October 17, 2019, 01:20:11 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126743 times)

March 02, 2019, 01:23:46 AM
Reply #1710

eyesalwaysblue

Wouldn't like to see Morgan,Walcott and Rich start together, potentially 3 missing from the off, would be happy birthday to them.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

March 04, 2019, 01:28:45 AM
Reply #1711

wepull

I like the fact that we played Richarlison at right wing.

I think he's very similar to Mirallas when he plays at left wing, he just cuts back in to either take a shot or pass which becomes very easy to read. He doesn't have dribbling skills to just cut in and create that extra bit of space and his left foot isn't the best so he doesn't like to take it wide and try to put a cross in. This used to limit his game.

At right wing, he's more likely to use his pace to get by the wings and put in a cross. He might score lesser but I feel he'll be more effective at RW than LW.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 04, 2019, 01:45:40 AM
Reply #1712

Evertonian in NC

plus it allows us to exile Walcott
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 04, 2019, 01:51:42 AM
Reply #1713

Shogun

Administrator
Very deliberate the way he talked about atmosphere before and after the match.

Shows that the atmosphere does make a difference to this group of players.

March 04, 2019, 01:55:23 AM
Reply #1714

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Particularly about acknowledging won’t be that like for every fixture but should be “something” for most games.

March 04, 2019, 02:41:28 AM
Reply #1715

Lxxx

It makes a difference to every player.

He was using it to try to cover our complete lack of belief and tactical fluency though. It worked, to an extent.

It’s the games that aren’t fuelled by a typical, ale fuelled derby atmosphere that he has to prove his worth though.

March 04, 2019, 02:44:19 AM
Reply #1716

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It makes a difference to every player.

He was using it to try to cover our complete lack of belief and tactical fluency though. It worked, to an extent.

It’s the games that aren’t fuelled by a typical, ale fuelled derby atmosphere that he has to prove his worth though.

Think that he was talking about it before was that he wanted to avoid the silence/ negativity that permeates so many matches (often in ones where we’re better/ have more chances than today).

March 04, 2019, 02:54:24 AM
Reply #1717

Lxxx

Think that he was talking about it before was that he wanted to avoid the silence/ negativity that permeates so many matches (often in ones where we’re better/ have more chances than today).

Yes I know that but having not managed a derby at Goodison it was a given really that we were going to get a different atmosphere than normal.

We always pull high intensity out of the bag in these games. We generally need what goes on out on the pitch to generate the atmosphere in the other games though.

March 04, 2019, 01:23:04 PM
Reply #1718

bluenuck

Maybe some flags will help?

(I’m going for the most unliked post ever)

March 04, 2019, 02:46:07 PM
Reply #1719

dunkster

Back to the old chicken and the egg argument. Does the team need to play in a manor to GET the fans noisy.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 04, 2019, 07:42:52 PM
Reply #1720

Shogun

Administrator
On another note, set plays seems to be getting better.

Though this could change instantly.

March 04, 2019, 07:53:17 PM
Reply #1721

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
On another note, set plays seems to be getting better.

Though this could change instantly.

Defo winning more second balls when it drops in the box.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 04, 2019, 08:25:36 PM
Reply #1722

Bluedylan

That 17 days off probably helped a fair bit, in terms of giving time to coach and drill it.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 04, 2019, 09:28:27 PM
Reply #1723

gizzblue

They do seem to be getting better at every bit of defending ....but I'm sure the two DM's is helping too ...an extra defensive brain in there .

Hope it continues .
Born not made a blue .

March 04, 2019, 09:29:12 PM
Reply #1724

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Set plays are better because we aren't giving away stupid freekicks. We are actually a good defensive team in open play.

We have conceded less goals from open play than Man Utd and Arsenal, but the most in the league by set pieces. It stands to reason that if we can sort this out, we will be in a very good place next season.

Offensively, we have scored the 7th most from open play, with the only teams ahead of us being the top 6. Not too bad.