March 27, 2019, 12:08:33 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 75981 times)

January 13, 2019, 10:47:29 PM
Reply #1215

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It’s another goal that doesn’t really make a difference though.

He needs to start making an actual impact in games.

Attacking subs tend to get a tangible boost to their stats, but I don’t think you can say that really. Maybe he needs to start performing from the off when he starts or rather than just in an open raggedy last 5.

I think he’s right on course to be a really good player tbh. Yeah I’d love it if he was able to step up and be the number nine for the whole season, but he’s not there yet like. End of the day he linked up well then finds the onion bag.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 13, 2019, 10:49:35 PM
Reply #1216

Lxxx

It’s another goal that doesn’t really make a difference though.

He needs to start making an actual impact in games.

He's not first choice standard though. He'll only ever be a squad player at best, which isn't a disgrace and if he gets you near enough double figures every season it's better than most squad players in the league, especially the young ones.

Once we get a proper first choice striker and get rid of Tosun and Niasse he'll be a great support forward. Probably happy to be one too. 

January 13, 2019, 10:52:35 PM
Reply #1217

Bob Sacamano

I keep going back to age though. Even proper on their way to the very top players like Gabs Jesus, Sane (to a lesser extent) and Rashford vanish without a trace when they stop contributing and their manager is able to play a more experienced frontman in their place.

Time, coaching, patience, trust.

January 13, 2019, 10:58:47 PM
Reply #1218

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I like him myself.

He lost me at the Leicester game a bit though.

I want to see him scoring goals to win/draw games.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 13, 2019, 11:04:33 PM
Reply #1219

cantoffee

Big fan of his.

All the physical tools to make it and seems to have at least some of the technical ability.

Better finishing and getting into better positions would do him a world of good.

Will probably score close to double figures this year which is a good return for 21 year old who doesnt start regularly.

Sent from my SM-G950W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 13, 2019, 11:06:35 PM
Reply #1220

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It’s not easy being a central striker.

It takes a bit of nous that you only get with experience.

It was good for him to score today as while it was right at the end it’ll still build confidence.

January 14, 2019, 01:42:11 AM
Reply #1221

Dr. Sponge

Richarlison’s play acting is really grating on me now. Silva needs to have a word, it’s going against him more often than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 14, 2019, 01:44:41 AM
Reply #1222

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison’s play acting is really grating on me now. Silva needs to have a word, it’s going against him more often than not.

Gets fuck all off the refs though.

Needs to be some middle ground. Their centre halves had two arms around him constantly and not once did they get pulled up.

It gave that carthorse Steve cook free reign to start booting him everywhere
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 14, 2019, 01:47:00 AM
Reply #1223

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Gets fuck all off the refs though.

Needs to be some middle ground. Their centre halves had two arms around him constantly and not once did they get pulled up.

It gave that carthorse Steve cook free reign to start booting him everywhere

Always enjoy massive grocks like Cook who then collapse in a heap themselves trying to get people sent off.

Never gets picked up, but if someone waves a card the football morality police are straight out :)

January 14, 2019, 01:51:03 AM
Reply #1224

gizzblue

in past games has annoyed me with his flopping about .....but today I thought it was harsh on him tbh ....Anthony Taylor gave us or him sweet fuck all today ...the whole  our five to their none yellows tells it's own story .
Born not made a blue .

January 14, 2019, 02:33:25 AM
Reply #1225

TheTone

Fairly certain if Richarlison played for any of the top six, especially you know who,he'd get a lot more freekicks and yellows given to the opposing player

January 14, 2019, 02:41:57 AM
Reply #1226

Dr. Sponge

I’m in agreement with some others now, that Sigurdson’s starting position needs to be deeper. It’s harder for us to get a foothold without a third man.

January 14, 2019, 01:18:54 PM
Reply #1227

eyesalwaysblue

I’m in agreement with some others now, that Sigurdson’s starting position needs to be deeper. It’s harder for us to get a foothold without a third man.

Got away with it yesterday but midfield needs massive re think or we'll get over run more often than not in a  lot of coming games, we have the players to make it better though, big test for the boss.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 19, 2019, 10:28:42 PM
Reply #1228

BlueBeagle

With every week that goes by, the "We're improving because we tried to play against the big sides" holds less and less water when we're either getting turned over or just scraping past all the dross in the league

January 19, 2019, 10:54:56 PM
Reply #1229

Lazarou

Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018