October 20, 2019, 01:41:42 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 127965 times)

January 21, 2019, 04:16:03 PM
Reply #1320

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
10 games into next season puts us back to below square one. I think our current uncertainty has a lot to do with the timing of Koeman's sacking. Let's not be looking for a manager mid-season again.

No, I’d be hopeful brands has his list of replacements ready for the summer tbh. Not a case of pulling the trigger too soon just, if what he’s shown so far is just how he is as a coach then there’s no need to waste time and put ourselves in danger of another midseason change. 
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 21, 2019, 04:20:55 PM
Reply #1321

Macca77

8 points from our last 10 games, how fucking shocking is that

January 21, 2019, 04:24:23 PM
Reply #1322

Ramjam

8 points from our last 10 games, how fucking shocking is that
Truely shocking but when you say 3 points off 7th it puts a different perspective on it

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 21, 2019, 04:50:22 PM
Reply #1323

NickNack

My view of this season was I wasn’t too worried where we finished (within reason) but that we showed signs of improving our style of play with a view to kicking on next season.

I think we started off ok, and 96th minute apart was impressed with how we had a go at the shite. Since then performances seem to have dropped alarmingly and I’m seeing little difference between the last couple of seasons and our recent performances.

I hope Silva can turn this around and quick - changing yet another manager is the last thing we need. He needs to be given time but at the same time there has to be some level of improvement over recent seasons. The team have shown they’re better than recent performances so it’s up to Marco to sort it out.

January 21, 2019, 04:57:02 PM
Reply #1324

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This is what happened with Watford but they ended up getting rid.

There were enough good signs prior to December for me to know he can get it right, but results have to start improving. 

Since December it’s been a fundamental collapse in all departments of the team.

No midfield, no striker, and no solidity at the back.

He has to change something. Gomes and Sigurdsson need to be dropped, at least one of them to control the midfield.

Richarlison can’t play up top.

And the 4-2-4 system as a whole is a mess.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 21, 2019, 05:03:24 PM
Reply #1325

stirlingblue

Haha, so we should sack Silva because Everton Mint was on holiday in Portugal once and found a pube in his soup and the waiter wasn't chuffed when he complained about it.

Let’s be honest, he probably wasn’t even in Portugal proper, more likely a bit of Portugal which is basically Sunny Britain like the Algarve.

January 21, 2019, 05:08:13 PM
Reply #1326

Waltzer

This is what happened with Watford but they ended up getting rid.

There were enough good signs prior to December for me to know he can get it right, but results have to start improving. 

Since December it’s been a fundamental collapse in all departments of the team.

No midfield, no striker, and no solidity at the back.

He has to change something. Gomes and Sigurdsson need to be dropped, at least one of them to control the midfield.

Richarlison can’t play up top.

And the 4-2-4 system as a whole is a mess.

I do think there are issues and it appears that hes trying to fit the best 11 players in a team regardless of whether they're playing in their best positions. I was all for playing Richarlison upfront, but it doesnt seem to work, but the other options arent good either, likewise in centre midfield. Its difficult to no where to start with this lot.
I might even give Sig a go up top with Bernard just in behind, Richarlison on the left, Lookman right and 2 holding midfielders and give Gomes a few games off?

January 21, 2019, 05:21:47 PM
Reply #1327

Jamokachi

We need to give it time though, the point can't be stressed enough.

In that squad there's Moyes players, Martinez players, Koeman players, Allardyce players and now Silva players. He's had half a season to work with all of them, and that isn't long enough in the slightest.

Things might look bad during this run of form but we can't keep re-setting every few months. We have to play the long game.

January 21, 2019, 05:25:53 PM
Reply #1328

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need to give it time though, the point can't be stressed enough.

In that squad there's Moyes players, Martinez players, Koeman players, Allardyce players and now Silva players. He's had half a season to work with all of them, and that isn't long enough in the slightest.

Things might look bad during this run of form but we can't keep re-setting every few months. We have to play the long game.

He’s got the rest of the season to show something. And I do mean something, like, almost anything.

But I wouldn’t let us get into next year playing like this.

Hanging on too long is what we did with Moyes, Martinez and Koeman imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 21, 2019, 05:27:11 PM
Reply #1329

Jamokachi

I'd agree, but this is some next level impatience.

January 21, 2019, 05:36:52 PM
Reply #1330

KoemansNumberTens

Don’t think anyone has suggested we sack him. We are in a very difficult position in that we really need some stability but at the same time he’s doing very little to show he’s the right man.

Way too many glaring mistakes in the teams he picks for me. Get rid of Keane and play Mina. Get rid of sigurdsson and play Bernard in his position. Play richarlison in Bernard’s instead of upfront where he’s poor and completely wasted. Play a striker up front. I’d be happy for Gomes to be dropped too. For Davies or McCarthy. Least have the basics of a little fight then.

The midfield he’s currently playing is horrendous. Then we don’t play a forward either. It’s vile shite

January 21, 2019, 05:40:01 PM
Reply #1331

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd agree, but this is some next level impatience.

I know, I can completely understand that POV & my opinion has generally been that we need to see what he looks like with a side that he’s built - but the nature of these performances are such that it might be enough for me if it continues like this tbh.

Even when we were picking up points I wasn’t overly happy with performances, and ultimately I think there’s answers to the questions within the squad already, but the way he’s going about it is really red flag material for me.

Anyway can totally understand if some think I’m jumping the gun and I must stress I’m not saying sack him now, just get your house in order to act decisively if you need to.

January 21, 2019, 05:48:36 PM
Reply #1332

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He’s got the rest of the season to show something. And I do mean something, like, almost anything.

But I wouldn’t let us get into next year playing like this.

Not sure the Moyes comparison works as financial situation was completely different.

Plus we were on an upward curve (league wise) again. You could argue not jumping the gun was the better course there.

Martinez, yes. God knows why we let him manage that semi.

Koeman, I presume you mean we shouldn’t have appointed him in the first placeas he only got a 1/4 of the way through his second season when he’d done fine (in comparison to the 4 seasons either side) in his first, so it was hardly a long drawn out thing ;)

January 21, 2019, 05:54:01 PM
Reply #1333

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure the Moyes comparison works as financial situation was completely different.

Plus we were on an upward curve (league wise) again. You could argue not jumping the gun was the better course there.

Martinez, yes. God knows why we let him manage that semi.

Koeman, I presume you mean we shouldn’t have appointed him in the first placeas he only got a 1/4 of the way through his second season when he’d done fine (in comparison to the 4 seasons either side) in his first, so it was hardly a long drawn out thing ;)

Hm, fair re: koeman.

Moyes - I dunno how much the financial argument matters here. I felt he was at the club too long and it had gone long stale before he went - however it’s not the clearest in my mind and this might just be opinion I’ve built up since then.

Think I’m looking through my fume-o-goggles this morning tbh.

January 21, 2019, 06:19:07 PM
Reply #1334

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hm, fair re: koeman.

Moyes - I dunno how much the financial argument matters here. I felt he was at the club too long and it had gone long stale before he went - however it’s not the clearest in my mind and this might just be opinion I’ve built up since then.

Think I’m looking through my fume-o-goggles this morning tbh.

No I agree there was a “stale” air for many re Moyes (as hinted at before, I think this was on the last two fa cup losses). Objectively we were playing decent stuff in his last year and we seemed to have a bit of direction (ie most positions were covered bar striker).

Just meant with the finances that we couldn’t afford to get things wrong, as in if we sacked him, paying out £8m or whatever, that was the next 3 years’ transfer budget gone too :eh:

Anyway, back to the present...

At least with a DoF there is an increased chance of a proper assessment of manager/ coach performance.

Previously it’s been down to finances, sentimentality and listening to fans base grumbles.