October 18, 2019, 05:49:37 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 127090 times)

January 02, 2019, 06:04:44 PM
Read 127090 times

UnsyisaRhino

Silva’s biggest problem is Sigurdsson for me.

In the 4-2-3-1 that we’re playing the number 10 needs to be demanding the ball and dictating play, and that’s not who Sigurdsson is. He’s obviously a very good player but he works best by drifting in and out of games and being on the end of a move rather than the creator.

I don’t think Silva is flexible enough to build a system that works with Sigurdsson, but I also don’t think he has the balls to drop a player that cost that much.

We’ll continue to be ineffective, but Sigurdsson’s individual stats will look good as they have done for his whole career.

He needs someone who can play the pass into him when he finds space, or makes the run in behind....and since losing Barry we haven't had a midfielder who can do it.

January 02, 2019, 06:09:57 PM
Reply #1

UnsyisaRhino

I thought kenny actually moved the ball a bit quicker than Coleman has been, and he was a bit more proactive about moving the ball forwards.

Coleman has fallen into a terrible pattern of taking 3 touches instead of one, and then playing back to Keane. Oh and then complaining about not having any options.

January 03, 2019, 12:55:18 AM
Reply #2

UnsyisaRhino

It's a slight case of rose tinted glasses with Kenny because Coleman has been so laborious.

Although he did play the ball faster, Kenny had the worse pass accuracy on the pitch at something like 34%.

That stats lower than I would have guessed for sure, wonder what his passing stats where like compared to Coleman in terms of crosses and passes around the 18 yard box.

Is there anywhere that has that kind of info?

January 03, 2019, 11:56:19 PM
Reply #3

UnsyisaRhino

Feel like Sigurdsson is getting a bit of harsh criticsm on here at the moment. I lost count of the times he made a run or found space at the weekend only for someone to play a safer pass.

Only Bernard and maybe lookman seem able to play the ball into him in dangerous areas, everyone else plays safe or takes too long to look up...and as we don't go direct to the striker for him to lay it off...He's starved of possession.

April 28, 2019, 04:44:19 AM
Reply #4

UnsyisaRhino

Unlucky or not the end result is still the same. We’re still not clinical enough.

The entire team was wasteful in the final third though, it's not like dom even had one clear cut chance from what I can remember

May 10, 2019, 03:17:46 AM
Reply #5

UnsyisaRhino

I think you have to factor in the mental state of the players and club as a whole when he came in. The biggest change we've seen this season is the mental strength and confidence within the team.

He has to take some credit for digging us out of the pit koeman/Walsh and fathead put us in. He didnt have a neutral start...he was playing catch up from day 1.

We now look resilient and that's an important foundation we can build on.

September 16, 2019, 01:31:18 AM
Reply #6

UnsyisaRhino

Keane has always been the same.

If things are going well and we're winning games and have a solid shape then he's absolutely fine and looks quality. First sign of anything going untoward and he loses the plot.

100% right and unfortunately, looking at today's game he's far from the only one.