September 24, 2019, 01:26:25 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 107974 times)

indiantoffee1975, plumber, youngysenior, Smithers, NickNack, oscar and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 05, 2019, 01:54:49 PM
Reply #1740

Paddockoldie

One touch to many

I think that's what he does. At this level it's split second decisions that make the difference. His control is amazing and he will improve and that's really positive.

March 05, 2019, 05:27:32 PM
Reply #1741

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Dont think there was an opportunity to shoot to be honest...and when the chance came, Van Dijk got a foot in.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 05, 2019, 11:07:12 PM
Reply #1742

BlueForYou

Control, shoot, 1-0

Goal of the season and pass of the season!

Simple game, football
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 05, 2019, 11:48:58 PM
Reply #1743

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon it was probably the right touch to get it out of his feet, if van dijk misses the challenge or doesn't try it, then Bernard ends up in the space between vvd and Robertson, and bends it into the far corner.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2019, 01:37:07 AM
Reply #1744

TheTone

C'mon now, we all know he is shanking that wide and falling on his arse if he gets around big Virgil

March 06, 2019, 02:05:59 AM
Reply #1745

Paddockoldie

C'mon now, we all know he is shanking that wide and falling on his arse if he gets around big Virgil

Ooh, you dream sponge.

March 09, 2019, 11:20:35 PM
Reply #1746

BlueBeagle

Pickford is an absolute liability yet has the ability to make the odd great save here and there

March 09, 2019, 11:25:06 PM
Reply #1747

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford is an absolute liability yet has the ability to make the odd great save here and there
Shot stopping is an absolute basic skill at this level. The rest of his game is sorely lacking.

March 09, 2019, 11:49:25 PM
Reply #1748

gizzblue

Pickford had an absolute mare. ...but he wasn't alone in mistakes today either ....poorly giving the ball away and bad clearances as well as the offside goal ...but fuck we are shithouse .
Born not made a blue .

March 09, 2019, 11:51:32 PM
Reply #1749

Lxxx

If he didn’t look as if he’s one more breath from a heart attack it’d be a shrewd move to bring in big Nev as a kind of mentor for him, if we’ve even got that kind of culture at the club anymore.

March 09, 2019, 11:53:58 PM
Reply #1750

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Go out and spend 10-15mil on a keeper.

Nick pope, somebody like that. Someone who will be a back up but you know they can do a good job when called upon.

Pickford needs to be dropped after that today but look at the alternatives we have at the moment.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:55:13 PM by TheRam »
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 10, 2019, 12:00:14 AM
Reply #1751

gizzblue

Go out and spend 10-15mil on a keeper.

Nick pope, somebody like that. Someone who will be a back up but you know they can do a good job when called upon.

Pickford needs to be dropped after that today but look at the alternatives we have at the moment.

Exactly this Stek doesn't worry him one iota ....need a young ballsy kid to breathe down his neck .
Born not made a blue .

March 10, 2019, 12:03:07 AM
Reply #1752

blueski

I wonder what Silva's fitness standards are like with the players

This one just seemed like a general let down in energy levels about 50 minutes in. Makes you wonder if he's pushing fitness standards to their max or if hes one we find out later where its all ham and cheese toasties and ball work instead of the hard yards in training
Nil Satis

March 10, 2019, 12:07:06 AM
Reply #1753

Cuttyblue

I wonder what Silva's fitness standards are like with the players

This one just seemed like a general let down in energy levels about 50 minutes in. Makes you wonder if he's pushing fitness standards to their max or if hes one we find out later where its all ham and cheese toasties and ball work instead of the hard yards in training

Been wondering about this for years. Last week vs shite was a rare treat in terms of our physical presence/strength - matched them all 90mins. Today we were simply pushed aside in the 2nd half by kick and rush football. So weak

March 10, 2019, 03:40:59 AM
Reply #1754

SANA_DR0

Exactly this Stek doesn't worry him one iota ....need a young ballsy kid to breathe down his neck .

We have a young ballsy kid.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/08/03/joao-virginia

Official Membership

Click here to buy now

Everton completed the signing today of Portugal youth international goalkeeper Joao Virginia from Arsenal on a three-year deal.

Born in Faro, the 18-year-old stopper came through Benfica’s academy and joined Arsenal in 2015.

Virginia made 22 appearances for the Gunners at age-group level last season, featuring for both their Under-18 and Under-23 teams and was part of the Portugal side that beat Italy in the Under-19 European Championship final in Finland on Sunday.

"I am really happy to be at Everton," said Virginia. "I hope to learn a lot from the goalkeepers here, Jordan Pickford, who had a great season and World Cup and Maarten Stekelenburg, who is very experienced, too. This is a great opportunity for me.”
Robinson Pens New Everton Deal And Completes Wigan Loan Switch
Silva's Pride Ahead Of First Goodison Park Game
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....