August 22, 2019, 03:54:05 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 94130 times)

January 07, 2019, 08:27:10 PM
Reply #1050

Lxxx

My point is, let's not let the vultures become the majority voice at the club. Let's call them out when they're being short-termist, reactionary knobheads.

Yeh I get that, but there comes a point when the media become vultures too, they love to cause trouble and create a headline. Then it becomes harder to keep a lid on.

January 07, 2019, 08:27:41 PM
Reply #1051

Bluedylan

I mean, I agree sure but that’s not real life is it?

It’s also perfectly understandable that your regular common and garden fan is frustrated as well - this attitude of like question it then you’re a knob is just as unhelpful I think.

To be honest I think it’s just how you’re taking your own frustrations out.

I've not said 'question it and you're a knob' though, have I? I'm saying people trot out the cliches about giving something time and letting a manager build something, but it only takes one defeat for that to immediately go out of the window. It's empty and empty-headed.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 07, 2019, 08:34:29 PM
Reply #1052

KoemansNumberTens

Plain to see some posters still pining for the rotund one  lolol

seems they just can't wait for failure ,so they can be justified .. sad really from some our own alleged 'supoorters'...term used very lightly .

If you want to see the positive steps they are there ...shipped out the older squad members , actually have a really young squad base now ,trying to play a more progressive brand of football ...going into every match trying to win (not giving up before we get there) the games....been really unlucky against the teams above us so far ...for 90 mins went toe to toe with the redshite at their own bus stop .....and this is just after one window .
And still with half the shite squad we were left with from 3 shite managers .

Which games have we been really unlucky in. We were second best in every game against the top 6. Doesn't strike me as really unlucky. Think at best could argue we deserved a point at anfield but then we probably deserved to lose to Chelsea too

It's not pining for the last manage. Just wanting the progress to be less mythical and more real. We'll probably finish lower and with less points and half this forum will say that shit sandwich is really bacon.
Sure you were 1 who claimed any idiot could manage last season's squad to 7th

January 07, 2019, 08:35:45 PM
Reply #1053

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've not said 'question it and you're a knob' though, have I? I'm saying people trot out the cliches about giving something time and letting a manager build something, but it only takes one defeat for that to immediately go out of the window. It's empty and empty-headed.

You know that wasn’t a direct quote like, I mean the general mien of your attitude towards it. What do you expect? People are unhappy and they’re going to respond to the performances.

Like I agree the meffs on Facebook and twitter who think sacking him will help in the slightest are to be ignored but like, people ARE going to respond to the level of performance we’ve seen so far, fully in the rights to as well.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2019, 08:43:42 PM
Reply #1054

Shogun

Administrator
I agree, but he needs to find a somewhat pragmatic way to get points on the board to avoid unnecessary media chatter or fan nervousness.

If we land lower than maybe 8th the vultures will circle and that’s the last thing the club needs.

Yeah maybe, I don’t know.

Can only think it’s better to keep his philosophy going and get the players that can play it used to it rather than be pragmatic.

Assuming he has full backing of Moshiri/Brands as you can pretty much shut out the naysayers with two or three decent results anyway no matter how bad things get (as long we we don’t end up in a relegation fight).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:44:47 PM by Shogun »
I never claimed to be a saint

January 07, 2019, 08:45:04 PM
Reply #1055

Lxxx

We might still finish 7th but in all likelihood about 20+ points behind 6th. I haven’t checked the table but we’re probably about as close to 6th as we are to relegation. In a year where the team in 6th have, in the main, suffered an implosion.

We are progressing in the fact we’ve got a higher standard of player in but it’s also fair to say there are teething problems bedding them into a workable system. It’s perfectly reasonable as fans to assess and judge as we progress on the journey whilst having the bigger picture in mind.

January 07, 2019, 08:49:54 PM
Reply #1056

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm a little worried about what looks like a lack of an actual plan a or plan a not working with these players but in general every player we signed this summer has been an improvement, 2 further windows like that and players who can work plan a then sound, if we still can't work that plan this time next year then you've gotta think it's time
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2019, 08:53:17 PM
Reply #1057

Bluedylan

You know that wasn’t a direct quote like, I mean the general mien of your attitude towards it. What do you expect? People are unhappy and they’re going to respond to the performances.

Like I agree the meffs on Facebook and twitter who think sacking him will help in the slightest are to be ignored but like, people ARE going to respond to the level of performance we’ve seen so far, fully in the rights to as well.

I wouldn't expect you to agree. This may well be a fault of the internet creating a false impression, but you're one of the biggest stressheads I've ever come into regular contact with.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

January 07, 2019, 08:54:47 PM
Reply #1058

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Around eighteen months is the first time judgements should be made imo, barring an absolute implosion of course.

He’ll have more of his players in and would’ve had ample time to get this team playing to a consistent standard.

If by December next season we find ourselves in the same position, asking the same questions, then that’s the first time pressure should be put on the manager.

Even then I’m not sure calling for his head achieves anything.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 07, 2019, 09:00:39 PM
Reply #1059

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't expect you to agree. This may well be a fault of the internet creating a false impression, but you're one of the biggest stressheads I've ever come into regular contact with.

You’re the one on here saying people can fuck off etc. You really don’t like being talked back to, do you?

Really dunno where some of yous get that impression of me, but you’re not the first. Like I say I do think some of this is just you taking out your own frustrations. 
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2019, 09:31:16 PM
Reply #1060

Bluedylan

You’re the one on here saying people can fuck off etc. You really don’t like being talked back to, do you?

Really dunno where some of yous get that impression of me, but you’re not the first. Like I say I do think some of this is just you taking out your own frustrations. 

Talk to me how you want. I still think you're a massive stresshead where Everton are concerned. Like I say, it might be a false impression created by the internet, which I accept.

I'm more criticising an attitude and an approach, rather than individuals. So I apologise if it came across as 'x' or 'y' can fuck off. I didn't intend that. I meant to say 'x attitude' or 'y attitude' can fuck off, referring to people saying they accept it needs a fair bit of time to be judged, and then one defeat and all the toys are out of the pram. 

January 07, 2019, 09:57:43 PM
Reply #1061

Macca77

Let's give Silva some time before completely writing him off eh, he's only been in the job for 6 months ffs.

January 07, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
Reply #1062

Martip

Out of interest are there many people calling for Silvas head ? I've not see any I don't think but plenty who have their concerns that things haven't move on as anticipated given the quality at his disposal.

As has been stated previously, no manager gets an indefinite amount of time to turn things around and at some point things will need to improve as the last month has been horrific.

The issue lies with everyone's opinion around how long is acceptable because it's not an exact science but like I said earlier I've heard no shouts of replacung him now.

January 07, 2019, 10:15:09 PM
Reply #1063

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Talk to me how you want. I still think you're a massive stresshead where Everton are concerned. Like I say, it might be a false impression created by the internet, which I accept.

I'm more criticising an attitude and an approach, rather than individuals. So I apologise if it came across as 'x' or 'y' can fuck off. I didn't intend that. I meant to say 'x attitude' or 'y attitude' can fuck off, referring to people saying they accept it needs a fair bit of time to be judged, and then one defeat and all the toys are out of the pram. 

I know you do, your POV towards me is pretty clear. Shame really cause I think we agree on a lot of stuff.

That’s fair. Again I think we broadly agree the head the balls calling for drastic measures should be sectioned.

January 07, 2019, 10:24:57 PM
Reply #1064

Bluedylan

I know you do, your POV towards me is pretty clear. Shame really cause I think we agree on a lot of stuff.

That’s fair. Again I think we broadly agree the head the balls calling for drastic measures should be sectioned.

Some of the people I love most in the world are stressheads. It wasn’t intended as a massive insult with some kind of moral judgement attached, more an observation.

I think sometimes that stressiness and hyper-analysis isn’t particularly helpful in trying to create an environment of long term thinking, but that’s just my opinion. Nowt bad though.

You’re sound, witty and intelligent. That’s what I think of you.