October 21, 2019, 12:09:23 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 128387 times)

January 20, 2019, 12:42:37 AM
Reply #1245

Ramjam

Ive beeen out all day so no idea how we played....did we deserve to lose again?
Shit as usual

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 20, 2019, 12:44:09 AM
Reply #1246

Martip

Shit as usual

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
[/qu :headbang:ote
]

January 20, 2019, 12:57:00 AM
Reply #1247

eyesalwaysblue

Feels a bit like that doesn't it. Out thought tactically again. Although I use the term loosely.
Perfect post..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 01:05:04 AM
Reply #1248

sam of the south

I was more referring to the Grayson appointment mate.

i.e. seen as the perfect man for the perfect time. The fact it was Sunderland is irrelevant.

They soon found out he hadn't been at that level of club before and it didn't work.

Yeah, I realised your angle.

I was just saying that, in my opinion, the acquisition of Brands was the most important one in the summer, and his recent appointment to the board has further strengthened my faith in that.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 01:15:48 AM
Reply #1249

Ross

Think he’s spilt something on it and the pages  stuck together on this foolish idea that Richarlison is a central striker.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 20, 2019, 01:18:30 AM
Reply #1250

Martip

Think he’s spilt something on it and the pages  stuck together on this foolish idea that Richarlison is a central striker.
Not seen today but leaving Richarlison up front when it clearly isnt working has impacted his form therefore removing our main attacking threat. No one to blame for that other than Silva.

January 20, 2019, 01:20:26 AM
Reply #1251

SANA_DR0

playbook seems,, play 5 attackers, 1 holding mid, if that doesn't work put on more attackers,,, then he says we don't show fight.
well then pick players you see in training that show the fight you talk of.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 01:24:39 AM
Reply #1252

Ross

Not seen today but leaving Richarlison up front when it clearly isnt working has impacted his form therefore removing our main attacking threat. No one to blame for that other than Silva.

It seems to getting worse as well which makes leaving him there more and more peculiar.

If it was improving or showing signs of improvement you’d be okay and see it as a short term loss for long term gain but this is just looking like sheer pigheadedness.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 20, 2019, 01:28:31 AM
Reply #1253

Thomas

Yeah, I realised your angle.

I was just saying that, in my opinion, the acquisition of Brands was the most important one in the summer, and his recent appointment to the board has further strengthened my faith in that.

Could be.

I'm probably over thinking (there's a shock) ........but is him being on the board not a good thing? Transfer independence and all that.

January 20, 2019, 01:29:26 AM
Reply #1254

eyesalwaysblue

It seems to getting worse as well which makes leaving him there more and more peculiar.

If it was improving or showing signs of improvement you’d be okay and see it as a short term loss for long term gain but this is just looking like sheer pigheadedness.
It's not his fault again though.......
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 01:31:32 AM
Reply #1255

sam of the south

Could be.

I'm probably over thinking (there's a shock) ........but is him being on the board not a good thing? Transfer independence and all that.

Well, he’s a proven success as a DOF and a ‘football man’, which we’ve desperately needed on the board
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 01:33:47 AM
Reply #1256

Thomas

It all kind of feels Steve Watson up front when Richarlison is there. Neither belonged/belong there.

January 20, 2019, 01:44:08 AM
Reply #1257

Paddockoldie

I'll keep my powder dry until he mentions phenomenonal. I'd plat DCL in centre and Richarlison on the left. Rest Siggy and put Bernard in the 10...at least as an option.

January 20, 2019, 07:50:27 AM
Reply #1258

kramer0

I just think he looks like a bit of a mug at the moment.

He's spent over a month messing around with every part of the team except the midfield. None of the tweaks have worked.

I realize that football management is a tricky thing and that it's easy for those of us on the outside to propose solutions when we don't really understand the inner workings of the club but it still seems really obvious what he needs to change.

January 20, 2019, 08:31:41 AM
Reply #1259

Shogun

Administrator
I’d be a lot more critical if his best striker wasn’t a 21 year old.

Look at Chelsea. They’ve got one of the best players around in Hazard with the likes of Willian and Pedro ahead of probably the most solid midfield trio in the league behind them. We’ve also seen that Sarri’s previous teams have played great football and scored freely.

Despite all that, they’re not a high scoring team and they’ve been struggling since Hazard’s form dropped which is largely because they don’t have a striker that meets the standard.

And that’s with Morata and Giroud as options, their equivalent to DCL would be Tammy Abraham (out on loan in the championship most recently).

I’m sure Brands recognises this and people can moan as much as they want but Silva isn’t close to going anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:09:24 AM by Shogun »