September 23, 2019, 02:52:46 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 107546 times)

September 16, 2019, 06:17:40 PM
Reply #255

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Silva out graffiti on the side of the ground apparently
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2019, 11:41:46 PM
Reply #256

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some fella on twitter reckons silva was a hairs breadth away last season, but the derby performance and form afterwards earned him a stay. Reckons a deal was worked out with his successor, and hinted at a ginger fella... 

Moyes? Dyche? Koeman back?!

I'd keep silva over any of that tbh.

I personally reckon he *might* go this year.. I'd personally wait til. Tuchel gets binbagged by PSG, but I reckon Moshiri would go for Howe you know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2019, 12:39:01 AM
Reply #257

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Struggling to be arsed tbh.

He keeps playing exactly the same set up and just rotating players, just like he did last year. Would like to see a bit of adaptation and flexibility tbh, and away from home he needs to find a way of having a bit of control on the game, these shoot outs relying on individual quality to win out arent taking us anywhere fast.

September 17, 2019, 12:51:23 AM
Reply #258

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's got to be more than coincidence that apart from a two year spell with basically the same team thirty odd years ago we haven't found one top manager.

Moyes was a top manager

September 17, 2019, 03:33:14 AM
Reply #259

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you really? Personally I don’t give a fuck how much we sale players for, I’m only interested in watching the best team possible. We sold Lukaku for 80ish million and spent a large chunk of that and got nothing to date, i know what I’d rather have now and it wouldn’t be the money. it’s all good selling players, but it’s another to bring in adequate replacements to push up the table

Yeah and while we've done one we've never quite done the second bit. I guess that's what Brands is for.

Really short sighted view to say you aren't arsed about getting value for players but... I can understand that it isnt what jazzes you up about football of course. We just want a good weekend and to come away from the game not getting shit rubbed in our faces which unfortunately isn't always the case.

You'd think however that if any fan base should truly understand the damage that can be done by not building the squad effectively and at the right pace, how much damage can be done to the club.

September 17, 2019, 04:13:48 AM
Reply #260

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone still wondering why we went in for Doucoure? Crying out for midfield presence.

And without a striker, we’re pissing in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

He's shite an all tho!

Why are we only scouring players in the prem!

Altho that was clearly a Silva demand like.

September 17, 2019, 08:10:14 PM
Reply #261

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair we did compete. Fairly even game for all the wham about Bournemouths style of play etc.

It was standard silva - shoot out relying on quality and errors, we make the errors we lose, we have a bit more quality we win etc.

No control over the game, despite having lots of the ball we don't create much and are wide open on the break. Another like villa where if you play it again 100 times we win 33 lose 33 draw 33 or whatever.

Edit - same goes for the ones weve won an all to be fair.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:13:57 PM by brap2 »

September 17, 2019, 08:22:08 PM
Reply #262

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So his tactic is to just have better players and hope we don’t make errors. Surely if we pay more for better players we should pay enough for a manager who’s tactics are more than just that

Well, it's my simplistic view of him yeah, and it's on silva to show he's more than that imo. Not just put his hand out and say "Doucoure" in January.

September 18, 2019, 11:46:36 PM
Reply #263

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Has never come back to win a game in the league, phwoar that's a stinker that.

September 21, 2019, 10:47:47 PM
Reply #264

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

September 21, 2019, 10:58:31 PM
Reply #265

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
LOL. Was discussing this with a mate in relation to Brexit.

I don't think this is a good analogy but I'm starting to think Silva has no clue to to turn us into top 6 challengers

Think when you look at silva and what he's done here and the way he's done it and say... No he should get until x because managers deserve games / time whatever.. Its the sunk cost fallacy manifest into what feels like logic or reason.

He's a roller-coaster manager, at his best it's unchained uncontrolled wins that go either way, at his worst he's wide open and getting buggered on the break.

Bad appointment, time to let Brands find his man.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:03:36 PM by brap2 »

September 21, 2019, 11:44:52 PM
Reply #266

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well we've got actually good sides coming up soon so he's going to find himself in a position where he has to do the impossible again.

He managed to save his job last year through some miracle wins against a flagging Chelsea, Arsenal and United. He'd sorted the defence out and was getting enough from quick breaks that we were a functional side who if you slipped against would punish you.

In thst period we still got turned over by an already relegated Fulham like but that's silva.

In my opinion you shouldn't need miracle home wins to snatch 8th or save your job but there we are. Can he do it without Zouma and Gueye, our best defender and midfielder from last year? Increasingly looking like the answer is no.

September 22, 2019, 12:57:53 AM
Reply #267

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Kind of getting sick of the need for potential new manager talk. Why do we never land lucky with these appointments? I'm not totally done with silva possibly because I was working and haven't seen any of today but a two nil loss at home to Sheffield United is diabolical

We never land lucky because you shouldn't have to be lucky with an appointment. You wouldn't want to get lucky with buying a house or a car.

But when you're run the way we've been run, we've lacked the requisite structure and know-how to make sure we get the right guy, and have ended up taking punts on managers that feel hot at that moment.

Hopefully now we have Brands, we've seen the last of that sorta thing. I do say hopefully tho...

If, in a few weeks time we end up replacing Silva with an extremely expensive Eddie Howe, say, then I'll probably pack it in.

September 22, 2019, 01:58:03 AM
Reply #268

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really looking forward to us making the change now.

September 22, 2019, 10:05:05 PM
Reply #269

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A cup exit would probably be enough to be honest.

I'm looking at United there and I'm just thinking... Sooner rather than later so we can give ourself an opportunity at 60+ points, 6th is on for someone this year.

Really looking forward to us changing things. Would love to know Marcels thoughts.