October 23, 2019, 01:34:32 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129160 times)

January 01, 2019, 10:38:56 PM
Reply #885

gizzblue

Created more than them again (I put the stats in the match thread also )...luck is low at the min and we need a forward to get a good run of games imho ....but again for the doubters...
Born not made a blue .

January 01, 2019, 10:41:22 PM
Reply #886

hannu

Created more than them again (I put the stats in the match thread also )...luck is low at the min and we need a forward to get a good run of games imho ....but again for the doubters...

u do realise we only had 2 shots on target, so what exactly are we creating?

January 01, 2019, 10:47:16 PM
Reply #887

gizzblue

:bonk:
u do realise we only had 2 shots on target, so what exactly are we creating?

A fucking dam sight more than any team under Allardyce or Koeman..it's glaringly obvious as my previous post stated we need a forward to get a proper run of games ...
but if  you only read what suits you good day to you. ...every other stat we were on top in that game ...one silly mistake cost us.
Born not made a blue .

January 01, 2019, 10:51:21 PM
Reply #888

markB

A fucking dam sight more than any team under Allardyce or Koeman..it's glaringly obvious as my previous post stated we need a forward to get a proper run of games ...
but if  you only read what suits you good day to you. ...every other stat we were on top in that game ...one silly mistake cost us.

stats and watching it do not line up, are you really happy with are attacking play

January 01, 2019, 10:54:32 PM
Reply #889

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Xg would like up. We were shite but isn’t a massive deal. Not the first time this year wont be the last.

I will say he does have to be aware that any big slides will inevitably make his job a lot harder so he needs to find something functional and pragmatic to get results on the board to have us 7-8th end of the year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 01, 2019, 10:55:51 PM
Reply #890

Dr. Sponge

Our attacks were crap today and against Brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 01, 2019, 10:56:51 PM
Reply #891

hannu

another stat that we came out second best in was goals thats the only stat that counts or does that one not fit your narrative?

January 01, 2019, 10:59:23 PM
Reply #892

gizzblue

stats and watching it do not line up, are you really happy with are attacking play

Like I said earlier ....'twice' ..we are creating we need somebody to start using/taking the chances created simple really ?.....if you sit with blinkers on not 'watching' what's actually happening around you ...yeah we never scored so lost ....but that doesn't tell the full story ,it only feeds the kneejerkers .
Born not made a blue .

January 01, 2019, 11:04:21 PM
Reply #893

gizzblue

another stat that we came out second best in was goals thats the only stat that counts or does that one not fit your narrative?

Typical wum response ....read again we 'are' creating we need a forward...ffs ..do you need it in brail ...as for narrative im a supporter of Everton actually watching a game not just seeing my arse and throwing my toys cos we lost ...so need no narrative thanks . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

January 01, 2019, 11:12:46 PM
Reply #894

Mayor Farnum

Like I said earlier ....'twice' ..we are creating we need somebody to start using/taking the chances created simple really ?.....if you sit with blinkers on not 'watching' what's actually happening around you ...yeah we never scored so lost ....but that doesn't tell the full story ,it only feeds the kneejerkers .

You seem to have a rather generous interpretation of the word chance. If we consider a chance as merely putting the ball into an area where a forward may be standing on another day then it has little relevance. Their 'keeper never dived all day. Chances schmances.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 01, 2019, 11:23:12 PM
Reply #895

BlueNoseMike

You seem to have a rather generous interpretation of the word chance. If we consider a chance as merely putting the ball into an area where a forward may be standing on another day then it has little relevance. Their 'keeper never dived all day. Chances schmances.

A proper goalscorer taps that Bernard cross in.

January 01, 2019, 11:26:34 PM
Reply #896

Lxxx

Probaby an unpopular statement but I’m not seeing much evidence in Silva’s Premier League career to date, over three clubs, that he’s the man we should have gone out on a limb for.

Of course I’d love to be proved wrong but with a talented side, and despite a few areas it’s not as bad as some make out, we still don’t look as if we have much of an idea of what to do to make the move from mid table mediocrity.

He deserves the season minimum due to the investment made in him but the second half of the campaign we need to start seeing some evidence of consistency, in both play and results, regardless of any additions this month.

January 01, 2019, 11:30:28 PM
Reply #897

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Probaby an unpopular statement but I’m not seeing much evidence in Silva’s Premier League career to date, over three clubs, that he’s the man we should have gone out on a limb for.

Of course I’d love to be proved wrong but with a talented side, and despite a few areas it’s not as bad as some make out, we still don’t look as if we have much of an idea of what to do to make the move from mid table mediocrity.

He deserves the season minimum due to the investment made in him but the second half of the campaign we need to start seeing some evidence of consistency, in both play and results, regardless of any additions this month.

He’s looked potentially exciting at clubs that are in total disarray but that’s it.

The point of this project is that we get to see what he’s like when someone gives him time, freedom and money.

We’re not in long enough to say one way or another.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 01, 2019, 11:47:29 PM
Reply #898

BlueBeagle

January 01, 2019, 11:50:12 PM
Reply #899

BlueBeagle

My thoughts exactly from when we were 1st linked, right up until today.