October 20, 2019, 09:29:54 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 128348 times)

February 04, 2019, 08:07:02 PM
Reply #1560

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's not new information like but yeah it's very annoying.

Particularly the way we hardly ever score off them even though we have sigurdsson and yerry Mina. Should be worth about 10 a year that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2019, 10:14:00 PM
Reply #1561

markB

Defending set pieces doesn’t seem to be in his playbook

https://twitter.com/Matt_Cheetham/status/1091834300868296706?

but its not him its the players at 3 clubs now lol let give him more time so he can get it to 0.50 that 0.49 is messing with my OCD

February 04, 2019, 11:57:31 PM
Reply #1562

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Check out @SBunching’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SBunching/status/1092426859042820096?s=09

Ten goals a season worse than league average.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 05, 2019, 01:47:41 AM
Reply #1563

eyesalwaysblue

Defending set pieces doesn’t seem to be in his playbook

https://twitter.com/Matt_Cheetham/status/1091834300868296706?
There's fuck all in his playbook it seems, just chuck it at the wall and take the odd happy accident...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 07, 2019, 05:09:23 PM
Reply #1564

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was better, wasn't it? I didn't imagine it, the 433 gave us more bodies in the middle and dropped into a 451 that didn't disrupt our build up when we had the ball, right?

Richarlison is an issue. Arguably one of the worst passers of the ball in the prem, an absolute ball giving away machine.

Sigurdsson immediately disrupted the formation and Davies disappeared after being our best player first half.

His subs are a bit...'lash another one on up top'.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:13:09 PM by brap2 »

February 07, 2019, 05:22:06 PM
Reply #1565

Lxxx

I'd like to see us continue with Davies in Sig's position. His twisting and turning, movement and quick passing, when released from a defensive responsibility, gives us more options going forward.

Whether that equates to more or less of an overall goal threat only time will tell but the early signs are promising enough to warrant a further look.

February 07, 2019, 06:02:29 PM
Reply #1566

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It was better, wasn't it? I didn't imagine it, the 433 gave us more bodies in the middle and dropped into a 451 that didn't disrupt our build up when we had the ball, right?

Richarlison is an issue. Arguably one of the worst passers of the ball in the prem, an absolute ball giving away machine.

Sigurdsson immediately disrupted the formation and Davies disappeared after being our best player first half.

Best, most coherent performance for two months.

Davies thrived being the more advanced of the three, Gomes played his best game for a while and we didn’t see much of Gana on the ball.

Sigurdsson comes on and it all changes. Gana is suddenly a ball magnet, Davies doesn’t know where to be and that massive gap in the midfield reappears.

His subs are very poor. No thought behind them other than getting more bodies in the box.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 07, 2019, 06:47:47 PM
Reply #1567

Hawkandro

His subs are proper Football Manager style.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 07, 2019, 07:23:12 PM
Reply #1568

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like to see us continue with Davies in Sig's position. His twisting and turning, movement and quick passing, when released from a defensive responsibility, gives us more options going forward.

Whether that equates to more or less of an overall goal threat only time will tell but the early signs are promising enough to warrant a further look.

I would like to see Tom Davies in the number 10 position a lot more. The guy's feet is one of the best at the club, and he is so calm on the ball. He has an ability to beat a man from very close range, which isn't something a lot of players have. This could create space for others, much like Silva does for City - I actually think this is who Davies should model himself around, not a hard tackling centre mid.

February 07, 2019, 10:01:22 PM
Reply #1569

kramer0

I'm here for all of the Davies love.

I'll throw in a mention for the good work he does closing down the opposition and scrapping for 50/50 balls, as well.

February 07, 2019, 10:11:47 PM
Reply #1570

gizzblue

So we are chasing a game 1-0 down ...and now Silva tried to use his best attacking options left on the bench ....and that's shit apparently ...should he have used the abundance of other strikers ????...oh wait

Or maybe the other attacking midfielders that are not Gylfi?  ...oh wait

Would love to know how the legendary 'managers' on here criticising his now every move would've solved the conundrum of last night without using them subs.

Born not made a blue .

February 07, 2019, 10:13:12 PM
Reply #1571

gizzblue

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:19:11 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

February 07, 2019, 10:41:07 PM
Reply #1572

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So we are chasing a game 1-0 down ...and now Silva tried to use his best attacking options left on the bench ....and that's shit apparently ...should he have used the abundance of other strikers ????...oh wait

Or maybe the other attacking midfielders that are not Gylfi?  ...oh wait

Something needed changing ..no doubt id he had of left the subs out he would still be shit for not changing it .

Would love to know how the legendary 'managers' on here criticising his now every move would've solved the conundrum of last night without using them subs.

That’s the whole point of the thread fella.

We post about how the manager is performing and things like his his subs will be discussed.

I personally would’ve kept sigurdssson well away from the pitch and not ruined the shape of our midfield.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 07, 2019, 11:16:03 PM
Reply #1573

gizzblue

That’s the whole point of the thread fella.

We post about how the manager is performing and things like his his subs will be discussed.

I personally would’ve kept sigurdssson well away from the pitch and not ruined the shape of our midfield.

I do understand how the forum works ...but again it's all Silvas fault when in reality he was using what he had to try and get us in the game ...namely our two biggest threats so far this season.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:19:36 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

February 07, 2019, 11:22:59 PM
Reply #1574

eyesalwaysblue

Sigg would not have strengthened the chances of scoring last night in a million years, just the opposite.
I still despise Clive Thomas..