October 14, 2019, 04:12:39 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125247 times)

January 30, 2019, 07:56:17 PM
Reply #1545

Trowel

Rather than PPG for games played so far, how do we currently stand compared to results in the same fixtures for last season - is there a website with this info?
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 30, 2019, 08:27:29 PM
Reply #1546

van der Meyde

Rather than PPG for games played so far, how do we currently stand compared to results in the same fixtures for last season - is there a website with this info?
3 points fewer than last season.

Simon Gleave on Twitter is your man for this stuff.

January 30, 2019, 10:58:21 PM
Reply #1547

Thomas

Can’t get my head round this, nor the fact we’re 8th after being genuine horse plop for 2 months straight.

Because the EPL is dogshit from about 9th place onwards.

Amazing term btw 'Horse Plop' haha

January 30, 2019, 11:12:08 PM
Reply #1548

Lxxx

From 6th onwards.

January 30, 2019, 11:15:15 PM
Reply #1549

Mayor Farnum

It always has been; it's just before Sky came along no-one was contractually obligated to broadcast those teams.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 30, 2019, 11:25:32 PM
Reply #1550

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
From 6th onwards.

Nah, reckon ourselves, wolves and Watford are good teams. Leicester too.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 30, 2019, 11:30:38 PM
Reply #1551

Lxxx

Nah, reckon ourselves, wolves and Watford are good teams. Leicester too.

All the teams you mention, including us, are average really. We've been pretty much dog shit for two months but we're still 8th and no-one has pulled away from us, apart from the top 6 obviously. Anything below 6th is a just a mass of mediocrity, with a handful worse than the rest.

February 04, 2019, 03:59:51 AM
Reply #1552

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I thought we had moved to 433 but that Paul Riley fella is saying we are still doing basically the same thing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2019, 04:22:29 AM
Reply #1553

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I thought we had moved to 433 but that Paul Riley fella is saying we are still doing basically the same thing.

Presume he’s basing that on something but even from the kick off yesterday you could see it was 4-3-3.

Obviously we abandoned that when went 3 at the back.

Thought it worked better with link up play (in the first half at least) as it provided better angles for Tosun.

Sigurdsson is likely to end up further forward when we’re chasing a goal (or just anyway) as that’s what he is.

Plus with Gomes at 6, he’s not a natural sitter so won’t just be there in the middle.

So whether we were successful may be an argument but I’m pretty sure we tried 4-3-3.

February 04, 2019, 04:45:33 AM
Reply #1554

stirlingblue

I watched Leicester earlier today and they went with two destroyers in Ndidi and Mendy with Maddison in front of them.

Comparing the movement of Maddison to what we have in Sig was absolute night and day, the fact that he was showing for it and so involved made it much easier for the rest of the team.

Would love to see Bernard in Sig’s role for a game to see how he gets on, and there’s not much else to play for so I hope we experiment a bit

February 04, 2019, 05:11:57 AM
Reply #1555

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Presume he’s basing that on something but even from the kick off yesterday you could see it was 4-3-3.

Obviously we abandoned that when went 3 at the back.

Thought it worked better with link up play (in the first half at least) as it provided better angles for Tosun.

Sigurdsson is likely to end up further forward when we’re chasing a goal (or just anyway) as that’s what he is.

Plus with Gomes at 6, he’s not a natural sitter so won’t just be there in the middle.

So whether we were successful may be an argument but I’m pretty sure we tried 4-3-3.

Yeah I dunno what to say really, assume there's some nuance of the 433 that he feels we arent doing or whatever but I felt we'd been 433 and keeping the ball a bit better but I dunno if that was even part of our problem or whatever.

He's very grumpy and can be a bit of knob about what evertonians think, forgetting not everybody is a bloody professional analyst like, but he's generally spot on I think so was disappointed to read him saying it's still not really a 433.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2019, 12:55:31 PM
Reply #1556

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I dunno what to say really, assume there's some nuance of the 433 that he feels we arent doing or whatever but I felt we'd been 433 and keeping the ball a bit better but I dunno if that was even part of our problem or whatever.

He's very grumpy and can be a bit of knob about what evertonians think, forgetting not everybody is a bloody professional analyst like, but he's generally spot on I think so was disappointed to read him saying it's still not really a 433.

I’d say also that in both games (sending off and losing at HT) we’ve had situations that would influence what we’re doing, intentionally or not.

February 04, 2019, 06:56:49 PM
Reply #1557

Ross

Defending set pieces doesn’t seem to be in his playbook

https://twitter.com/Matt_Cheetham/status/1091834300868296706?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 04, 2019, 06:57:53 PM
Reply #1558

Martip

February 04, 2019, 07:02:42 PM
Reply #1559

Martip

I think the whole set piece thing is the bit that's really grinding everyone's gears as it should be fixable.