October 16, 2019, 09:13:53 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126079 times)

January 01, 2019, 09:39:25 PM
Reply #870

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
3 windows with the emphasis that it should be crystal clear where we’re going at that point.

In the meantime there’s nothing to worry about really. Just a boring season of middling results and frustrating performances.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 01, 2019, 09:45:01 PM
Reply #871

Mayor Farnum

Harsh to judge Silva at this point but you can form impressions after half a season. It may be all good when his team is in place but at the moment I get the impression that making the best of what's at his disposal is not his strong point.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 01, 2019, 09:48:16 PM
Reply #872

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gotta be honest and say there's not been many plus points so far tbf.

Only if you want to lose sight.

We’ve improved the quality of the squad whilst reducing the age, and wage bill.

We’ve looked a lot better defensively as a unit.

In Richarlison we’ve added a potential superstar.

Going forward we are a lot better and attack as a unit.

There’s been massive improvements in Sigurdsson and Keane.

Spurs game aside we haven’t took any hidings. How many times last season were we completely out the game by half time?

Performances away from home have improved massively and we’ve actually competed with the top teams.

I think people are losing sight at just how bad we’ve been over the last four seasons.

What we’re seeing over the last couple of games is no worse than what’s gone before.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 01, 2019, 09:51:44 PM
Reply #873

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Only if you want to lose sight.

We’ve improved the quality of the squad whilst reducing the age, and wage bill.

We’ve looked a lot better defensively as a unit.

In Richarlison we’ve added a potential superstar.

Going forward we are a lot better and attack as a unit.

There’s been massive improvements in Sigurdsson and Keane.

Spurs game aside we haven’t took any hidings. How many times last season were we completely out the game by half time?

Performances away from home have improved massively and we’ve actually competed with the top teams.

I think people are losing sight at just how bad we’ve been over the last four seasons.

What we’re seeing over the last couple of games is no worse than what’s gone before.

Especially the last bit.

This isn’t a team with a settled side (including Barkley; Lukaku etc).

We’ve finished top 7 once in last 4 years as opposed to only finished outside of top 7 once since 2006 when Martinez took over in 2013.

January 01, 2019, 09:52:19 PM
Reply #874

Lxxx

If we’re assuming January will be quiet, as indicated, what has Silva got in mind to arrest this poor run of form?

It all seems very similar from game to game at the moment, with no real indication as to how we get back to how we started to look in November.

It needs an injection of motivation or something different on the training ground to arrest this slump. Which with four defeats in the last five is what it is.

January 01, 2019, 10:10:22 PM
Reply #875

Waltzer

Well give us something to cheer about! There's not many better atmospheres than a bouncing Goodison. But there is no spark or anything to cheer about at the moment is there?

But we need to give something back, it was like a morgue again today, absolutely nothing. The fans have just as big of a part to play as the players yet our heads go down faster than any other team in the league. I know its not great, but you see the impact a supportive set of fans have on the team at most other matches

January 01, 2019, 10:17:04 PM
Reply #876

hannu

But we need to give something back, it was like a morgue again today, absolutely nothing. The fans have just as big of a part to play as the players yet our heads go down faster than any other team in the league. I know its not great, but you see the impact a supportive set of fans have on the team at most other matches

the argument can be made of why should the fans give something back when the team isnt, good performances would get the crowd going but its hard to get excited when we witness performances like this week in week out

January 01, 2019, 10:18:21 PM
Reply #877

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Today is the worst kick off time in the season but it’s hardly an exception.

We pay ourselves on the back when a “bear pit” atmosphere happens once every 2 years or something.

But generally it’s not a “supportive” atmosphere.

January 01, 2019, 10:21:32 PM
Reply #878

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
the argument can be made of why should the fans give something back when the team isnt, good performances would get the crowd going but its hard to get excited when we witness performances like this week in week out
But you want the players to work there socks off when things is going right... clearly doesn't apply to our fans or ???

January 01, 2019, 10:23:08 PM
Reply #879

Mac934

But you want the players to work there socks off when things is going right... clearly doesn't apply to our fans or ???
The fans give their hard earned cash every time they go through the turnstiles. So, to say we need to give something back doesn't ring true. We already have done. It's the teams and managers responsibility to show the fans something to cheer about.

January 01, 2019, 10:24:27 PM
Reply #880

KoemansNumberTens

They are getting 100k a week  each to work. The fans pay 30 quid to be entertained. There’s no comparison

January 01, 2019, 10:24:49 PM
Reply #881

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
The fans give their hard earned cash every time they go through the turnstiles. So, to say we need to give something back doesn't ring true. We already have done. It's the teams and managers responsibility to show the fans something to cheer about.
I wouldn't call my self a fan with that attitude. Think you should choose the cinema or the theater… We are in it together

January 01, 2019, 10:26:11 PM
Reply #882

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
They are getting 100k a week  each to work. The fans pay 30 quid to be entertained. There’s no comparison
go to the theater if you are only there for the entertaiment.. Buy the way you know its more than 30 quid ??

January 01, 2019, 10:30:12 PM
Reply #883

Lxxx

The fans I imagine are, in the main, just a bit deflated after seeing false dawn after false dawn over the past few years. I’m sure most would love to muster up the enthusiasm to make Goodison rocking again but it’s the hope and expectation that kills you.

January 01, 2019, 10:32:38 PM
Reply #884

Dr. Sponge

We go though the ups and downs with every win and every loss, like normal, but we all know deep down that this season is a freebie for Silva, barring a total disaster.

Get 3 transfer windows behind Brands and Silva to get their own core of players in, get their ideas drilled into the squad and hit the ground running next season. We’ve had an almost completely new team for the last two seasons.

Take the Spurs game out of it and we’ve been losing points to mistakes at the back or lack of quality in front of goal. It’s only really the last two games where we haven’t created anything and that could be down to the amount of games played recently.

I’m annoyed but I’m not overly worried. There’s a few things to do, like find a striker or two, find the best positions for Bernard, Sigurdson etc to play, cut out the mistakes at the back, sign Gomes or a similar playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk