October 16, 2019, 02:57:42 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126116 times)

October 07, 2019, 12:12:49 AM
Reply #150

KoemansNumberTens

Yes we have had a terrible start, but look at the results this weekend to get some perspective. Spurs lost 3-0 at Brighton, City lost 2-0 at home to Wolves, Newcastle are beating United, West Ham lost at home to Palace. All might be considered shocks, we are not the only team struggling for form.

Sorry if people think I am clutching at straws, but sometimes we do need to step back and look at the wider picture. This league gets stronger by the year, and I haven't ever seen it so competitive (excluding Liverpool and City).

The next 2 league games are absolutely huge for Silva and I believe it will make or break his career with us. West Ham at home is a must win now for him, and he also needs something at Brighton, which will be extremely difficult, otherwise I fear he won't be with us for much longer.

It's not so competitive because it's got stronger. It's competitive because utd Chelsea arsenal and spurs are all much worse than in recent seasons. If Newcastle win we'll be in the bottom 3. We aren't competitive
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:14:10 AM by KoemansNumberTens »

October 07, 2019, 12:24:24 AM
Reply #151

KoemansNumberTens

Doesn't matter if he wins the next two. The problems we are seeing now, have been present since day one.

It's time to accept that this is just who he is. This is just what we're like under him. Sometimes it will go our way, sometimes it won't.

Can't break down a team with a set defence, open on the break, open to set pieces, reliant on crosses and corners for chances.

It is shite football and he's out stayed his welcome, we are wasting valuable time. Every day longer is a blot on Brands' copybook in my opinion.

Agree. The tactics remain the same and it doesn't work. He doesn't need a result or 2. He needs to become a totally different manager.

He's not the right man and he still won't be if we win 2 or 3 on the trot.

October 07, 2019, 01:25:29 AM
Reply #152

KoemansNumberTens

So 9mil to sack him off after paying Watford 2mil compo ? another 11mil mistake.

He's half way through so about 5m of the 9 as he's already had the rest

October 07, 2019, 01:58:27 AM
Reply #153

KoemansNumberTens

Dogs of War saying meeting about silva next week. Definitely staying for the west ham game.

If he’s on the verge what the fuck happens when we waste the international break and West Ham beat us?

October 07, 2019, 11:34:05 PM
Reply #154

KoemansNumberTens

Stats are pretty useless, the league table doesn't lie.

Just noticed our -7 goal difference, fucking shocking!

We’ve scored 6 goals in 8 games. 3 of them were against wolves and 3 in the other 7 games.

Honestly no clue how silva still has a job now. We could (by a miracle) win the next 5 on the trot and he’s still the wrong man for the job.

October 08, 2019, 05:22:33 PM
Reply #155

KoemansNumberTens

https://twitter.com/DAHughes_/status/1181452327678599169

Absolutely mad that he hasn't been able to spot or correct this glaring issue in 2 years.

Based on evidence like this I think he will be gone after the West Ham game if we lose

Why the hell would you change it to a system we clearly can’t use

Is there any evidence that zonal marking is even better when done right. It seems odd to rip up a system you can use have all this upheaval unless it’s somehow a lot better in the longer term