March 24, 2019, 04:48:36 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 75663 times)

January 19, 2019, 10:59:18 PM
Reply #1230

Lxxx

Feels a bit like that doesn't it. Out thought tactically again. Although I use the term loosely.

January 19, 2019, 11:03:29 PM
Reply #1231

Lazarou

Feels a bit like that doesn't it. Out thought tactically again. Although I use the term loosely.

I've seen nothing yet to suggest he can set up a team for different opponents. In game management consists of throwing forwards on when losing or defenders on when winning it's not exactly groundbreaking.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

January 19, 2019, 11:04:57 PM
Reply #1232

sam of the south

The plan generally seems to be to pass it slowly across the backline, and either launch it to a striker who isn’t a striker, or gradually work it out wide to cross to that same striker who isn’t a striker and a no.10 that is neither in the box nor tracking back when the opposition inevitably breaks with the ball that they’ve easily recovered from our predictable attempt at an attack.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:06:01 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 19, 2019, 11:12:54 PM
Reply #1233

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Cba discussing this fella any longer to be honest. Had enough if buts and maybes.

For me, its on him to make a case for himself between now and the summer as I’d personally be looking for the next guy now.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2019, 11:26:00 PM
Reply #1234

D3blue

Cba discussing this fella any longer to be honest. Had enough if buts and maybes.

For me, its on him to make a case for himself between now and the summer as I’d personally be looking for the next guy now.

I have to agree.  I was neutral about his appointment but he hasn't cut it for me...he has had money to spend and to be fair he has bought well,  but he hasn't bought wisely.  We really don't seem to have any backbone and we haven't got a reliable striker, major failings

January 19, 2019, 11:36:25 PM
Reply #1235

Thomas

Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 19, 2019, 11:38:09 PM
Reply #1236

Thomas

The plan generally seems to be to pass it slowly across the backline, and either launch it to a striker who isn’t a striker, or gradually work it out wide to cross to that same striker who isn’t a striker and a no.10 that is neither in the box nor tracking back when the opposition inevitably breaks with the ball that they’ve easily recovered from our predictable attempt at an attack.

Has anyone seen that Sunderland documentary on Netflix and the bits with Simon Grayson? Its all positive and they are dead sure his previous style, methods and attitude will infect Sunderland with a bit of class and take them back into the Premier League? Yet it all goes drastically wrong. The same with Chris Coleman. 

I think we need a reality check.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 19, 2019, 11:50:00 PM
Reply #1237

TheTone

Has anyone seen that Sunderland documentary on Netflix and the bits with Simon Grayson? Its all positive and they are dead sure his previous style, methods and attitude will infect Sunderland with a bit of class and take them back into the Premier League? Yet it all goes drastically wrong. The same with Chris Coleman. 

Sunderland?  lolol c'mon now, settle down

January 20, 2019, 12:15:45 AM
Reply #1238

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I think you need a reality check mate.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 20, 2019, 12:23:22 AM
Reply #1239

sam of the south

I was gonna watch that tonight but I might take a raincheck.

In all seriousness, though, @Thomas we aren’t going to be Sunderland; getting Brands in, and now on the board has convinced me we are going in the right direction.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 20, 2019, 12:26:16 AM
Reply #1240

Ramjam

With respect Thomas, we got a reality check today

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 20, 2019, 12:26:48 AM
Reply #1241

Thomas

I was gonna watch that tonight but I might take a raincheck.

In all seriousness, though, @Thomas we aren’t going to be Sunderland; getting Brands in, and now on the board has convinced me we are going in the right direction.

I was more referring to the Grayson appointment mate.

i.e. seen as the perfect man for the perfect time. The fact it was Sunderland is irrelevant.

They soon found out he hadn't been at that level of club before and it didn't work.

January 20, 2019, 12:34:19 AM
Reply #1242

Macca77

Ridiculous comparison, you're trying to hard now

January 20, 2019, 12:39:33 AM
Reply #1243

Martip

Ive beeen out all day so no idea how we played....did we deserve to lose again?

January 20, 2019, 12:39:41 AM
Reply #1244

Mayor Farnum

Ridiculous comparison, you're trying to hard now

I don't think he's making a comparison; just pointing out that all new managers benefit from an 'Emperor's new clothes' syndrome.