October 16, 2019, 05:07:49 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126163 times)

May 04, 2019, 08:07:28 PM
Reply #1830

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hiya mate, still here, but theres not a great deal to be said is there?

Nothing to be gained from being needlessly negative right at the end of the season when we can't really be sure of what we're seeing.

There's not typically a good correlation between end of season form and the corresponding season either so I'm not getting too excited, but the last few mins of a roller-coaster are always the best I suppose.
I agree with this, whilst the home form has picked up radically there's still a lot to do away from home
This run has bought silva time tho so now we, the fans, chairman and dof need to back him and in particuler brands needs to emphasise the direction he wants the club to be going in

For the mean time I like to think that silva and the players are on a good track
Simply simply lovely

May 04, 2019, 08:47:10 PM
Reply #1831

Nicco

How fsr would you have to go back to find an everton manager who's team went 6 months without conceding at home in the lesgue?
Dont really know but probably before 1878.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

May 04, 2019, 08:55:34 PM
Reply #1832

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We've looked better away without getting the results I think it's clear he's found a way of playing it's a big summer for us now

May 04, 2019, 10:07:25 PM
Reply #1833

Lxxx

The doubters have gone awfully quiet. Can hear a pin drop.

Doubters which included you at one point I believe.

Every fan had reservations when we went on a horrible run, perfectly natural and normal. Even the chairman had a very public wobble about the current situation at the time.

Nothing to be gained from taking the fickle high ground now it looks like we’ve turned it around. Or maybe there is, depends on your personality.

May 04, 2019, 10:40:15 PM
Reply #1834

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
We’re pretty fun to watch now and tbh that’s the type of fan I’ve become. Just want to watch a decent game of footy.

May 04, 2019, 10:52:45 PM
Reply #1835

gizzblue

Merson, Thompson and Nicholas ripping into us as usual on Soccer Saturday, got no chance of top 6 next season apparently. Stelling was the only one who gave us credit and said he thinks that with the right recruitment this summer we will get top 6, maybe even push for top 4

Love the doubters having a pop ...all the more satisfying if and when we break the 'sky' six ...and put the fuckers noses out of joint. ....aside Merson the coke habit probably did that already.
Born not made a blue .

May 05, 2019, 12:12:17 AM
Reply #1836

KoemansNumberTens

Ultimately we’ve had a poor season. Can’t finish in the top 7. Out of the cups early to Southampton and millwall (without beating anyone of note)
As an overview it’s been extremely shite

However we actually look a good team now. Excitement and hope for next season is pretty high and if we can retain our loans and get ourselves a decent striker we look comfortably better than than all the sides we’ve battled for 7th with this season

Been a hard season but there’s plenty to look forward to

May 05, 2019, 12:13:54 AM
Reply #1837

Shogun

Administrator
Definition of a transition season.

May 05, 2019, 12:32:10 AM
Reply #1838

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Ultimately we’ve had a poor season. Can’t finish in the top 7. Out of the cups early to Southampton and millwall (without beating anyone of note)
As an overview it’s been extremely shite

However we actually look a good team now. Excitement and hope for next season is pretty high and if we can retain our loans and get ourselves a decent striker we look comfortably better than than all the sides we’ve battled for 7th with this season

Been a hard season but there’s plenty to look forward to

Still think his largeness is a better manager?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 05, 2019, 12:38:46 AM
Reply #1839

KoemansNumberTens

Still think his largeness is a better manager?

No. I still think he did a reasonable job though. Silva looks like he’s finally getting his ideas through to the players and it’s working. Our form when it was bad though was pretty inept . We can’t afford to be that bad for that long again

May 05, 2019, 05:23:25 AM
Reply #1840

Shogun

Administrator
Any intelligent people know why we're suddenly sound when defending set pieces?

May 05, 2019, 05:35:19 AM
Reply #1841

eyesalwaysblue

Silva's learned tactically no doubt, but he needed to because he was fucking woeful at times this season,
still a lot to do securing loans if possible especially, but at least we've seen progress lately, long may it continue.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 05, 2019, 08:10:31 AM
Reply #1842

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

We seem to have much more guile and invention from attacking set pieces too.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 05, 2019, 12:34:51 PM
Reply #1843

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
It does seem that it took a while for the players to grasp what Silva was asking of them. Jags said as much on Friday in his interview, we’ve had too many managers with different styles in a short time and we now need continuity.
One thing I’ve only thought about now is do we still use the same zonal marking that was pitiful for us earlier in the year, I guess I’m not paying attention now it’s all clicking.
I had serious doubts about silva earlier in the season but am fully onboard now and I really love the fact that he openly admits the transfer work is done in identifying what we need.
Over to you Mr Brands....

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

May 05, 2019, 02:40:34 PM
Reply #1844

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Genuinely no idea, but i've no idea how we were so bad at them before either.