September 23, 2019, 02:42:35 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 107543 times)

Faceatthefence, Macca77, Hawkandro and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 21, 2019, 04:10:35 AM
Reply #1305

KoemansNumberTens

I think we’ll stick with him and let him start next season. I think we have to because we can’t afford more change and upheaval.
However make no mistake so far he’s doing a terrible job.
System is shite and he appears to be making most of the individuals worse

January 21, 2019, 04:53:56 AM
Reply #1306

Everton Mint

Had my doubts about Silva from the start.

He didnt inspire me and nor did his record with Hull and Watford.

Another reason is his nationality. On holidays there I found the Portuguse are a strange lot and can be quite sullen.  They seem to take things very badly when they dont go well.

And for football examples, look at Ronaldo or Mourinho. Absolutely great while things are going their way, but very sulky and moody when they arent.

I believe Everton would really thrive better with a British manager.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 21, 2019, 06:24:29 AM
Reply #1307

arteta4spain

Another reason is his nationality. On holidays there I found the Portuguse are a strange lot and can be quite sullen.  They seem to take things very badly when they dont go well.

And for football examples, look at Ronaldo or Mourinho. Absolutely great while things are going their way, but very sulky and moody when they arent.

Eddie Howe? 🤦‍♂️

January 21, 2019, 06:54:44 AM
Reply #1308

Bluerin

Are you Big Sam?

January 21, 2019, 07:45:06 AM
Reply #1309

American Evertonian

I would be shocked if we fire him before he at least gets 10 games next season. If we didn't have Brands I would be more worried. I just hope Silva can diversify his tactics because we look absolutely clueless going forward. A lot of our players are almost unrecognizable from earlier in the season.
Are we there yet?

January 21, 2019, 11:45:27 AM
Reply #1310

Bluedylan

Wow.

What utter nonsense.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 21, 2019, 12:21:12 PM
Reply #1311

TSGun

Wow.

What utter nonsense.
It's far more than that and sincere respect for being so kind in response.

Besides the racial prejudice I really can't get over the quote, "They seem to take things very badly when they dont go well". How can anyone seriously suggest that without the slightest hint of what they're actually doing and/or how they're behaving themselves.

I'm a strong advocate for freedom of speech but sometimes...

January 21, 2019, 12:53:19 PM
Reply #1312

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ha love the stereotyping of Portugal there. Top stuff

January 21, 2019, 12:56:40 PM
Reply #1313

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Fucking hell.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 21, 2019, 01:08:18 PM
Reply #1314

Lxxx

You’re right. I haven seen such a dull, uninspiring side as Wolves for quite some time.

January 21, 2019, 01:19:55 PM
Reply #1315

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How’s he been upsetting the Portuguese while on holiday that’s what I wanna know 😂
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 21, 2019, 01:58:05 PM
Reply #1316

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

Wow.

Have you really just stereotyped an entire nationality based on your small sample of anecdotal bullshit?

And then you advocate a British manager, so based on your own logic Neil Warnock's British. Big Fat Sam is British. Therefore, British people are corrupt xenophobes, so with a squad of overseas players, we shouldn't really appoint a British manager.

January 21, 2019, 02:22:44 PM
Reply #1317

Gash

Global Moderator
Haha, so we should sack Silva because Everton Mint was on holiday in Portugal once and found a pube in his soup and the waiter wasn't chuffed when he complained about it.

January 21, 2019, 03:42:23 PM
Reply #1318

sam of the south

Great site, lads
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 21, 2019, 04:14:11 PM
Reply #1319

Mayor Farnum

10 games into next season puts us back to below square one. I think our current uncertainty has a lot to do with the timing of Koeman's sacking. Let's not be looking for a manager mid-season again.
Something clever written by someone else.