October 24, 2019, 11:09:00 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129592 times)

December 15, 2018, 10:58:13 PM
Read 129592 times

duncandisorderly

Still positive overall from Silva, its a work in progress and we've been in every game we've played this season I can think of, he can't do much about those missed chances. Would like him at times to be a bit quicker changing things that seem obvious to us like maybe a rest for Coleman and Siggurdsson.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

December 24, 2018, 12:08:18 AM
Reply #1

duncandisorderly

Poor today from Silva. Needed to set up how we have played against all the better sides, back 4 deeper and hit them on the counter which we've actually looked half decent at. Instead he went full Martinez, which you can't afford to do with the lack of midfield and pace of our back 4. Also worried about his inability to change and affect things during the match, the subs were just thrown on in hope of changing things.

January 01, 2019, 09:01:43 PM
Reply #2

duncandisorderly

A bit concerning, for the 2nd consecutive game we've lost a game we've been the better side in. I like the way he has us playing at times but it's been poor since the Derby defeat, bar the Burnley game. One of the critcisms of Silva by the Watford fans was that he couldn't stop the slide when it started to go wrong. Think we're seeing a bit of that to be honest, he doesn't seem to have another way of playing, it's all gone very Martinez like at the moment. Yes it's a season of transition but that doesn't give him a free pass to keep fucking it up, he's got to arrest this slide and show us he's the man to take us forward.

January 13, 2019, 10:45:17 PM
Reply #3

duncandisorderly

Was slow to change it today, but when he did we were better in the last 10 of the 1st half. Got to be starting better than that though, could have easily been a couple down in the first 30 mins, lucky not to give away a penalty. He should have took Gomes off after the tackle after the booking, we dodged a bullet with that.

September 21, 2019, 11:01:05 PM
Reply #4

duncandisorderly

Papered over the cracks with those good wins when it didn't really matter last half of the season. I don't know what the answer is, but this isn't good enough.