September 15, 2019, 04:45:21 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 98757 times)

May 10, 2019, 03:38:08 AM
Reply #240

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much expected,  but it is going to be massively skewed by the form and style while the team were getting used to Silva's demands. Is there one that covers the last 3rd of the season? That's probably what we should expect next season.

Think form and style while they adapt is his job too to be fair. I understand there would be speed bumps but I expect him to manage it and better than he did.

Not comparative like this I'm afraid, I guess this is more 'how have we been this season' than like a temperature check of shorter term form, but I do agree like we'd come out better definitely.

I don't think end of season reflects what we should expect unfortunately, particularly results wise, but you'd assume we've ended up closer to what Silva wants.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2019, 01:08:58 AM
Reply #241

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/TiagoEstv/status/1139921290096185344?s=19

Good insight on his tactics in this interview translated from Portuguese. Imagine getting this insight in English media, especially of Everton.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2019, 03:03:52 AM
Reply #242

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He also says in the next tweet...

''Silva also confirmed the club is trying to sign Zouma and André Gomes on permanent deals. He seems to really like Gomes' commitment in practice, ''tactical understanding'' and ability to play different midfield roles. To each their own, I suppose''

Yeah saw that.

Good news about Zouma.

This guy tiago has a bit of a long standing anti Gomes thing.

June 16, 2019, 03:46:53 AM
Reply #243

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds familiar ;)

I like Gomes!

His assist was great. His goal was even better.

June 17, 2019, 10:46:49 PM
Reply #244

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Brilliant, your Richarlison had all the subtlety of a sledge-hammer while this one is delivered with underhand grace. A tactical masterclass!

Haha I actually love Richarlison, best business the club has done in some time.

I don't feel the need to sugar coat anything with our players though, if they need to improve somewhere they need to improve somewhere. My opinion still just my opinion too, would rather be proven wrong than be miserable but right!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:55:17 PM by brap2 »

August 01, 2019, 01:52:16 AM
Reply #245

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

August 24, 2019, 09:49:12 PM
Reply #246

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair silva seems to have clearly identified flaws and aimed to address them, all our summer  signings are totally different from what we already have. I agree he needs to be getting more out of what we have but he seems to have tightened up the defence compared to last year for a start and I'm hoping the new players will phase out the likes of Schneiderlin and give Sigurddsson a real threat to his place, even Coleman might find he is benched if he doesn't improve Silva has shown he can make those sorts of decisions on occasion.

One thing I don't like is that he talks alot about what is wrong but then doesn't actually do anything about it?

Moves personel around but keeps the 4231 with Gylfi in the 10. Keeps the plodding 2 in midfield.
I

August 26, 2019, 05:55:30 AM
Reply #247

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

August 26, 2019, 08:47:13 PM
Reply #248

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think describing at a result by result thing is unfair tbh.

September 01, 2019, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #249

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think its a new tweak seems to have come about maybe end of villa game / midweek?

Sigurdsson is pulling deeper or wider rather than standing on the edge of the box.

Not sure what's allowing him to do it structurally or if he's just doing it, but it worked well today I think.