November 17, 2019, 10:34:24 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 142718 times)

February 24, 2019, 05:36:56 PM
Reply #1680

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
If what is in the public domain is how it actually happened then it was perfectly legitimate.

If something happened which isn't in the public domain then Watford should have applied pressure on the PL to intervene.

Like Gash said 'storm in a teacup'

I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say.

Obviously it wasn’t perfectly legitimate. We’ve done something wrong. We wouldn’t be handing over £4m otherwise.

Whether Watford’s want to go through the PL to obtain compensation, settle the matter through direct negotiations with us, or a combination of the two is a commercial matter for them to decide. You’ve no real idea what they “should” have done.

February 24, 2019, 06:14:42 PM
Reply #1681

KoemansNumberTens

Clearly incorrect that he was rubbish and always taking the wrong option.

2 goals and 8 assists in his first spell shows he took the right option at least 10 times.

Bernard 3 assists in a similar amount of games.

I didn’t mean literally always. He was a wonderful butcher of chances though. He’d go clear down the wing wait for the defender and then knock it out for a goal kick. He was horrible here in the 2nd spell. We had shite wingers and we still loaned him out. Then that almost fell through cos they wouldn’t commit to taking him permanently

February 27, 2019, 08:36:26 PM
Reply #1682

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is it time to discuss Schneiderlin?

Is there a way back for the much maligned figure?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 27, 2019, 08:47:06 PM
Reply #1683

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber

He did well yesterday, but it was against a really poor Cardiff side. Never write anyone off, but as per always, he needs to produce more going forwards to make any impact in the first team.

February 27, 2019, 09:20:33 PM
Reply #1684

sam of the south

Well, both him and Gana made two excellent key forward passes yesterday which was a welcome change
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

February 27, 2019, 10:40:44 PM
Reply #1685

gizzblue

As far as I'm concerned every player on our Rota has a chance at a place
....if they keep the performance up ....why the hell not .. .we can't be choosey .

We know he was a cracking player too once ....not sure what happened to him ....but even be can do it if he gets his head straight .
Born not made a blue .

February 27, 2019, 11:09:18 PM
Reply #1686

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mad the way McCarthy hasn’t had a look in at all.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 27, 2019, 11:58:44 PM
Reply #1687

GrantyBoy78

Mad the way McCarthy hasn't had a look in at all.
Yep, especially when we’ve been crying out for energy in the middle of the park.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 28, 2019, 12:01:39 AM
Reply #1688

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Reflects poorly on Mc Carthy if he can't get a look in and Schneiderlin has.

February 28, 2019, 01:34:48 AM
Reply #1689

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Lulz at McCarthy lolol

February 28, 2019, 06:14:28 AM
Reply #1690

eyesalwaysblue

Well if Morgan get's a run out under the new master would be very rude to not give James the same chance.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 28, 2019, 06:18:18 AM
Reply #1691

Ramjam

I think Marco is just putting Schniderlin in the shop window in hope that someone will make an offer in the summer, unfortunately he can’t take the same risk with McCarthy as he’d likely get injured again

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 28, 2019, 01:32:34 PM
Reply #1692

Juanito

I think Marco is just putting Schniderlin in the shop window in hope that someone will make an offer in the summer, unfortunately he can’t take the same risk with McCarthy as he’d likely get injured again

Nah, I think it’s because we genuinely need a number 6 who can hold his position and give the midfield some balance and not be so open. Not to say he is the answer but the player he was when he first signed and the player he was at Southampton would be a hell of an asset here.

February 28, 2019, 02:04:32 PM
Reply #1693

dunkster

Seem to recall him mentioning schneirderlin by name when discussing the number 6 roll when he first arrived. Strange how he chooses him and drops the guy whos been captain for the previous 2 games. Will do wonders for  Davis confidence that.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 28, 2019, 04:16:06 PM
Reply #1694

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can't believe I'm saying this because I gave up on him about 18 months ago but -

The net gain to this side if we get Schneiderlin playing anywhere near his best would be immense. Tactically it would solve a huge (William carvalho shaped) hole, and we could do 433 with any mix of Gueye, Gomes, Davies, Sig in the other two more advanced positions.

At his best he's a better passer than Gomes and much better defensively, while being less of a mad bastard than gueye.

Is Morgan going to be our hero? Is this real life?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.