September 19, 2019, 05:52:24 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 103706 times)

January 03, 2019, 05:44:01 PM
Read 103706 times

Thomas

For me he needs to bin off that front 3 formation.

I know its old school and possibly denialism but I'd love to see 442 or 2 forwards up top.

He needs to make subs earlier and find a player to replace Gana who does more than just tackle and block passes. Our fans make Gana sound like Roy Keane. He's ok for where we are but if we want to get better....

Also Silva could rotate the team more. Too rigid with selections and picks the wrong games to rotate.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 19, 2019, 11:36:25 PM
Reply #1

Thomas

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 19, 2019, 11:38:09 PM
Reply #2

Thomas

The plan generally seems to be to pass it slowly across the backline, and either launch it to a striker who isn’t a striker, or gradually work it out wide to cross to that same striker who isn’t a striker and a no.10 that is neither in the box nor tracking back when the opposition inevitably breaks with the ball that they’ve easily recovered from our predictable attempt at an attack.

Has anyone seen that Sunderland documentary on Netflix and the bits with Simon Grayson? Its all positive and they are dead sure his previous style, methods and attitude will infect Sunderland with a bit of class and take them back into the Premier League? Yet it all goes drastically wrong. The same with Chris Coleman. 

I think we need a reality check.

January 20, 2019, 12:26:48 AM
Reply #3

Thomas

I was gonna watch that tonight but I might take a raincheck.

In all seriousness, though, @Thomas we aren’t going to be Sunderland; getting Brands in, and now on the board has convinced me we are going in the right direction.

I was more referring to the Grayson appointment mate.

i.e. seen as the perfect man for the perfect time. The fact it was Sunderland is irrelevant.

They soon found out he hadn't been at that level of club before and it didn't work.

January 20, 2019, 01:28:31 AM
Reply #4

Thomas

Yeah, I realised your angle.

I was just saying that, in my opinion, the acquisition of Brands was the most important one in the summer, and his recent appointment to the board has further strengthened my faith in that.

Could be.

I'm probably over thinking (there's a shock) ........but is him being on the board not a good thing? Transfer independence and all that.

January 20, 2019, 01:33:47 AM
Reply #5

Thomas

Not seen today but leaving Richarlison up front when it clearly isnt working has impacted his form therefore removing our main attacking threat. No one to blame for that other than Silva.

It all kind of feels Steve Watson up front when Richarlison is there. Neither belonged/belong there.

January 30, 2019, 10:58:21 PM
Reply #6

Thomas

Can’t get my head round this, nor the fact we’re 8th after being genuine horse plop for 2 months straight.

Because the EPL is dogshit from about 9th place onwards.

Amazing term btw 'Horse Plop' haha