October 23, 2019, 12:51:31 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129320 times)

February 23, 2019, 10:05:02 PM
Reply #1665

Lxxx

£4m is small fry compared to the £10m that we had to pay Bobby and the £6m to Koeman.

Suppose that's a kind of positive?

We've not even sacked and paid him off yet...

February 24, 2019, 01:41:40 AM
Reply #1666

Martip

And Del rubs salt in the wound
People will no doubt disagree but I'd have him in the 11 over bernard any day of the week....much more of a threat.

February 24, 2019, 01:58:58 AM
Reply #1667

eyesalwaysblue

People will no doubt disagree but I'd have him in the 11 over bernard any day of the week....much more of a threat.
Wasn't arsed when he went but looking at some of the dross we have now, he'd be a step up, which is a bit depressing.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 24, 2019, 02:00:21 AM
Reply #1668

KoemansNumberTens

He’s crap. 1 good performance doesn’t change the history of 20 bad 1s

February 24, 2019, 02:21:43 AM
Reply #1669

Martip

He’s crap. 1 good performance doesn’t change the history of 20 bad 1s
He's not crap. You d rather have bernard in the 11 ?

February 24, 2019, 02:24:46 AM
Reply #1670

Cereal Killer

:headbang:

Almost as bad as the "should've kept Duffy" shouts after he had one good game

February 24, 2019, 02:26:55 AM
Reply #1671

Martip

Absolutely not....the last game aside del is much more of a threat and scores/assists more. He has a good game things happen, bernard has good game he plays a clever pass.

February 24, 2019, 02:45:49 AM
Reply #1672

KoemansNumberTens

He's not crap. You d rather have bernard in the 11 ?

He is crap. He failed at Barca twice, he failed here twice. He failed at Sevilla. His numbers at Watford are shite. He’s genuine crap. He shouldn’t be because he has a lot of the tools but he’s done the square route of  fuck all.

I’d much prefer Bernard though he’s not started great.

February 24, 2019, 02:52:48 AM
Reply #1673

eyesalwaysblue

I'd have him before Walcott but i'd have any bastard before him, even a discussion about Del shows how far we have not improved up top.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 24, 2019, 03:19:29 AM
Reply #1674

Martip

He is crap. He failed at Barca twice, he failed here twice. He failed at Sevilla. His numbers at Watford are shite. He’s genuine crap. He shouldn’t be because he has a lot of the tools but he’s done the square route of  fuck all.

I’d much prefer Bernard though he’s not started great.
You say he failed at Sevilla but his stats were 1 goal and 5 assists in 17 games and for milan it was 4 goals and 3 assists in 17 games.

I also can't agree he failed with us the first time round as he got 2 goals and 8 assists in 26 appearances and is on 6 goals and 4 assists in 20 for Watford

I agree that he didn't make it at Barcelona but let's be honest none of our players would of got into that team so it's an unfair comparison.

Bernard is currently 3 assists and no goals in 23 games so I'm not sure why you think bernard will be more effective ? He's neat and tidy but not shown anything like being an effective prem player which is probably why Silva doesn't start him these days.

February 24, 2019, 12:27:56 PM
Reply #1675

KoemansNumberTens

You say he failed at Sevilla but his stats were 1 goal and 5 assists in 17 games and for milan it was 4 goals and 3 assists in 17 games.

I also can't agree he failed with us the first time round as he got 2 goals and 8 assists in 26 appearances and is on 6 goals and 4 assists in 20 for Watford

I agree that he didn't make it at Barcelona but let's be honest none of our players would of got into that team so it's an unfair comparison.

Bernard is currently 3 assists and no goals in 23 games so I'm not sure why you think bernard will be more effective ? He's neat and tidy but not shown anything like being an effective prem player which is probably why Silva doesn't start him these days.

His time at Seville is a while ago but I thought it got to the stage where he wasn’t even on the bench for them.

He’s played for some great clubs but he’s not actually done anything of note for any of them and before the other nights hattrick his numbers at Watford were shite too.

He was rubbish for us. Not fit enough. Always taking the wrong option. He’s got a lot of talent and it might suddenly click but how long can you wait for that might when he’s doing very little

February 24, 2019, 01:21:38 PM
Reply #1676

TheTone

I'd have him

February 24, 2019, 04:46:07 PM
Reply #1677

gizzblue

He had a cracking game yesterday and he had a cracking game against Stoke three years ago at Goodison .....hardly a world beater, has a touch of the Ross about him goes missing way too much ...loses the ball too much and doesn't track back .. .no thanks ...is he actually better than Wallcot ? we need an upgrade not a similar player 95% of the time .
Born not made a blue .

February 24, 2019, 05:26:50 PM
Reply #1678

MarcusFenix

Well I guess the fact we've agreed to pay £4m compensation suggests it wasn't perfectly legitimate.

If what is in the public domain is how it actually happened then it was perfectly legitimate.

If something happened which isn't in the public domain then Watford should have applied pressure on the PL to intervene.

Like Gash said 'storm in a teacup'
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

February 24, 2019, 05:34:04 PM
Reply #1679

MarcusFenix

He was rubbish for us. Always taking the wrong option.

Clearly incorrect that he was rubbish and always taking the wrong option.

2 goals and 8 assists in his first spell shows he took the right option at least 10 times.

Bernard 3 assists in a similar amount of games.
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey