March 23, 2019, 01:15:09 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 75568 times)

January 27, 2019, 11:02:16 PM
Reply #1485

Dr. Sponge

Technically but it's hardly ambitious decisive passing. He just squared it. Richarlison had a shitty shot and the keeper completely missed it with his arms. He's not really overly ambitious or creative. Him and sigurdsson are a horrible combination

Nope. He passed it forward into Richarlison who was in the hole. I’m not being pedantic, but people are just saying things for the sake of it and it’s doin my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 27, 2019, 11:51:07 PM
Reply #1486

KoemansNumberTens

Nope. He passed it forward into Richarlison who was in the hole. I’m not being pedantic, but people are just saying things for the sake of it and it’s doin my head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think he’s ambitious on the ball or remotely creative. Handsome bugger though

January 27, 2019, 11:56:21 PM
Reply #1487

Paddockoldie

I wonder if managerial arrogance is linked to the fact you'll still get millions for being sacked. I hope Silva can take on board other views and I'd be surprised if Marcel doesn't say something if it doesn't change.

January 28, 2019, 12:27:04 AM
Reply #1488

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes is ambitious with his passing, I worry about what his position is though as right now he's a pretty schneiderlin

January 28, 2019, 01:54:31 AM
Reply #1489

stirlingblue

Gomes is ambitious with his passing, I worry about what his position is though as right now he's a pretty schneiderlin

He’s certainly showed glimpses with a few balls behind the defence and some diagonals.

I feel like I’m banging a drum on the Sigurdsson thing but unless he actually starts showing for it between the lines I’m not sure what creativity Gomes is going to be able to show

January 28, 2019, 01:55:19 AM
Reply #1490

Shogun

Administrator

Speaking of him, where the fuck is he?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 28, 2019, 02:21:22 AM
Reply #1491

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Speaking of him, where the fuck is he?

Failing to get a move or a loan deal by the looks of it

January 28, 2019, 02:51:11 AM
Reply #1492

74Blue

Technically but it’s hardly ambitious decisive passing. He just squared it. Richarlison had a shitty shot and the keeper completely missed it with his arms. He’s not really overly ambitious or creative. Him and sigurdsson are a horrible combination
Richarlison had taken up a similar position at least 3 or 4 times before the goal and had been completely bypassed qith the ball going wide to Digne, despite him being completely unmarked each time. Gomes spotted him, put tge ball into his feet and he was able to get his shot off unchallenged. Whether the keeper fucked up or not, Richarlison was in space and was picked out and able to fire the ball in and ask questions of the keeper.

January 28, 2019, 02:57:45 AM
Reply #1493

Macca77

Gomes bossing the game at Anfield seems like years ago, he's gone rapidly downhill since that game

January 28, 2019, 03:35:07 AM
Reply #1494

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gomes bossing the game at Anfield seems like years ago, he's gone rapidly downhill since that game
Thought he was decent yday, lots of clever balls between lines that the targets fucked up
Simply simply lovely

January 28, 2019, 03:25:15 PM
Reply #1495

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wish people would stop saying our season is over.

We’re three points off 7th.

Far from over.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 28, 2019, 03:43:18 PM
Reply #1496

formerKHL

interesting reading everyone's opinions and blaming different individual players throughout the team..

for me.....we've probably got the best first team squad we've had in ages.....I don't buy into this "they're mainly other managers buys and not silvas" bollox....he's a fully professional, qualified coach and manager and should be able to get better out of this team than he's getting.....his persistence to stick with systems and set ups such as the zonal marking, 2 man midfield etc is killing the units, the team and him....his habit of tinkering with players is another thing not helping ie richarlison up front when he's clearly unhappy playing there...Bernard in and out of the team as with lookman….3 in defence one week then 4....zouma in then out mina in then out...etc...

what brought moyes and dare I say it Allardyce their reasonable "success" was consistency...we have no consistency at the minute, no stabilisation in the team units and players look like the don't know each other and are very very unhappy

Off the field the club has known we need a striker since lukakus dad started mouthing off 2 years ago and have done nothing about it..i cant remember any team never mind a premier league team with out a recognised targetman/striker....yet we haven't had one since lukaku left....

Silva is allegedly good at man management..yet doesn't seem to be showing it...but if that's his only one saving grace then we've got bigger problems than we think....

January 28, 2019, 03:49:28 PM
Reply #1497

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was decent yday, lots of clever balls between lines that the targets fucked up

Why is Sigurdsson constantly off balance when he receives the ball.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 28, 2019, 04:11:35 PM
Reply #1498

Waltzer

Wish people would stop saying our season is over.

We’re three points off 7th.

Far from over.

Well it is really, isnt it?
Although I think that it emphasises how far things have dropped when finishing 7th seems like an achievement. Given our investment and the potential of the squad 7th was really my minimum expectation with a good cup run, might call me deluded?  im not that interested in finishing just 7th as lets be honest, we'd probably only whinge about having to play Thursdays, no money in it and do our best to get out of it anyway. I love a European night, I just wish if we did get in we'd prioritise it, which we wont.

January 28, 2019, 04:57:04 PM
Reply #1499

formerKHL

Just throwing it in here...………
was having a chat Saturday with some colleagues re manu's turnaround and solksjaer's influence..

what we all agreed on was he's using the same players that Mourinho did...so what's the difference was the question asked...

we all agreed the difference is the players attitude to playing...the players all now seem happier and play with a smile on their faces....one of my colleagues works at manu and he said basically solskjaer spoke to the players asked them where they wanted to play and what system they preferred he now plays them there...Pogba being the prime example...Mourinho wanted him to be the holding defensive player..he wanted to push forward and get involved up front, push into the box and basically have a free role...look at him now....

So what's this to do with our current predicament ? see any similarities with us ? do our players play with smiles on their faces in positions they like/want to play in...….maybe a lesson to be learnt here for Marco....