October 21, 2019, 06:42:39 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 128597 times)

March 12, 2019, 03:16:39 PM
Reply #1770

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 12, 2019, 04:34:07 PM
Reply #1771

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Brands letting us know that we won't spending massive money on a striker:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-unlikely-sign-huge-striker-15956843

Like the sound of a young, versatile attacker in the richarlison mold.

Lozano, Neres, Ziyech, Bergwijn, Chukwueze, Pepe, Sarr..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 12, 2019, 08:19:26 PM
Reply #1772

kramer0

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-unlikely-sign-huge-striker-15956843

Sensible.

Nice to know that the club is behind our young forwards.

It'll be interesting to see how we deal with our young midfielders too. Davies, Vlasic, and Dowell are all worth investing minutes in.

March 12, 2019, 08:33:43 PM
Reply #1773

Paddockoldie

Sensible.

Nice to know that the club is behind our young forwards.

It'll be interesting to see how we deal with our young midfielders too. Davies, Vlasic, and Dowell are all worth investing minutes in.

I'd love Vlasic to make it as he's quality but is he Russia league or Prem that's the rub. He's done well there but that's why we bought him. I'm not sure Dowell will make it with us at least.

March 12, 2019, 08:39:59 PM
Reply #1774

gizzblue

Echo rehashing a story from early in the season ...it may still be revalent but it's old news ....slow news week for the redshite rag .
Born not made a blue .

April 04, 2019, 04:34:47 PM
Reply #1775

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 08, 2019, 07:07:13 PM
Reply #1776

Dr. Sponge

I felt confident defending set-pieces yesterday, mainly down to the leap Kurt Zouma has. Not human.

We played a lot of long balls yesterday too, which worked very well. Arsenal didn’t have an answer for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 09, 2019, 10:17:25 AM
Reply #1777

Ramjam

I felt confident defending set-pieces yesterday, mainly down to the leap Kurt Zouma has. Not human.

We played a lot of long balls yesterday too, which worked very well. Arsenal didn't have an answer for it.

Just remember them sort of passes are precision passes when Liverpool play them but when it’s Everton they are called hoof balls up the park

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 09, 2019, 03:20:16 PM
Reply #1778

arteta4spain

We played a lot of long balls yesterday too, which worked very well. Arsenal didn't have an answer for it.

Yeah i did see that during the game. Colossus.  He's getting better with games but one thing that needs to happen is replacing Jags organisational skills in the back four. Despite his age he's got a wealth of experience and awareness of how to organise a defence. If Keane, Zouma (if we sign him) and Mina can somehow harness that then replacing him might not be as hard a task.

April 09, 2019, 11:11:10 PM
Reply #1779

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Some very nice analysis of the game by Arsenal fans, and on how Everton exploited Arsenal's weaknesses:

http://youaremyarsenal.com/everton-arsenal-premier-league-tactical-analysis-statistics/

April 11, 2019, 03:17:14 PM
Reply #1780

D15TIN

Brands at United v Barca last night

April 11, 2019, 03:44:01 PM
Reply #1781

Macca77

Looks like a Bond villain

April 11, 2019, 06:13:06 PM
Reply #1782

Shogun

Administrator
Weird to see 1878 with a different club

April 12, 2019, 12:14:41 AM
Reply #1783

NickNack

Yeah i did see that during the game. Colossus.  He's getting better with games but one thing that needs to happen is replacing Jags organisational skills in the back four. Despite his age he's got a wealth of experience and awareness of how to organise a defence. If Keane, Zouma (if we sign him) and Mina can somehow harness that then replacing him might not be as hard a task.
I hope we give him another year and he stays on in a coaching capacity when he stops playing. I think he’d have a lot to offer as a coach

April 12, 2019, 01:36:29 AM
Reply #1784

arteta4spain

I hope we give him another year and he stays on in a coaching capacity when he stops playing. I think he'd have a lot to offer as a coach
Definitely! I’d hope he’d stay here and not maybe move back to Sheff Utd.  Not sure if he’s ever be manager material, be a coach of some capacity beckons.