October 22, 2019, 06:54:05 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129088 times)

January 01, 2019, 09:17:36 PM
Read 129088 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I have some sympathy for Sllva. I'd understand that people think it's an excuse when you mention luck, but I think he's been let down by individuals pretty frequently this season. Anytime we look to build momentum be it in a game or over a few games there is another silly error, or another refereeing decision that knocks us back and when confidence is fragile it really doesn't take much to set us off course.

Both the Brighton and Leicester games should've ended as a draw. We didn't do enough to win them really but I don't think we particularly deserved to lose them either. You can build on draws and solidity though. When we're getting nothing from these games, there are adjustments to try and proactively fix something and nothing ever seems settled or that we're building momentum.

October 05, 2019, 11:07:27 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We've already burned through our Big Sam appointment.

Now is a big test of how well we're run, do we have an alternative lined up or are we going to be going through the usual list of caretakers..?

October 05, 2019, 11:09:12 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
#WelcomeBackMoyes

You know Kenwright would be up for that. How many caretakers are out there right now? Not many, so unless we've got a plan I'd not be surprised at this point.

October 06, 2019, 10:28:25 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The mention of backroom staff has me thinking...did we lose the mastermind behind Silva? Or at least the guy who translated ideas into action in terms of coaching perhaps?

Joao Pedro Sousa left end of last season and look at us now.

Joao Pedro Sousa's new club FC Famalicao in Portugal have won 6 out of 7 and are currently sitting top of the league.

We currently have Luis Boa Morte whose record isn't proven too.