October 14, 2019, 10:57:55 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125468 times)

January 27, 2019, 01:29:14 AM
Reply #15

markB

I Know were I would put his fucking playbook

January 28, 2019, 07:20:50 PM
Reply #16

markB

Ah yes, lets all blame Sigurdsson for our shortcomings

did you watch that game at the weekend , we had 10 men in the 1st half

January 29, 2019, 05:00:30 AM
Reply #17

markB

Yes I did, had a bad game but he wasn't the worst

you would need to be in the game to have a bad game

February 04, 2019, 10:14:00 PM
Reply #18

markB

Defending set pieces doesn’t seem to be in his playbook

https://twitter.com/Matt_Cheetham/status/1091834300868296706?

but its not him its the players at 3 clubs now lol let give him more time so he can get it to 0.50 that 0.49 is messing with my OCD

February 08, 2019, 09:32:52 PM
Reply #19

markB

Which is all fair enough ...but in reality we hadnt any other options on the bench v city .. ...or for most of the season .

its not just what was on the bench its about when he did make the subs its who he took of and were the subs came on to play

sig on for Walcott and to play on the right would have been a better move in keeping tom playing up there

your a big fan of sig (I don't fucking no why ) but did you see what a bit of pace in the 10 can do for the team with tom (who is not a 10) playing in that role

on a side note has tom got quicker or is that just me seeing that in the last few games

May 09, 2019, 07:06:50 PM
Reply #20

markB

ok some will know I am not his biggest fan but I am warming to him

what will get me over the line with him . well no more playing players that are not doing it (lookman/wallcot) learn a plan b and be quick about it , away set up and results need to get better

took a long time to workout are best 11 to long in my book , but worked it out and now onlys needs to workout how to play away form home

no point going on about signings as that will be more Brands than Marco

I have seen players improve under him not seen that with an Everton managers in a long time

so what are your pros and cons with him and are you like me starting to warm to him (doing this before the last game as 8th or 10th is a big sway for a lot of members)

P.S being better than the last few mangers is not a point of measurement

September 16, 2019, 04:53:09 AM
Reply #21

markB

I guess you can have any old system if you have some sorta superhuman tackle machine racking up league-best level tackles, interceptions and recoveries.

and still lose away form home

September 16, 2019, 09:06:27 PM
Reply #22

markB

Why would they want him out though?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

might be that they see the next one as just as bad

as he plays 4231 every game

September 22, 2019, 08:34:43 PM
Reply #23

markB

2 wins by 1 goal V the 2 teams bottom of the league

going by the look on Bills face during the last game Marco,s time is up

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/everton

he was 10/1 before the last game he is now 6/4 for the chop

September 22, 2019, 08:43:35 PM
Reply #24

markB

I'd still give him time but some things puzzle me.
Sat saw us back to not being able to defend set pieces when I thought we'd sorted that by having clean sheets for quite a few games. The other is we seem to employ managers who are pig headed arrogant and can't see when something doesn't work. Martinez, Koeman, Fat head and now Silva... He's either got to adapt or go.

the club said when we got a DOF in that the manager might change but the style of play would stay the same IE 4231 seems to me they are looking at what Roberto did in his 1st season and thinking it was just bad signings that fucked him up , look at last year away form home 532 burnley was are best away win out of not many wins yes we lost the next game playing it but 2 players were missing that game and we went back to 4231 the rest of the season

September 28, 2019, 06:32:02 PM
Reply #25

markB

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/marcel-keizer-sporting-tactical-analysis-statistics

never mind Sporting being link with Marco what Marcel Keizer did with that team last year was unreal after all the crap that went on with players leaving for free that summer before he singed I hope are Marcel has his number

all that aside if the Sig is undroppable then playing him in the same role as Bruno Fernandes and not having Richarlison stuck to far out on the right would work far better for us