October 19, 2019, 09:32:26 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 127322 times)

April 28, 2019, 05:13:30 PM
Reply #1815

Gash

Global Moderator
playing more direct - pickford playing more passes direct to last third rather than playing sideways to digne/coleman - resulting in faster football and not slow build ups that peter out haflwayup the pitch? nod

You started a similar thread yesterday, it was merged into the 120 page thread already discussing tactics, same as this one is.

May 04, 2019, 01:51:14 AM
Reply #1816

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mendes linked from Lille, would suit us v well but 27.

Can play as a destroyer or an orchestrator from deep so really versatile in a position we need some flexibility.

Article : https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/thiago-mendes-lille-chelsea-everton
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 04, 2019, 04:18:41 AM
Reply #1817

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
How fsr would you have to go back to find an everton manager who's team went 6 months without conceding at home in the lesgue?

May 04, 2019, 04:57:16 AM
Reply #1818

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
How fsr would you have to go back to find an everton manager who's team went 6 months without conceding at home in the lesgue?

Not just that but 9/11 clean sheets since the break is very good.

Not too tough aways but certainly games where we could have conceded set plays. 

Small point but noticed in second half there was an attempted pass over the top from deep that their CB headed back into midfield.

Silva was waving madly that the back 4 plus CMs should have been a lot more aggressive in following the pass and on top of the ball that dropped down.

Small detail but indicative of what we’re actually trying to do.

May 04, 2019, 05:28:41 AM
Reply #1819

sam of the south

Wrong thread
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

May 04, 2019, 06:16:18 AM
Reply #1820

Shogun

Administrator
Fucking love Marco Silva you know

May 04, 2019, 02:27:35 PM
Reply #1821

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking love Marco Silva you know

I wasn’t calling for his head but neither was I 100% convinced he was the right man. But over the past few months I’m starting to think (hope) this is the guy we need
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 04, 2019, 04:37:38 PM
Reply #1822

Mac934

I wasn’t calling for his head but neither was I 100% convinced he was the right man. But over the past few months I’m starting to think (hope) this is the guy we need
There are a lot of managers out there that when things get tough they have no ideas how to get out of it. Silva has proved that when we struggled for a while, he stuck it out and has come out the other side with a team that plays good football again. I was also a doubter, but after the recent results, he is convincing me he can do the job. With backing from the owner with funds and Brands behind him I think we will see a greater challenge next season.

May 04, 2019, 04:39:50 PM
Reply #1823

gizzblue

Never doubted him for a second .....honest  :thumbsup:

Think we have found a great match in Marco and Marcel .
Born not made a blue .

May 04, 2019, 05:50:53 PM
Reply #1824

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Everton have had 10 attempts on goal inside 23 minutes here at Goodison - a total which once took them 23 games to equal under Sam Allardyce. #EFC
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 04, 2019, 05:59:04 PM
Reply #1825

Bluedylan

The doubters have gone awfully quiet. Can hear a pin drop.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 04, 2019, 06:48:51 PM
Reply #1826

Macca77

Merson, Thompson and Nicholas ripping into us as usual on Soccer Saturday, got no chance of top 6 next season apparently. Stelling was the only one who gave us credit and said he thinks that with the right recruitment this summer we will get top 6, maybe even push for top 4

May 04, 2019, 07:08:36 PM
Reply #1827

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The doubters have gone awfully quiet. Can hear a pin drop.

Hiya mate, still here, but theres not a great deal to be said is there?

Nothing to be gained from being needlessly negative right at the end of the season when we can't really be sure of what we're seeing.

There's not typically a good correlation between end of season form and the corresponding season either so I'm not getting too excited, but the last few mins of a roller-coaster are always the best I suppose.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 04, 2019, 07:24:43 PM
Reply #1828

BlueForYou

Silva is winning me over

Stelling has won me over!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 04, 2019, 07:53:04 PM
Reply #1829

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Everton have had 10 attempts on goal inside 23 minutes here at Goodison - a total which once took them 23 games to equal under Sam Allardyce. #EFC

What a disgrace.