players just don't seem up for it, they haven't since the Liverpool match, regardless of if its a hangover from that match or something else, he (Silva) should be able to motivate his team.

today was as bad as big sam in charge, the difference is under big sam, we played the long ball game so most of our passes were off anyway...
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 01:20:26 AM
Reply #2

SANA_DR0

playbook seems,, play 5 attackers, 1 holding mid, if that doesn't work put on more attackers,,, then he says we don't show fight.
well then pick players you see in training that show the fight you talk of.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 03:37:47 PM
Reply #3

SANA_DR0

Richarlison playing In the wrong position = check

Style not suited for our current players = check

Unorganized midfield = check

create as many chances as we did under big Sam = check

Blaming players when the manager should be able to instill what he believes = check

playing a style that makes players like Tosun look pants = check

Silvas play book

We did well/played well at the start of the season, Tosun was a good foil, yeah he wasnt scoring but he was a good lynchpin.
Silva dropped him cos of no goals, Richarlison cant hold the ball up, he finds it very hard to keep the ball and bring others into play;hence why we always lose the ball in the final third, and it keeps putting our midfield/defense under pressure.

There was a couple of moments yesterday when we lost the ball in the final third... we had like 6 players all go for the ball,, one pass and they were through to our defence..

shocking really.

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 07:04:05 PM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

I believe we have expectations above our abilities at times. We wanted a billionaire and got one... CL here we come. We got Koeman... Good Times coming.
There's nothing wrong with ambition but it takes time and lots of money today... The result last week was hailed as a great half time talk by Silva... This week he's shit, clueless and not taking us forward. Over expectation is our downfall.

is it over expecting Everton to win or get something out of teams that are below us such as ~Saints, Brighton, Watford, Newcastle? (Watford are not below us now, have spent a small percentage to what we have and look like a well organised team)

is it over expecting us to play some sort of cohesive football and to have a game plan?

is to expecting to much to actually play a striker upfront?
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 21, 2019, 01:12:48 AM
Reply #5

SANA_DR0

Having Brands calling the recruitment shots makes me feel more at ease than I would have previously.

I hope Silva works out and I really like how we played during our good spell before December. But if he ends up getting the bullet a season or two from now, it won’t be a load of wasted millions as it will be Brands’ vision with a new coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its really a waste of time money and effort on Brands part to do that, especially if Silva doesn't know how to utalize the players or organise them.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 27, 2019, 08:41:03 PM
Reply #6

SANA_DR0

Some of these players aren’t as good enough as we think, or want them to be.

A few examples,

Pickford- Near the bottom of the league in terms of saves per shot, constantly under 50% in terms of distribution and has stopped being a decisive player for us when it comes to winning games. Seems to have a lot of games where anything towards his goal goes in. Take the money and run when a 60mil bud comes in.

Keane- Last night was classic Michael Keane for me. You need your main centre half to be a calming, strong figure to guide you through the game whilst the opposition launch the ball in from all angles. He completely shit himself and went to bits. Nowhere to be seen on any of the goals and treated the ball like a ticking time bomb in the second half. People seem to think he’s massively improved from last season, whereas I just see the same old problems.

Gomes- The game is too quick for him over here. Unless a team decides to sit deep and give us time on the ball he’s a complete passenger. Even when he’s has time on the ball he doesn’t do anything noteworthy with it. Even at 20mil I’d swerve signing him and look for somebody more dynamic. I fear he’s becoming to Silva what Phil Neville was to David Moyes.

DCL- He’s fucking garbage, lets just all admit it now. Doesn’t hold the ball up, he’s non existent when it comes to troubling the scoresheet, and every move breaks down when he’s near the ball. Send him to the championship to learn how to be a striker and maybe one day he’ll become a decent option for us. Should be nowhere near this team though.

Lookman- Yet again completley ineffevtive from the start. All the talent in the world but doesn’t seem to know how to use it.

Being honest, if we’re to build a team to challenge the top six there’s about four players good enough, Digne, Bernard, Richarlison and Gana.

The rest could all fuck off and I don’t think we’d be too much worse off.

I pretty much agree besides DCL as we don't use him as a striker, we create nothing for him, he has no support when the ball bounces off him (lol)

and lookman seems to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball, as he doesn't get the ball infront of him (so many times yesterday Coleman could have passed it to him, but passed square instead.. Lookman was visibily frustratd as he was saying stuff to Coleman numerous times, then Coleman runs down the line taking Lookmans space).. plus he is rubbish with Coleman behind him.. when he played with Kenny behind him he played well, when he has played with Digne behind him he has played well.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 10, 2019, 03:40:59 AM
Reply #7

SANA_DR0

Exactly this Stek doesn't worry him one iota ....need a young ballsy kid to breathe down his neck .

We have a young ballsy kid.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/08/03/joao-virginia

Official Membership

Click here to buy now

Everton completed the signing today of Portugal youth international goalkeeper Joao Virginia from Arsenal on a three-year deal.

Born in Faro, the 18-year-old stopper came through Benfica’s academy and joined Arsenal in 2015.

Virginia made 22 appearances for the Gunners at age-group level last season, featuring for both their Under-18 and Under-23 teams and was part of the Portugal side that beat Italy in the Under-19 European Championship final in Finland on Sunday.

"I am really happy to be at Everton," said Virginia. "I hope to learn a lot from the goalkeepers here, Jordan Pickford, who had a great season and World Cup and Maarten Stekelenburg, who is very experienced, too. This is a great opportunity for me.”
Robinson Pens New Everton Deal And Completes Wigan Loan Switch
Silva's Pride Ahead Of First Goodison Park Game
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 25, 2019, 01:16:36 PM
Reply #8

SANA_DR0

6 shots on target in 3 games.
:(